Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DANGEROUS TIGER

Did Pearson Get It Wrong?

I think there's a part blame towards Pearson and also from the players.

Some of the players haven't looked up to it as much lately and been a few key errors.

Pearson- some player selections have been questionable but also tactics in recent weeks. I prefer seeing us play 4-4-2/4-4-1-1. We look a lot more balanced and are very direct when attacking which suits our players, I don't agree with Ulloa playing so deep, we we're 1-0 down last week with 5 mins to go and Ulloa was in our RB position (happened few times in recent weeks) plus he needs support when up front, Ulloa is a target man who can score and hold up play, having wingers not supporting doesn't suit us.

Have we changed tactics/formation to try and play against our opposition or have we been found out by opponents and now trying to find a new formulae?

Playing same tactics and formations each week in championship worked for us cause we were always the stronger team, now were the weaker team opponents can cancel us out easier and stop us from playing our game

I actually believe that Pearson has made mistakes, like other managers, but he is new to this league, and will be on a learning curve throughout this season, just like the players.

I expect us to have to fight for survival, but if we can avoid the drop, we will have achieved a great deal. That will set us up for a much better time the following season. This is the way we have to look at things, and attempt to forgive the manager and players, as we move further into this season. It is very easy for us to slag people off for getting things wrong, and sometimes we will be justified in doing so, but we need to be realistic about our abilities, and also the lack of them.

If we can learn, and stay up, this season will have been successful.

No, he didn't get it wrong.

Looked like a 4-5-1, but with Albrighton and Schlupp it isolated Ulloa definitely, but Albrighton got in a few crosses, played well and looked the part, could be useful in a 4-4-2.

Schlupp was just out of the game because Newcastle came down the right side way too often for Konch / Schlupp to do anything of worth, that needs to change in the future.

We invited Newcastle on a little too much, gave them too much room and a little too much gratitude to be honest, think Pearson noticed this which is when we started to press harder and push them back around the 55/60 minute mark. When Vardy / Nugent came on it changed for the better IMO. Nugent looked great (Don't know why that hate thread exists, Nugent outplayed Cambiasso in just 10 minutes,) sound passes, brilliant runs and could have had a few decent opportunities lined up for Vardy, others. The more we pressed, the better we looked. At the moment Newcastle bagged their counter attack goal, we were in control, and we looked more likely to get a winner. So acknowledge Pearson's complete plan before knocking the team down over what was a poor defensive display, but a pretty sound attacking movement display from the likes of Albrighton, Nugent, and James. I thought we looked fantastic leading up to Newcastle's goal, shame, but it happens.

On a side note, i'm glad Pearson dropped Hammond, because Matty James was 100% the best player on the pitch in a Leicester shirt yesterday, he played his socks off and really should have scored a goal as well. Top player.

Yes he sure did.

Played 4 5 1 away at a poor Newcastle Ulloa isolated up front. He tried to change it second half by then though too late.

Playing a team low on confidence who haven't won all season and we just didn't turn up or even try to attack them. Two shots on target all game James Tap back to their keeper and Drinkwater's shot second half.

To me Schlupp look frightened again to cross the halfway line is this instructions from the management? I don't know but it was poor.

For me he did.

If you're resting Mahrez you should rest Jeff too. Also if you're gonna play Albrighton, commit more than one man in the box when we attack. We know that Albrighton is all about getting balls into the box. Too often Ulloa came deep did well enough to move the ball on and/or create space but then there's no one in the box. The full backs didn't supoort either winger enough and when they did we weren't able to cope with Newcastle on the break, which then lead to the lack of supoort in the box.

Too slow going forward and not enough bodies were committed to attacks (even when losing) against a team that hadn't won all season as well as giving them way too much time on the ball when they had it.

I still have no idea why we were so negative. Normally we looks dangerous on the break but even yesterday when breaking you could just tell it wasn't going to happen.

Another tricky away game to come next week, let's hope there's some improvement to say the least.

We can't play 4-4-2 against Swansea, we will get completely destroyed. 4-2-3-1, with James and Drinkwater sitting behind Albrighton, Nugent and Vardy, with Ulloa up top. No Mahrez to start with because we will need support coming back, Albrighton seems to work hard up and down the flanks.

We lost, therefore yes. Same as any other manager that lost. If you lose , you got it wrong.

Don't agree with that at all. Did he get it wrong at Chelsea? Most people would say he didn't.

As for the Newcastle game, as much as I disagreed with Pearson's team selection I'm more disappointed with us being unable to take one of our chances. There were some fairly simple ones during the match and we really ought to have scored.

If i remember correctly (and im old so i dont often) early in the season last year NP tried a few different formations and sides and it seems quite probable hes doin it again this year, its a dangerous tactic, but until you pl;ay the formation and see the results you just dont know.

Prior to last season i was pissed that NP seemed very limited in his thinking (no plan b), he changed that last season and all credit to the guy.

I assume he is doing the same this year, working out options, what works and what (and who) doesnt. We have a squad that imo will finish somewhere between 15- 20. NPs management will have an enormous influence if that is 15, 16 or 17th... or 18-20th.

Yes, i think he got it wrong Saturday, but its away at Newcastle, if anyone had said preseason that we expected to win there then i think they were being very optimistic. had we set up better, we probably could have earnt a draw but he now has  more knowledge about the squad and what does n doesnt work. Which hopefully pays off throughout the rest of the season

Don't agree with that at all. Did he get it wrong at Chelsea? Most people would say he didn't.

