Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxInTheBirstallBox

Support us when we are good, Support us when we are bad

A wise old manager once said "form is temporary, class is permanent"

We are having a bad run of form for **** sake, anyone on this forum would have licked claudios bum hole clean after a runny poo last season they loved him that much now a LOT of people are saying he is clueless and should be sacked and get pearson in who only just kept us up!?

Yesterday we played the best football in the league for a few weeks and it's looking positive, the players played better, we are 7 points from 6th place which anyone would have taken at the start of the season and is still well within our grasp.

There is still over half the season left with players to come back from injury/suspension and in Jan we are getting new players in

CALM THE DUCK DOWN EVERYONE!!!!

It's like comical Ali from the gulf war.  "calm down, we are not playing shit football, nor have we been doing so all season. Leicester city are champions of England and we will crush the other worthless teams beneath our Nike predators. All is good, you must not question the great one, etc." 

"We are having a bad run of form" ... Why do I keep seeing this? 3 wins in 14 games is worse than a 'bad run of form' and both our results and performances back that up. We are playing bad football, the players don't look interested, we don't create chances, we can't defend simple set pieces and Ranieri - yes. forever a legend - is showing no signs of being able to turn this around.

Life's great when you're at the top and nothing goes wrong like last season. But it's when there is a problem it's how you react and at the minute Ranieri doesn't even look like he knows what to do. It's the same rubbish every week. Man when we were bottom of the league under Pearson, the players showed more fight. 

Just because he's won the league doesn't mean he's invincible in any way. Mourinho won back to back titles at Chelsea but after a poor start to the following season he was sacked. We haven't pushed on in any way at all and have recently taken one point (and didn't deserve that either) having played Middlesbrough, West Brom, Watford and Sunderland. Please enlighten me as to where our next win is coming from because I can't see it?

"We are 7 points from 6th place" lol Yeah, we're now just two points above Sunderland too. Somebody should tell Sunderland they should going for top 6!!!

5 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

"We are having a bad run of form" ... Why do I keep seeing this? 3 wins in 14 games is worse than a 'bad run of form' and both our results and performances back that up. We are playing bad football, the players don't look interested, we don't create chances, we can't defend simple set pieces and Ranieri - yes. forever a legend - is showing no signs of being able to turn this around.

Life's great when you're at the top and nothing goes wrong like last season. But it's when there is a problem it's how you react and at the minute Ranieri doesn't even look like he knows what to do. It's the same rubbish every week. Man when we were bottom of the league under Pearson, the players showed more fight. 

Just because he's won the league doesn't mean he's invincible in any way. Mourinho won back to back titles at Chelsea but after a poor start to the following season he was sacked. We haven't pushed on in any way at all and have recently taken one point (and didn't deserve that either) having played Middlesbrough, West Brom, Watford and Sunderland. Please enlighten me as to where our next win is coming from because I can't see it?

"We are 7 points from 6th place" lol Yeah, we're now just two points above Sunderland too. Somebody should tell Sunderland they should going for top 6!!!

I never said we are gong for top 6, all I was making the point in saying was that with 3 results we could be anywhere around 6th-10th, and who wouldn't have taken that at the start of the season? 

When we were winning every week last season everyone was saying goes we are in exellent form, so is that how it works? When it's going well we are in good form but when it's bad it's clueless shit managers and they need to be sacked?

I imagine that less than 1% of fans on the forum have suggested that Ranieri should go and they really are a noisy minority...

Are they worth listening to? No

Are they utterly clueless? Yes

I'm in your camp...  things will turn around...  I'm sure

thanks for writing so vividly about Ranieri's bum hole... conjured up some beautiful images for a Sunday morning 

Just now, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

I never said we are gong for top 6, all I was making the point in saying was that with 3 results we could be anywhere around 6th-10th, and who wouldn't have taken that at the start of the season? 

When we were winning every week last season everyone was saying goes we are in exellent form, so is that how it works? When it's going well we are in good form but when it's bad it's clueless shit managers and they need to be sacked?

And my point is where are these three wins coming from? We've got four tough games coming up, starting with Manchester City. We took one point from West Brom, Watford, Middlesbrough and Sunderland. One point (and didn't deserve that)! On paper you'd look at those games and at least want 6 points. 

