Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
General Smuts

Smuts' NFL Thread

It was an ok game. Reed and Ertz were both excellent for the respective teams.

Cousins taking a knee at the end of the half with 6s left on the clock and at 1st and goal was funny though!!

Not sure why he needed to spike it either. They'd just come out of a time out. If they were going to kick the FG why not just bring that unit on?

Rams look like they're finishing 3rd in their division, so it's between the Giants and Eagles for the Wembley game next season now. Both identical records assuming Giants lose to the Vikings on Monday morning. And then they play each other in the final game.

Edited by The Bear

Nice to see the cocky packers get a pasting.

First defeat for the panthers, had to come sooner rather than later.

Cardinals are gonna go all the way.

lol First time I've ever heard the Packers be described as "cocky." The only real cocky moment I can recall is when Rodgers did the championship belt move on the way to the Superbowl 4 years ago.

Edited by syston_fox

lol First time I've ever heard the Packers be described as "cocky." The only real cocky moment I can recall is when Rodgers did the championship belt move on the way to the Superbowl 4 years ago.

I seen packers fans in the parking lot pre game ! They are indeed a very cocky team !!!!!!!!

Infact id say bloody hooligans many of them !

Panthers back to their marauding best last night. Great 2nd quarter.

But they will choke in the play offs. They always do.

Good to see Cam Newton break another record though. Fastest shoe-lace tie by a Quarter back..

Seahawks going to the SB for 3rd year running. Win it this time I think. 

Texans might surprise a few people in the play offs on the AFC side. 

Panthers back to their marauding best last night. Great 2nd quarter.

But they will choke in the play offs. They always do.

Good to see Cam Newton break another record though. Fastest shoe-lace tie by a Quarter back..

Really depends on the matchup they run into. Since they have homefield advantage, I'd really like them against Washington or GB, but I feel like they'd struggle if they happen to play Seattle. 

As far as I know, the #1 seed (Carolina) get to play the lowest seed winner of the wildcard round. So if the Seahawks beat the vikings, they would take on Carolina because they are the #6 seed. 

It should be a good slate of games this weekend. This week is particularly interesting IMO because 3 of the 4 road teams are favored to win. 

Chiefs are 3-point favorites over the Texans.

Steelers are 2.5-point favorites over the Bengals.

The Seahawks are 5.5-point favorites over the Vikings.

The only home favorite is Washington by 1.5 over the Packers.

It wouldn't surprise me if all of the road teams won this week.

I'm dreading the game at the weekend. We've been so bad in recent weeks and it's only thanks to the lack of quality elsewhere and a blistering start that we have made it into the play offs.

Rodgers has made uncharacteristic mistakes since the bye week in week 7 and the receivers just don't know how to get open. Combine that with Lacy having a poor season and it's a miracle we've got this far! The loss to the Vikings at home has just about killed off any small hope I had.

Hope the Cardinals go on and win it if we don't. Best team we've played this season in my opinion.