Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guy

Silver Foxes Membership - will it be justified??

Today I became a 'Silver Fox' again, just like I was last for the memorable 2014-15 Prem. season under Pearson....while having just been a 'basic' Foxes member last season.....something which made getting even just one home ticket (particularly towards the end of last season), difficult....so I felt I had no choice this time but to re-upgrade to Silver.  

Today it cost me £70 for the privilege though, whereas it was a more reasonable £40 two years ago to be a Silver - something which turned out to be money wasted due to the general nature of most of our 'doomed looking' first season back in the Prem., when demand for tickets still wasn't particularly high -  unlike it has since become of course, right now!  I now obviously hope this isn't a repeat case of £70 down the drain this time instead though as the clerk on the phone said only 500 tickets will be passed over to the members (Gold, Silver and Basic) per se at each game this coming season following the season ticket sales this season - then obviously after special guests, VIPs and so on....fingers and all else crossed I guess! Failing all else I was assured I have a superior Silver Foxes' goody bag to look forward to compared to two years ago! :-\

Yes, that's the dilemma I was facing this week. Because of where I live these days then I haven't been a STH since 2004 now so membership is the only logical thing really re standing any chance to see home games now after last season's exploits.

I just about got away with my basic £20 Foxes membership last season (probably as it was unbeknown to most that we would end up winning the league for a good half of the season or more of course!) and I got up for about six home games in total (although the final one was in Swansea away end!), so this was bloody good value in overall terms but I remain unsure whether or not it will be £70 well spent this time - as opposed to just £20 last season. Will see........    

11 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Justified? 

You pay to TRY to get a ticket the system has always been that way. You need to be on the ball though as and when tickets go on sale. Sounds harsh but it's true.

True but paying £70 up front to 'try' and get a ticket (with my having been to games over the years regularly since 1992 over the seasons) is very steep IMO! I suppose the harsh reality of the matter is that success will only cause this sort of thing to escalate!

5 minutes ago, Guy said:

True but paying £70 up front to 'try' and get a ticket (with my having been to games over the years regularly since 1992 over the seasons) is very steep IMO! I suppose the harsh reality of the matter is that success will only cause this sort of thing to escalate!

Think of it this way, if you get to the same amount of games as last season you are paying an extra tenner on every ticket. Up to you if you think that's worth it.

Unfortunately this is the price we pay for success, i had one last year and renewed it this year, as long as you ring up on the day tickets are released there normally isnt a problem and i also got my wembley ticket.  If i didn't have the memebership i would have had no chance so well worth it in my opinion.

:schmike:

You get more for your £70, a wallet and key ring and a badge, even a cheap wallet is a tenner, if it is a decent wallet then that is £20-£30 but not even seeing a picture of the wallet makes it hard to judge. 

Last season all home games went to silver except Everton, it is not 500 tickets for silver it is 500 guaranteed. Most games there will be a lot more than that available. Most members will be like me, long term fans that don't live in Leicester so can only go to a few games, or new fans that will soon lose interest when we aren't winning every week.

Arsenal will be a good test, if you can get tickets for the first home game of the season against one of the big boys, although on Sky then it will give you a good idea of how difficult it will be to get tickets.

Champions league tickets will be interesting midweek is not always convenient for everyone, what are the CL rules on away allocations? Do we need a larger away allocation? Not all season ticket holders and gold members will necessarily buy tickets, but a lot will, so it will be difficult. 

Pretty sure there is a certain amount of tickets reserved for the each level of membership, so if you're ready to get them sharpish when they go on sale for Silver you should be alright for most PL Games. Not sure about Champions League though.

I was Silver last year, and got to quite a lot of home games with it, but decided to upgrade to Gold.

Anyone know the Charity shield ticket release dates for city fox members??? I play rugby so wont be going to enough games to justify buying a gold/silver membership but want to go to this game as its pre season. Any help really appreciated.

18 hours ago, Great Boos Up said:

I got a Crystal Palace ticket with my silver last year. Looking back you couldn't put a real price on any ticket for that season. After that it all got bit silly.

What the bloody hell were you doing for every other game apart from Everton lol

3 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

What the bloody hell were you doing for every other game apart from Everton lol

I said after the Palace game tickets got much harder to get until it almost got impossible.

lol Silver and only went to Everton would be funnier though

4 minutes ago, Great Boos Up said:

I said after the Palace game tickets got much harder to get until it almost got impossible.

lol Silver and only went to Everton would be funnier though

Silver was fine up until Everton as long as you were prepared to sit up and midnight to get them as soon as they were made available, which clearly a lot of people were! 

3 hours ago, Izzy muzzit said:

Anyone know the Charity shield ticket release dates for city fox members??? I play rugby so wont be going to enough games to justify buying a gold/silver membership but want to go to this game as its pre season. Any help really appreciated.

it was Monday 25th July unless your buying a membership today then its today depending on when see tickets updates the new memberships numbers

One of my family who unfortunately works every Saturday bought a Silver membership first thing this morning.

Checked again two minutes ago, SeeTickets / City not yet updated system, so can't buy a Wembley ticket today. Very frustrating to say the least. To be fair to City, his membership details on LCFC Direct were updated immediately to Silver Member status so we presume it's See's admin that's not yet updated. 

2 minutes ago, BoyJones said:

One of my family who unfortunately works every Saturday bought a Silver membership first thing this morning.

Checked again two minutes ago, SeeTickets / City not yet updated system, so can't buy a Wembley ticket today. Very frustrating to say the least. To be fair to City, his membership details on LCFC Direct were updated immediately to Silver Member status so we presume it's See's admin that's not yet updated. 

Maybe they've gone home now it's the end of the working day

8 hours ago, DB11 said:

He bought a membership so was issued a membership number?

Yes lol 

i bought a silver membership yesterday too, had email confirmation too but haven't had anything about a membership number? Unless there's somewhere online that shows this that I'm missing? 

Archived