Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Walshy5

So we,re not as good as we think we are!

I was speaking to someone today who went to cardiff last night and he reckons cardiff outclassed us in every department. If this is right then it just goes to show dispite what some people may think we,re not the best team in the division afterall. We might look a class above against average teams but as soon as we come up againist a better side we struggle, and it looks like we have a long way to go to be able to compete with the likes of Cardiff, QPR, Swansea and as much as it pains me to say maybe Forest aswell :ph34r:

This point of view smacks a bit of reading too much into the defeat, just like a lot of people thought we were world beaters for thrashing Donny & playing like Barca for 45mins against one of the worst teams I've seen (Derby in the 1st 45)

We weren't at the races last night, too many people weren't on form, in fact no one was.

Forest & QPR are the two best teams in the div & Cardiff aren't to far away with Swansea probably also above us, but with hard work, enterprise & effort (all lacking last night) we can give them a game & beat everyone else in the div.

It's not the defeat that counts, its how you react to it.

I was speaking to someone today who went to cardiff last night and he reckons cardiff outclassed us in every department. If this is right then it just goes to show dispite what some people may think we,re not the best team in the division afterall. We might look a class above against average teams but as soon as we come up againist a better side we struggle, and it looks like we have a long way to go to be able to compete with the likes of Cardiff, QPR, Swansea and as much as it pains me to say maybe Forest aswell :ph34r:

thats like saying blackpool are better team than tottenham because they beat them last night..

wasnt our usual starting 11 last night.. bruma in an unusual role.. tired players.. off day even..

cant judge a team by just 1 result imo.. on the night maybe( i didnt go so dont know how we actually played, better teams on the night have still lost before) we wasnt the best team but that dont mean were not as good as them or others full stop..

I just think we find it hard to play away from walkers, and will only win away games against average teams. Tbf we beat swansea, cardiff and forest at home and we were much better then them, but.away from home it was the opposite. I do expect us to beat norwich and cov, will probably lose to qpr, as it is away from home, but who knows? Maybe we can win all 3!

Stupid threat, we've beaten; Cardiff, Swansea, Leeds, and Forest. All we have to do now is beat both QPR and Norwich and we've beaten all of the top 6 at least once, last night wasn't our night that's all. And you shouldn't make a thread about this when you weren't actually at the game :/ just saying.

Sven took a chance with Bruma in midfield and it was not as good as, I think, we all hoped. The pitch was bad and probably made things worse.

The final bit is that we had six corners and 11 shots on and off target. If a few shots had gone in instead I wonder what people had thought then......

Teams have off days. Even the best teams, just look at chelsea this season! Just because weve lost this match it doesnt mean anything.We're still the form team in the division and we'll still make the playoffs. Did people really think we'd go the rest of the season unbeaten??? wasnt gunna happen.Cardiff are a strong team but if we played them again tomorrow it wouldnt surprise me if we beat them.Thats how close the top 12 or so teams are in this division.

If we lose our next 2 games then yes maybe we were punching above our weight but dont let one defeat in 6 or 15 points out of 18 curb your enthusiasm, lets get behind the team and do our part to make this a special season!! :scarf:

Stupid threat, . And you shouldn't make a thread about this when you weren't actually at the game :/ just saying.

OMG WE LOST OUR FIRST GAME OF 2011 IN FEBRUARY! WE'RE GUNNA GET RELEGATED! :frusty:

why do people feel the need to ridicule most threads nowdays..

the guy wanted to talk about something.. nothng wrong with that..

whats the point of having a forum if your not allowed to post threads..

lately too many people just jumping in with /close theread.. stuupid thread.. silly emotions :frusty: etc..

Cardiff are alot stronger than us there strikeforce is class, all of them chase the ball down not like the yak who just stands there waiting for a burger thats why there such a threat all of them want the ball. Leicester are going along well at the min and if you said we would of only lost one up to now this year i'd of been well happy, think it will be playoffs now at best and i do think we have along way to go if we want to be like QPR even when they play crap they draw and thats what we dont do.

