Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GaelicFox

For the 3000-4000 who sang Pearson's name you guys are flogging .....

Agree with a lot of posts in here. More team selections and performances like that and the Pearson supporters will turn on him.

Don't get me wrong I'm a Pearson fan but today was a ****ing joke.

Still absolutely livid. Our best chance of getting to the later stages of the cup and we pissed it up the wall, while Pearson just stood there and watched.

I wish there was a way to monitor whether anybody actually changes their mind on here because of what someone else on this forum has said. I don't doubt that there are people who once supported Pearson and now don't, but it seems the change of mind is normally induced by how events are unfolding and not because somebody's carefully crafted argument has enlightened them. That's why everyone's so unpleasant and hostile on here; nobody is actually interested in hearing any arguments against their position and nobody has in their mind some hypothetical explanation or evidence that would lead them to alter their stance. Every conversation is like 2 separate conversations that have one or two words in common; it's just a constant reiteration of each person's position followed by virtually no attempt to substantiate it. "Pearson out" is delivered as if it's an argument on its own that requires no further explanation, and those who say it have no intention of accepting or even considering any argument that recommends an alternative. What's the point?

I wish there was a way to monitor whether anybody actually changes their mind on here because of what someone else on this forum has said. I don't doubt that there are people who once supported Pearson and now don't, but it seems the change of mind is normally induced by how events are unfolding and not because somebody's carefully crafted argument has enlightened them. That's why everyone's so unpleasant and hostile on here; nobody is actually interested in hearing any arguments against their position and nobody has in their mind some hypothetical explanation or evidence that would lead them to alter their stance. Every conversation is like 2 separate conversations that have one or two words in common; it's just a constant reiteration of each person's position followed by virtually no attempt to substantiate it. "Pearson out" is delivered as if it's an argument on its own that requires no further explanation, and those who say it have no intention of accepting or even considering any argument that recommends an alternative. What's the point?

Fair points.

I think however i may have changed my mind after the Villa game.

I had been supportive of keeping NP even if we went down, as i think he clearly has the abilities to succeed in the Championship, but following that depressing spectacle at Villa park, i wonder if keeping him would be the wrong thing considering the negative baggage he (and his players) would return to the Championship with.

If he cant get a side to play better than that, against a decidedly poor opposition.

If he is unable to make sensible and effective team selections, structures and SUBSTITUTIONS, then we are headed for a dismal end to the season and that may(possibly) wash over to the next season. 

We all assumed and he said, that its important to start the season with the confidence that winning the league gave us.. so (assuming relegation, which given yesterdays performance is a fair assumption), maybe having the man that  took us down in such a dismal fashion would bring too much negativity onto the new side required to get us promoted? 

Im not saying Pearson out... but i am... wondering

You have to accept that forums are a means of throwing ideas into the mix to canvas opinion and exchange theories. It's a conversation, albeit at times s pissed pub conversation. People throw in suggestions that they wouldn't dream of being heard said on the concourses. The forum gives s degree of anonymity and so people will gravely throw more extreme ideas out there. It isn't reality it's just a forum. People will change theiribds and pursue different avenues of Thought. Ask me about np? I've changed my mind several times. Personally, when we lost to Watford in the playoffs i knew he wasn't good enough for the prem. despite that I've been a 'stick with him' fan now I'm starting to believe the Pearson out mob were right all along.

So say we get rid of Pearson and get someone else in, it goes one of two ways, 1) They miraculously manage to keep us up and we all praise and say it should of happened sooner OR 2) We get relegated anyway, lose the man who got us here and then the question is asked as to why we got rid of him.

His decisions yesterday annoyed me, like they did a lot of supporters, but without proper consideration as to who we would bring instead of him would put us in a worse place. 

Anyone who is saying the statement "anybody would do a better job than him", is a silly thing to say really, sacking him won't suddenly make everything better as the grass isn't always greener, as it might have a negative effect on the players, rather than the positive effect we are all hoping it has. But I accept the fact that something needs to be done.

Just my opinion.

The argument that he will automatically get us back up is no longer valid should we end up bottom of the division. The 2 other relegated sides will clearly be better than us.

I'm struggling to work out what our squad would be as many will be too old and the best ones (ho ho) will leave.

The argument that he will automatically get us back up is no longer valid should we end up bottom of the division. The 2 other relegated sides will clearly be better than us.

I'm struggling to work out what our squad would be as many will be too old and the best ones (ho ho) will leave.

lol yeah cos that's exactly how it works. 

So say we get rid of Pearson and get someone else in, it goes one of two ways, 1) They miraculously manage to keep us up and we all praise and say it should of happened sooner OR 2) We get relegated anyway, lose the man who got us here and then the question is asked as to why we got rid of him.

His decisions yesterday annoyed me, like they did a lot of supporters, but without proper consideration as to who we would bring instead of him would put us in a worse place. 

Anyone who is saying the statement "anybody would do a better job than him", is a silly thing to say really, sacking him won't suddenly make everything better as the grass isn't always greener, as it might have a negative effect on the players, rather than the positive effect we are all hoping it has. But I accept the fact that something needs to be done.

Just my opinion.

Good points

Get Martin Jol in

Good points

Get Martin Jol in

And if Martin Jol comes in, we get relegated, we are a shadow of our former self in the championship and we end up mid-table, what then? Just another replacement? Until we find someone to do what Pearson did and take us back up?

Just trying to show both sides of the coin.

And if Martin Jol comes in, we get relegated, we are a shadow of our former self in the championship and we end up mid-table, what then? Just another replacement? Until we find someone to do what Pearson did and take us back up?

Just trying to show both sides of the coin.

Your banking a lot on him being able to do it

His squad of last year is now shot to pieces and battle scars are open wounds

Cannot see how he arrests that slipping

If they rally between now and May then ok maybe he should get a good shot at next year

If they continue to slide looking clueless tactically then obviously a change is needed

Let's see if he can produce a rally for the last few months of season

Your banking a lot on him being able to do it

His squad of last year is now shot to pieces and battle scars are open wounds

Cannot see how he arrests that slipping

If they rally between now and May then ok maybe he should get a good shot at next year

If they continue to slide looking clueless tactically then obviously a change is needed

Let's see if he can produce a rally for the last few months of season

Of course, I hope as much as everyone else that we pull it together and stay up! 

At the end of the day we have to live with what decisions are made at the club. There's no point in arguing amongst ourselves, or shouting negative comments at the games, this doesn't really help anyone.

There's still a chance we can stay up, no matter how small!

I still think it would a bad idea to sack him. Since we're going down we'll need someone who's spent time in the championship. He'll have the experience that other managers there do not. I'm sure he'll get us back up again.

Oh for Gods sake.... Brick wall and headbanging...

Thing that confuses me with some anti and pro pearson posters is when they put their arguments across as if to convince the other to agree with them is that the way they go about it .

Why would you think that the best way to go about this is by talking down to people or resorting to personal insults. Some times I read a well writen post making good points then they ruin it all with a moronic sentence at the end. Then all that I have just read becomes irrelevant and all can think is what a twat that person is .

Archived