Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
General Smuts

Smuts' NFL Thread

Does anyone here have Madden 16 and if so, is it worth getting?

Yeah I would say it is, the aggressive catching and the ability to catch on the move now makes it more fun attacking plus some of the catches look class. Some players are too good Beckham Jr doesn't drop the ball, if you are the giants you just get Eli into a pocket and launch it to Odell and you are 50 yards down the pitch!

It was embarrassing. Alex smith at one point had more rushing yards than the Lions had total offense.

Stafford getting sacked 12 times (I think) in 2 games is shocking.

Edited by goose2010

How was the Jaguars thing? Don't think I've seen you mention it much. Was expecting Facebook to be plastered with photos etc.

Awesome mate! Watching the training itself was pretty dull as was non contact and just a case of running plays at half pace but Fred Taylor and Greg Jones mingled with us in the stands chatting to people for about an hour.

Then when training ended, we went pitch side and the entire squad bar Bortles came over (he was stuck doing interviews with the media). All top professionals and happy to stand and chat, sign autographs and pose for pictures. After it was all done, they went off to meet some kids from a local school who had come to take part in one of these play 60 events.

Just as we were about to head off, a load of the cheerleaders came over (OH MY WORD!!!!!) and posed for pictures with us. Blake Bortles headed over as soon as he had finished the media stuff and spent some time with us. Really nice bloke and remembered some of the people who he had seen last year at the fan forums etc.

I know they have to do this kind of thing to promote the jags but they didn't make it seem like a chore at all and genuinely seemed happy to chat and spend time with us.

Awesome mate! Watching the training itself was pretty dull as was non contact and just a case of running plays at half pace but Fred Taylor and Greg Jones mingled with us in the stands chatting to people for about an hour.

Then when training ended, we went pitch side and the entire squad bar Bortles came over (he was stuck doing interviews with the media). All top professionals and happy to stand and chat, sign autographs and pose for pictures. After it was all done, they went off to meet some kids from a local school who had come to take part in one of these play 60 events.

Just as we were about to head off, a load of the cheerleaders came over (OH MY WORD!!!!!) and posed for pictures with us. Blake Bortles headed over as soon as he had finished the media stuff and spent some time with us. Really nice bloke and remembered some of the people who he had seen last year at the fan forums etc.

I know they have to do this kind of thing to promote the jags but they didn't make it seem like a chore at all and genuinely seemed happy to chat and spend time with us.

That is one of the things I love about American sports - they are brought into a culture of complete visibility. They spend all of college and high school constantly surrounded by fans (if Friday Night Lights is to be believed). So they must have to develop the sorts of personalities that are open to that level of joviality and scrutiny side by side. I've heard about so many people meeting QBs and I've never heard a bad word spoken. Apparently Andrew Luck is amazing with fans as well.

Even with it being the Jags I'm crazy jealous. Especially about the cheerleaders.

Probably wise. The Jets are like the Coventry of the NFL and you'll love Sherman and Lynch.

I read a couple of articles that compared the Jets to Chelsea which made me worry so a change was inevitable. Yeah Sherman is a nutter. Game vs Dallas on Sunday wasn't the best but still got the win.

What are the chances of two sportsman in the World being called Micah Hyde.

I must admit when I first heard his name mentioned at the Packers, I did google to make sure it wasn't the same bloke.

In other news..... Third game in a row where we've been poor.

Surely, Cam Newton must be the MVP at this point of the season. 

Has to be.

He's being sued by some Packers' fans. He took a banner off of them yesterday that said " carolina cheesmen" cost them $500. Thought it was disrespectful to be shown in the stadium. Good job he doesnt ply his trade in England...

Panthers 8-0 Yooooooooo!!!

Always thought you followed the Fins or was that just when you were starting out and hadn't picked a team yet?

Has to be.

He's being sued by some Packers' fans. He took a banner off of them yesterday that said " carolina cheesmen" cost them $500. Thought it was disrespectful to be shown in the stadium. Good job he doesnt ply his trade in England...

To be fair to Cam, a reporter put on twitter that he'd taken it into the dressing room and folded it up. Assume it will find it's way back to the fan soon enough.

Can see the Panthers going all the way this year. Battered us last night but just gotta be careful that they don't get complacent. Lost a 17 point lead last week and had to then go again and nearly blew it in one ten minute spell if we'd managed to capitalise on the interception.

• Like 1