Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
General Smuts

Smuts' NFL Thread

AFC West = Broncos. Yet again Payton looks a million dollars in the regular season. Disappointing start from the Chiefs mean they should wrap the division up.

Broncos fan checking in. Disagree with this as Peyton has been garbage this season and everyone knows it. Perhaps for the first time in a long while the team is winning in spite of him rather than because of him. Mainly this is due to our defense which has been godlike through four games.

Hard to look past the Pack as the best team so far.

Superbowl prediction: Broncos v Packers

Funny you should say that. I picked an 8-fold of Division winners on Saturday.

Mine were exactly the same as yours, except that I went for the Cowboys instead of the Giants. Weedon will be fine until Romo comes back. I just don't trust Eli Manning, and Beckham is the only real decent WR they've got.

As a Cowboys fan I can assure you we won't be fine. Missing our 3 stars from last year has really taken effect, losing to the Saints with a half injured Brees really highlighted our problems. Only the fact that the division is so bad could give us a chance, we won't be better than 8-8.

Broncos fan checking in. Disagree with this as Peyton has been garbage this season and everyone knows it. Perhaps for the first time in a long while the team is winning in spite of him rather than because of him. Mainly this is due to our defense which has been godlike through four games.

Hard to look past the Pack as the best team so far.

Superbowl prediction: Broncos v Packers

Don't forget the Patriots, they seem to be red hot right now. It'll be tough for Denver to take them down in the playoffs if Peyton cannot find his offensive rhythm.

Don't forget the Patriots, they seem to be red hot right now. It'll be tough for Denver to take them down in the playoffs if Peyton cannot find his offensive rhythm.

Gronk is due his annual injury at some point isn't he? They are very different team with him in. Having said that the rest of their schedule looks pretty light and they can probably get to 14-2 and a number one seed. That would make it very tough for anyone else in the AFC. 

Only other contender in the AFC at the moment is the Bengals who have a fantastic squad but Andy Dalton could play like ginger Aaron Rodgers for the rest of the season and I still wouldn't fancy them against anyone in January.

Gronk is due his annual injury at some point isn't he? They are very different team with him in. Having said that the rest of their schedule looks pretty light and they can probably get to 14-2 and a number one seed. That would make it very tough for anyone else in the AFC. 

Only other contender in the AFC at the moment is the Bengals who have a fantastic squad but Andy Dalton could play like ginger Aaron Rodgers for the rest of the season and I still wouldn't fancy them against anyone in January.

I would tend to agree with you on the Bengals and Dalton. In the NFL, you can only go as far as your QB. It's nearly impossible to win a superbowl without elite QB play. That pretty much reduces the list of annual contenders to about 7 teams with elite QBs: Denver, New England, Pittsburgh (though Big Ben is hurt), Green Bay, Seattle, New Orleans and Indy. 

It is to an extent, but these last 3 weeks have been terrible. Weeden either needs to step up or sit out.

Very much with you on Bengals, and the Falcons too how they have came from behind in 4 games.

Yeah though that means Cassel taking over with the same options to pass to. I don't think much will change until Bryant comes back as he will take some focus and pressure off Witten and the pressure around the pocket. At least their defence looks stronger with the injured players returning; not many teams can boast sacking Brady 5 times in the first half!

Definitely; I forgot about Arizona too, they look so complete and ruthless at times. Hopefully this means the playoff picture is going to look a little different this year.

Been into nfl for about 6 years now but this year has me hooked!! Patriots have looked the best to me but with Brady inquiry coming in Jan(i think) would be interesting to see if he gets banned for any playoff matches. My fave team is Tampa but I hope Falcons win this year

This weeks picks:

Houston to win @ Jacksonville 6/5

Redskins +7 @ NY Jets 10/11

Ravens to win @ SF 49ers 17/20

Settle for 2 out of 3 but wouldn't grumble at a clean sweep.