Ranieri is showing little signs of getting us out of this mess. When we were bottom under Pearson at least we create chances, worked hard and were unlucky in some games. This season we offer absolutely nothing. We watch the same 11 under perform each week, they don't even look like they care, yet next week they'll all get picked again. Sacking the manager isn't the option IMO but something really needs to change.

But I don't understand why certain people are surprised to see the sack get mentioned. We're pathetic. As I said before, nobody is invincible. Backed up by the fact that Mourinho got sacked after winning Chelsea the league on two separate occasions. Now I know ambitions are different but it's the same principle (having delivered Chelsea their first league title in 50 years).

6 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

I imagine that less than 1% of fans on the forum have suggested that Ranieri should go and they really are a noisy minority...

thanks for writing so vividly about Ranieri's bum hole... conjured up some beautiful images for a Sunday morning 

Why are they clueless? Everybody has opinions. Is it because they don't agree with you?

And why will "things turn around"? Because we're Champions? Because we're "too good too go down"? We are rubbish and have been producing the same rubbish every week since the start of the season.... I have seen nothing to suggest things will turn around and we should all be worried... A few weeks back Sunderland were rock bottom, this week they've beaten us and are now two points behind us.

8 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

I think you are living in cloud cuckoo land. Just looking at the front page of this forum shows probably a 50/50 split about ranieri at best. 

Why are you "sure"  things will turn around? There is absolutely zero sign of it at the moment. There's a slim chance that the return of Drinkwater &  Schmeichel and the second coming of Mendy may suddenly spark life into an ailing team, but it is only a slim chance and certainly nothing to be "sure" about. 

3 minutes ago, carled said:

I think you are living in cloud cuckoo land. Just looking at the front page of this forum shows probably a 50/50 split about ranieri at best. 

Why are you "sure"  things will turn around? There is absolutely zero sign of it at the moment. There's a slim chance that the return of Drinkwater &  Schmeichel and the second coming of Mendy may suddenly spark life into an ailing team, but it is only a slim chance and certainly nothing to be "sure" about. 

But out of those who go down to every home game how many of those are on FT.

Other than on here, Bentleys and a couple of hot heads on the radio, I've not heard one person say he should go.

We are the vocal minority.

Is all the bad form and league 1 standard performances a ploy to keep other teams away from poaching our best players in the January transfer window?.........no i didn't think so either. Not many straws left to clutch and we can still drop another place before "week" 14 is over .

Can't remember ever being so down about the City, even when we dropped to the third tier my level of expectation was something of a cushion. When asked who I support last season I would thrust out my chest and say very loudly "LEICESTER CITY".....now I say sorry m8 i'M A BIT DEAF

Wer'e a shower of shit can't pass to a blue shirt, hoof the puckin balls into ****in channels like a League 2 team Huth Simpson look terrified when they have the ball and their first thought is to pass it to the keeper who hoofs the ball to a 5ft midget Okazaki, add to that a manager who plays 4 4 ****in 2 every week expecting a different performance.

Build him a statue and send him on his way don't trust Claudio with a chequebook in January P.S Top bloke though and a Legend.

For me I've always suffered in that Leicester were the kind of club who would get close to achieving something but would nearly always fall short. 

Regardless of what happens in the rest of this season they seem to have upped their game in taking us to top of the biggest mountain in the land and after taking a few selfies instead of clambering  safely down to the next lowest base camp they just threw themselves off and now we're all looking for a precipice to cling onto.

I've never understood why 'support' has to mean you can't discuss your concerns, team selections, players etc. This is a football forum. It seems OK one week to knock and ridicule single players, starting threads on them (see Schlupp, Morgan et al) but not ok to say the team is in free fall and suggest what we can do about it. On a football forum?

The former seems perfectly acceptable, the latter is seen by some as 'disgusting'.

For all the years I've been on FT this has been most apparent. Starting with Sven, Beckford, then through Pearson and Cambiclasso. The merest hint of what is seen as criticism gets pounced on.

'Disloyal' is the cry...'lynch him', 'lynch him'.

Why? Why is in fine to slag off some players, yet not others? Is that not being 'disloyal'?

And why is there even any point having a discursive football forum if you can't discuss for fear of retribution if you don't side with the masses?

I've never got it. I guess the answer is people.

