Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
General Smuts

Smuts' NFL Thread

Sorry, but this opinion is so far from the truth! New England have spent the last fourteen years constantly adapting and changing their whole approach season to season. Belichick is the most successful coach ever because the Pats are so good at making teams think they are going to do one thing and then doing something completely different. They were in a difficult spot in this game as they had lost both Lewis and Blount to injury this year which limited how well they could run the ball but that doesn’t mean they are a one dimensional team!

As for the Superbowl I think Carolina have to be considered favourites but I would still take a great defence over a great offence in the playoffs. Ultimately, I think the Panthers offensive line decides the game. If they hold up I don’t think Denver can score enough – I just suspect they won’t. Broncos will come through to win the big one in Peyton’s last ever game. 

I should of worded it a little better I meant last night.

The pats are so one dimensional and to be honest quite dull to watch! glad they lost but I don't think it can be blamed on that one PAT it was in the 1st quarter it should be blamed on their inability to convert a 3rd down!

Fair point

But not many teams in NFL could have conjured up that ending !

Only for a Convertion Kick I'm sure the Pats would be In the super bowl

I'm glad that it's Broncos and Panthers two teams I have seen play live and be happy to see either win.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking forward to the Superbowl tomorrow, meeting at the pub at 8am for a 10.30am start. I get free piss all day for winning in my NFL fantasy league too.

Don't support either side but will be going for the Panthers, best team all year and are like us in many ways including some sort of jersey swap a few weeks ago.

Edited by SOCCERROO FOX

Looking forward to tonight, should see a Panthers win. Newton has been phenomenal all season, the wide receivers have delivered despite losing Benjamin and having no real big names in the ranks. I put my last pound in William Hill account on them to win the Superbowl before the season started at 50/1, best odds I could find yesterday were 2/5.

I see the NFL have succumbed to the PC brigade and used Arabic numerals for this superbowl, so not to offend minorities. Another example of creeping sharia.

lol

Sharia law has got nothing on the maniacal fervor and ferocity with which the NFL protects its trademark for "The Big Game."

(You're probably gonna get sued for your post, btw)

The pats are so one dimensional and to be honest quite dull to watch! glad they lost but I don't think it can be blamed on  that one PAT it was in the 1st quarter it should be blamed on their inability to convert a 3rd down!

cant blame it on the PAT you are right. we should have done better everywhere. 

Still on the panthers tonight. got them -4 tonight and thought that was a steal. 

I see the NFL have succumbed to the PC brigade and used Arabic numerals for this superbowl, so not to offend minorities. Another example of creeping sharia.

It's back to Roman Numerals next year.

Superbowl L just looks dumb so they did something different to mark the 50th.

It's back to Roman Numerals next year.

Superbowl L just looks dumb so they did something different to mark the 50th.

I know I was trying to be ironic but it didn't really work.

Going for Panthers win by 10, under 40 points overall. And hopefully a power outage during Coldplay's show.

Watching the build up and wondering if there's anything that can't be sponsored.

Now, the heart-warming story of how one boy survived the devastating automobile catastrophe that took the life of his family... and made it to the Super Bowl today.
Brought to you by Chrysler and Bud Light... drink responsibly.