Hopefully we'll get 3points on sat and away we go again!

We weren't that bad! We just lacked spark! They were up for it we weren't no need to be so hard on our selves! It wasn't that bad of a performance we were ok!

Exactly, look at the Cardiff boards all saying they were lucky to go in at half time infront.

We just weren't clinical enough.

The Cov ****** will suffer the backlash on Saturday, pity they'll only be about a thousand of them to witness a footballing masterclass!

This point of view smacks a bit of reading too much into the defeat, just like a lot of people thought we were world beaters for thrashing Donny & playing like Barca for 45mins against one of the worst teams I've seen (Derby in the 1st 45)

We weren't at the races last night, too many people weren't on form, in fact no one was.

Forest & QPR are the two best teams in the div & Cardiff aren't to far away with Swansea probably also above us, but with hard work, enterprise & effort (all lacking last night) we can give them a game & beat everyone else in the div.

It's not the defeat that counts, its how you react to it.

The team that couldn't beat Preston (division3) last night.

To say that we are not as good as we think we are depends on how much you overhyped us in the first place. We have had threads that say we are a good Prem team now etc. which were way over the top. If you believe however we are now one of the best teams in the Championship then I would agree. We are still weak in the midfield area and rely too much on Wellens having a great game to control the midfield. We are still short of genuine wingers in the team with only really Dyer as a genuine winger.

We can cope with that in this division but if we were to go up we would have to strengthen considerably to compete as I still feel that Wellens does not have the ability to control games at the highest level and Dyer is too inconsistent. I think it will be a summer of a lot of transfer activity. It will be better to judge us at the start of next season as to how good a team we are when Sven has had a full pre season to get his team together (hopefully not more loans but some permenant signings).

I've never used the words "us" and "best team in the league" once, but writing us off based on one match is complete nonsense, as was much of the fuss about us being amazing.

You even contradicted yourself and voided your whole post by saying based on yesterday we can't compete with forest and yet they have lost to Scunthorpe and drawn against Preston in two of their last 3 games.

At times we have played some brilliant stuff well worthy of the premier league but without consistency it means nothing.

Hate these OTT reactions, we lost 1 game, against a top team in this division. Still top of the form table too.

The way I see last night:

Cardiff away is difficult. I was hoping for a draw so 1 pt lost.

Expected Forest to beat BOTTOM placed Preston at home - 2 pts lost for Forest

Expected Norwich to beat depleated Doncaster - 2 pts lost for Norwich

Expected Leeds to beat Barnsley at home - 2pts lost for Leeds

In all seriousness it ended up being an ok time to lose (it was always going to come at some point). Means the autos look a long way off but people thinking we had a good chance of second we're being optimistic in the extreme. Anyone can beat anyone in this league, we didn't get beat by anyone, we got beat by the 3rd (arguable) best team in the division, away.

It's a marathon not a sprint! We shared the honors with Cardiff and won one each. We beat Forest, Swansea and Leeds also. Think we just had an off night with maybe some tiredness built in. Bottom line is we're exactly where we need to be at least in the sense of still having hope of going up. I think we are as good as we think we are and will still make the play offs. It's a minor set back that's all. Let's see where we are at the end of the season and then we can decide on how good we really are.

Most on here never thought we were the best team in the division, the general concensus of opinion was that going forward we are impressive yet still vulnerable defensively.

And against these better sides, we've taken three points from Cardiff, three from Swansea, four from Leeds and at least three from Forest. That's not a terrible record.

I think we needed to lose that game, we were getting way too complacent and perhaps tuesday was a kick up the arse and we'll come back fighting! No shame in being beaten by Cardiff (as painful as it is to say) but on our day we could beat them, we were just unlucky.

Also me thinks this is to stop Sven getting the dreaded "Manager of the month" next!!!

Archived