Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
General Smuts

Smuts' NFL Thread

Played Madden 99 back on the PS1 and fell for the then crappy Patriots... Years later and they have turned into the Darth Vader of the NFL, but I still love them and Gronk is just pure genius!

Can't believe I lost my fantasy match with measly 0,52 points and my QB Romo got himself injured.... And I thought my inspired swap of Jonathan Stewart for Dion Lewis would turn out golden.... Oh well, maybe my fantasy mojo is finally running out...

How did you guys get into American football? Seems like I'm missing out on a good sport, but I have switched it on before and I haven't a clue what's going on. So how can you get interested in it?

Was kind of interested in it because of the Super Bowl. Then I joined a team in my first year at uni, there's so many senior teams about too. Obviously learning it for practical reasons I felt like I got to grips with the game so much quicker.

I fell in love with them during the 2011 season, that magical run to being super bowl champions, 3 seasons of disappointment since -_- This season has just been horrific so far, we play so well, then just screw it all up with silly mistakes that could easily be avoided

You could always support the green half of New York ;)

I enjoy the game, as ridiculous as all the NFL bullshit is. It fascinates me as much for the weird sociocultural hold it has over the American psyche as for the intricacies of a 46 defence or West Coast offense.

Having said that I find cheering a particular team a bit odd, with all due respect to those on here who follow their franchises with obvious passion.

Edited by bovril

3-0 for the Packers now and barely had to break a sweat to beat the Chiefs last night. I feared the worst at the start of the season as Nelson was ruled out and then Cobb looked to be struggling injury wise but with Rodgers throwing the football like he has been, he can make even average receivers look like hall of famers. Lacy and Starks are both playing really well and the defence has been pretty impressive too so far. It's all set up nicely for us to lose in the play offs again!

With week 4 complete and pretty much every team 1/4 of the way through the season lets have some predictions as to who is going to win each division from what we have seen so far. Here is mine:

AFC East = Patriots. Look the best team in the NFL right now, offence almost unstoppable.

AFC North = Bengals. Dalton having a great season, and with the injury to Big Ben hampering the Steelers can see them locking in the division.

AFC South = Colts. Haven't looked the team of last year, but in such a weak division an 8-8 will be enough.

AFC West = Broncos. Yet again Payton looks a million dollars in the regular season. Disappointing start from the Chiefs mean they should wrap the division up.

NFC East = Giants. Should really be 4-0 having 2 painful defeats. Cowboys injuries have killed them and the Eagles still look they need time to gel to the changes.

NFC North = Packers. Can easily see them going 8-0 at Lambo. Even with their injuries they look the best team in the NFC.

NFC South = Falcons. Having looked at their schedule, Falcons having a very nice first 1/2 of the season. Will all come down to their games against the Panthers.

NFC West = Cardinals. Having watched the Seahawks last night, their offence really struggled. Although the Cards lost this weekend, can see them stealing the division.

Superbowl Pats v Packers.

Funny you should say that. I picked an 8-fold of Division winners on Saturday.

Mine were exactly the same as yours, except that I went for the Cowboys instead of the Giants. Weedon will be fine until Romo comes back. I just don't trust Eli Manning, and Beckham is the only real decent WR they've got.

P.S. What an amazing defensjve play by Chancellor at the end of the Seahawks game last night to stop Megatron scoring. That's probably saved their season!

I'm still salty about that loss. While it was an amazing defensive play, only my Lions could snatch defeat out of the jaws of victory there.