As for the Newcastle game, as much as I disagreed with Pearson's team selection I'm more disappointed with us being unable to take one of our chances. There were some fairly simple ones during the match and we really ought to have scored.

We lost at Chelsea, therefore he got it wrong that day, too. Or do you think a defeat is getting it right ? The OP asked about the manager, not the players. Had he done so, I would have said they 'got it wrong' too. Can't understand this argument. It's a results business - if you lose, by definition, you got it wrong no matter what the referee, players, weather, government or even Terry Wogan had to do with it. Thankfully, he's got it right more often than wrong so far this season.

Love Pearson but he is to blame for Saturday. Our approach was so negative, we just sat off for 60 mins, like we sat off all second half v Burnley, absolutely shocking tactics for me against two poor poor sides.

First 5 games we had an attacking mentality that we would out score the opposition, now we set up to defend, which isn't our strength. How he didn't start Vardy is beyond me, came on too late v Newcastle.

I actually believe that Pearson has made mistakes, like other managers, but he is new to this league, and will be on a learning curve throughout this season, just like the players.

I expect us to have to fight for survival, but if we can avoid the drop, we will have achieved a great deal. That will set us up for a much better time the following season. This is the way we have to look at things, and attempt to forgive the manager and players, as we move further into this season. It is very easy for us to slag people off for getting things wrong, and sometimes we will be justified in doing so, but we need to be realistic about our abilities, and also the lack of them.

If we can learn, and stay up, this season will have been successful.

yes agree with this. I too just hope that when the going gets tough as it certainly will do over the season that people don't start agitating to get NP out and the likes of pulis in. I would go so far as to say if we go down that I would see no reason that we should ditch the manager - for the first time in a while I think we have a natural successor to the likes of Gillies and O' Neill - we can (and as fans should ) be debating the rights and wrongs of team selection and tactics without a reflex of "we need to find someone else to take us forward"

We lost at Chelsea, therefore he got it wrong that day, too. Or do you think a defeat is getting it right ? The OP asked about the manager, not the players. Had he done so, I would have said they 'got it wrong' too. Can't understand this argument. It's a results business - if you lose, by definition, you got it wrong no matter what the referee, players, weather, government or even Terry Wogan had to do with it. Thankfully, he's got it right more often than wrong so far this season.

Pearson got the game plan spot on against Chelsea. You have to realise that, when playing against a superior team, it isn't going to go for you every time.

NO definitely not, was he responsible for James missing a sitter or Ulloa not controlling a ball when through on goal. I though he got tactics spot he went to try to frustate them which we did in the main

Obviously he's not solely responsible but with how negative we set up any errors would cost us dearly.

The biggest disappointment on Saturday was losing a goal on the break.

We’re away from home and only 20 minutes left. We should have been sitting back, and trying to hit them on the break – as we nearly did against Chelsea and how we won at Stoke, and how we won against Man United.

We could have really frustrated them, got their fans on their backs, and caused them to over-commit men forward. That could of won us either a good point from a 0-0, or even a ‘smash and grab’ win by us going over the top to Vardy. Instead, we had about 9 players forward and got caught out ourselves.

Very naïve.

Stupidest thing I've seen on this site for a long time.

Looked like a 4-5-1, but with Albrighton and Schlupp it isolated Ulloa definitely, but Albrighton got in a few crosses, played well and looked the part, could be useful in a 4-4-2.

Schlupp was just out of the game because Newcastle came down the right side way too often for Konch / Schlupp to do anything of worth, that needs to change in the future.

We invited Newcastle on a little too much, gave them too much room and a little too much gratitude to be honest, think Pearson noticed this which is when we started to press harder and push them back around the 55/60 minute mark. When Vardy / Nugent came on it changed for the better IMO. Nugent looked great (Don't know why that hate thread exists, Nugent outplayed Cambiasso in just 10 minutes,) sound passes, brilliant runs and could have had a few decent opportunities lined up for Vardy, others. The more we pressed, the better we looked. At the moment Newcastle bagged their counter attack goal, we were in control, and we looked more likely to get a winner. So acknowledge Pearson's complete plan before knocking the team down over what was a poor defensive display, but a pretty sound attacking movement display from the likes of Albrighton, Nugent, and James. I thought we looked fantastic leading up to Newcastle's goal, shame, but it happens.

On a side note, i'm glad Pearson dropped Hammond, because Matty James was 100% the best player on the pitch in a Leicester shirt yesterday, he played his socks off and really should have scored a goal as well. Top player.

The player that has cost us four points in that last two games

Why play Schlupp who travelled further than Mahrez and got back into the Uk later than Mahrez? Mahrez who got an assist and a goal for Algeria in midweek. Should have started with Mahrez to see how he played then if needs be sub him if he did look tired.

Cisse for them played virtually the whole game, talk about hype though cos he aint that good. Np got it wrong with his team selection formation and tactics.

Don't know if you are being serious or just a wum?

Are you Matty James agent or Parents?

Well we lost against a team in poor form so yes he got it wrong.

The two wide men were too wide and not supporting Ulloa enough so he was isolated first half. Going for the 4-5-1 then Vardy instead of Schlupp would have been a more attacking option... having said that we conceded when we went more attacking, so there is no guarantee setting up more attacking from the off would have made too much difference as we still didn't create good chances second half.

Archived