Something that will please FT is with a poor season all the glory supporters will leave. 

The real fans will always be here but there is a difference between not supporting the team and criticising. We are a quarter of the way through the season and we have been dreadful, as a fan your are entitled to voice that frustration. It has nothing to do with not supporting the team though. 

1 hour ago, carled said:

It's like comical Ali from the gulf war.  "calm down, we are not playing shit football, nor have we been doing so all season. Leicester city are champions of England and we will crush the other worthless teams beneath our Nike predators. All is good, you must not question the great one, etc." 

The Gulf War was the first one.

1 hour ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

We are having a bad run of form for **** sake, anyone on this forum would have licked claudios bum hole clean after a runny poo last season they loved him that much now a LOT of people are saying he is clueless and should be sacked and get pearson in who only just kept us up!?

Yesterday we played the best football in the league for a few weeks and it's looking positive, the players played better, we are 7 points from 6th place which anyone would have taken at the start of the season and is still well within our grasp.

There is still over half the season left with players to come back from injury/suspension and in Jan we are getting new players in

What a load of bollox. Support doesnt mean just stick your head up your arse and clap anything the club does, some of us really love this great club and support it so much we will raise our concerns when such glaring mistakes have and are being made. We have just taken 1 undeserved point from 4 games we really should have been looking at 6-10 points from, that  concerns me that we really are in trouble. Lets not forget that while better, we were still very poor with Kasper and Drinky, and people seem to be pinning alot on the return of Mendy. It will take him a while to get upto speed, and barring in mind we havent really seen him, and the success rate of Claudios signings in the last THREE transfer windows, we may be nieve to pin such high hopes on Mendy, or indeed anyone coming in Jan. The first thing we need to do is abandon 442, this was clear after the Liverpool, Chelsea and Man Utd results, the fact we have continued like this is unforgivable really and there are no signs he will change it or has any clue what he is doing. There are so many things wrong, we have a league 1 central midfield despite spending £70m, an aging defence with no real back up, signed a keeped no better than Hamer, signed Musa and have no idea where he is effective, a striker for huge money that to be honest looks bang average at best, despite a few goals, too many wingers, players that apparently are not ready, yet Amarty and King somehow are, the fact that we have highly paid professional players incapable of passing a football or keeping position and simply just kick and chase like a poor sunday team, the list is endless and embarassing. We are a laughing stock and to be honest, it hurts.

1 hour ago, chris_lcfc_85 said:

I'll criticise on current form as I'm not seeing enough but I'll also be down there week in week out supporting my club. I don't ever boo at games but I just want to see improvements 

That is exactly how I feel mate well said! 

1 hour ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

Totally agree with the title of this thread. Opinions are different but the level of support should never change. Through thick and thin!!

5 minutes ago, the-blue-wildabeast said:

What a load of bollox. Support doesnt mean just stick your head up your arse and clap anything the club does, some of us really love this great club and support it so much we will raise our concerns when such glaring mistakes have and are being made. We have just taken 1 undeserved point from 4 games we really should have been looking at 6-10 points from, that  concerns me that we really are in trouble. Lets not forget that while better, we were still very poor with Kasper and Drinky, and people seem to be pinning alot on the return of Mendy. It will take him a while to get upto speed, and barring in mind we havent really seen him, and the success rate of Claudios signings in the last THREE transfer windows, we may be nieve to pin such high hopes on Mendy, or indeed anyone coming in Jan. The first thing we need to do is abandon 442, this was clear after the Liverpool, Chelsea and Man Utd results, the fact we have continued like this is unforgivable really and there are no signs he will change it or has any clue what he is doing. There are so many things wrong, we have a league 1 central midfield despite spending £70m, an aging defence with no real back up, signed a keeped no better than Hamer, signed Musa and have no idea where he is effective, a striker for huge money that to be honest looks bang average at best, despite a few goals, too many wingers, players that apparently are not ready, yet Amarty and King somehow are, the fact that we have highly paid professional players incapable of passing a football or keeping position and simply just kick and chase like a poor sunday team, the list is endless and embarassing. We are a laughing stock and to be honest, it hurts.

Spot on and for Proffesional players not being able to pass a ball 4 yards to a teammate is ridiculous they should be embarrased.

Archived