Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finchy

Festival Thread

Just got tickets to Groovin the Moo, line up is ok for a cheapish festival. Always a cracking day out and a solid regional festival.

ALISON WONDERLAND

ALPINE

THE AMITY AFFLICTION

THE BRONX

DZ DEATHRAYS (DJ SET)

EXAMPLE

FLUME

FRIGHTENED RABBIT

HUNGRY KIDS OF HUNGARY

THE KOOKS

LAST DINOSAURS

MATT AND KIM

MIDNIGHT JUGGERNAUTS

PEZ

REGURGITATOR

SETH SENTRY

SHOCKONE

TAME IMPALA

TEGAN AND SARA

THE TEMPER TRAP

THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS

TUKA WITH ELLESQUIRE

URTHBOY

DJ WOODY'S BIG PHAT 90'S MIXTAPE

YACHT

YOLANDA BE COOL

yeh, saw that the other day. Now probably going to go again aha it was amazing last year. I can reccomend staying in Zagreb for a couple days before hand, was going to go venice but was told there isn't a whole lot to do around there by a few people. Met a whole bunch of people going Outlook in the hostel at Zagreb and ended up going out a few times which was pretty good. Went to a bar at one point that was pretty empty but the barman was sound and played some sick music. Must have stayed about 3 hours there drinking and ****ing about with the barman. Teaching us martial arts and messing around with his stash of pretty offensive weapons from behind the bar lol. Only charged us about a tenner at the end of the night aswell.

Ah that could be an idea as well! How much were flights and where from etc.? Also how much money did you take? I've heard if you go out of the campsite to some of the beach bars it's cheap as chips for beers and food?

Just got tickets to Groovin the Moo, line up is ok for a cheapish festival. Always a cracking day out and a solid regional festival.

ALISON WONDERLAND

ALPINE

THE AMITY AFFLICTION

THE BRONX

DZ DEATHRAYS (DJ SET)

EXAMPLE

FLUME

FRIGHTENED RABBIT

HUNGRY KIDS OF HUNGARY

THE KOOKS

LAST DINOSAURS

MATT AND KIM

MIDNIGHT JUGGERNAUTS

PEZ

REGURGITATOR

SETH SENTRY

SHOCKONE

TAME IMPALA

TEGAN AND SARA

THE TEMPER TRAP

THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS

TUKA WITH ELLESQUIRE

URTHBOY

DJ WOODY'S BIG PHAT 90'S MIXTAPE

YACHT

YOLANDA BE COOL

Love a bit of Malcolm in the Middle.

Nice line up that. Make sure you see Tame Impala.

Ah that could be an idea as well! How much were flights and where from etc.? Also how much money did you take? I've heard if you go out of the campsite to some of the beach bars it's cheap as chips for beers and food?

Can't quite remember how much our flights were. I do remember they werent too bad but people were getting them for peanuts,. Flew from Stansted with German wings. Had to stop on the way to drop and pick up passengers. Only went into Pula once but it was pretty cheap, Definitley favourable to buying drink from the festival shop aha. Reckon I probably spent between 300-400 whilst over there including the week in Zagreb.

Edited by samlcfc

Love a bit of Malcolm in the Middle.

Nice line up that. Make sure you see Tame Impala.

For $100 a ticket it's not bad especially for a rural festival.

Seen them twice before, really woeful live act. No energy and just plain boring to be honest.

• 2 weeks later...

Can't quite remember how much our flights were. I do remember they werent too bad but people were getting them for peanuts,. Flew from Stansted with German wings. Had to stop on the way to drop and pick up passengers. Only went into Pula once but it was pretty cheap, Definitley favourable to buying drink from the festival shop aha. Reckon I probably spent between 300-400 whilst over there including the week in Zagreb.

That sounds very decent! In two minds currently though whether to wait it out to find some potentially cheaper flights, or just get them soon so I don't have to panic nearer the time!

ALISON WONDERLAND

ALPINE

THE AMITY AFFLICTION

THE BRONX

DZ DEATHRAYS (DJ SET)

EXAMPLE

FLUME

FRIGHTENED RABBIT

HUNGRY KIDS OF HUNGARY

THE KOOKS

LAST DINOSAURS

MATT AND KIM

MIDNIGHT JUGGERNAUTS

PEZ

REGURGITATOR

SETH SENTRY

SHOCKONE

TAME IMPALA

TEGAN AND SARA

THE TEMPER TRAP

THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS

TUKA WITH ELLESQUIRE

URTHBOY

DJ WOODY'S BIG PHAT 90'S MIXTAPE - Excellent A/V Set! Worth a look if your about.

YACHT

YOLANDA BE COOL

Anyone ever done the isle of white festival? just wondered how much of a ball ache it is with the ferries etc. The line up isnt too bad this year so we are tempted to give it a go. If anyone has been and has any advice let me know. Is it easier to park on the mainland and go as a foot passenger and how do you get to the festival if you do that? i take it there are buses etc.

I went in 2011. We got a coach through the link on the festival website so it just went all the way there, on the ferry etc. Apparently that's the easiest way to do it. Not sure what you do if you go by car, but I'm pretty sure you can park up on the mainland in whichever ferry port you go to then hop on a ferry and yeah there's buses from the other side to the campsites.

Pretty sure you've said somewhere on here you usually go Leeds? When we went it was just to do something different to Leeds haha. It's a bit calmer depending on where you camp I'd say, we're usually Yellow in Leeds though. The big difference was genuinely the weather though, was so hot for 4 of the 5 days, makes a difference to the fúcking sludge and rain at Leeds :D.

Who's headlining IOW this year?

I went in 2011. We got a coach through the link on the festival website so it just went all the way there, on the ferry etc. Apparently that's the easiest way to do it. Not sure what you do if you go by car, but I'm pretty sure you can park up on the mainland in whichever ferry port you go to then hop on a ferry and yeah there's buses from the other side to the campsites.

Pretty sure you've said somewhere on here you usually go Leeds? When we went it was just to do something different to Leeds haha. It's a bit calmer depending on where you camp I'd say, we're usually Yellow in Leeds though. The big difference was genuinely the weather though, was so hot for 4 of the 5 days, makes a difference to the fúcking sludge and rain at Leeds :D.

Who's headlining IOW this year?

Nice one i will have a look on the website

yeah we usually go leeds but the headliners dont really appeal this year. Haha well last year was a massive wash out at IOW so hoping for a decent few days weather wise. Line up at IOW is not too bad, Stone roses, The Killers and Bon Jovi Headlining the main stage, The likes of Example and Blondie headlining other stages. Some decent bands playing as well.

First Acts Of Leicestershires Strawberry Fields Festival 2013 Announced, The second announcement coming soon.

post-8263-0-94707700-1361197995_thumb.jp

http://www.strawberr...festival.co.uk/

https://www.facebook...festival.co.uk/

With no summer sundae this year I can't help but think that they've missed a great opportunity.

Edit: sorry didn't see there was a second announcement.

Edited by Rocket-Ron

• 2 weeks later...