Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Buce

Sat Navs

Just buy a new car with one already built in mate. Much easier :thumbup:

P.S. I was always told TomTom were the best but I think Garmin are pretty decent too 

I bought a Garmin Nuvi 55 & it was crap.  Sometimes I would just have the street name & the postcode.  It would give me a choice of villages when I didn't know what the village was.  I never felt 100% confident.  Not so bad around towns, but pretty useless when it came to rural areas.  Google maps on my phone was better than the Garmin.

I kept the Garmin for a few months, chucked it in the drawer & bought a TomTom Start 25 instead.  It was far superior to the Garmin.  It was just felt better in every respect & was always accurate.

Both the sat navs I bought were around the £100 mark, so not the best you can get.  I could never recommend the Garmin, but I would the TomTom.

One thing I would say worth having on the TomTom, especially if driving around built up areas & towns, is Live Traffic (I think that's what it's called?).  It has live traffic updates, so if a route is blocked or slow it will re-route you.

I've never used it, but I know quite a few people use Waze.  A free app that has live traffic updates.

3 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Just buy a new car with one already built in mate. Much easier :thumbup:

P.S. I was always told TomTom were the best but I think Garmin are pretty decent too 

I have got a BMW and the built in Sat Nav isn't very good. 

It doesn't recognise 7 digits postcodes, waste of time.

Apple maps for iPhone is underrated. Unless you're driving for a living in a different city every day, I really don't think it's worth investing in a sat nav anymore. Better off using that money for a dash cam.

And if it weren't for live traffic for apple maps, I'd have missed Huthy's first goal at the Etihad last year.

Garmin ones have been reliable whenever I needed to use one, can do destinations, next fuel locations etc swiftly. Got one that tells me that some roadworks are ahead and directs me to a different route away from it.

Thanks, guys.

I've used Google Maps on my iPhone twice recently, and both times it had me going around in circles.

Maybe I'll download one of the others and try them before parting with my hard earned, though.

2 hours ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

I have got a BMW and the built in Sat Nav isn't very good. 

It doesn't recognise 7 digits postcodes, waste of time.

Sounds like 'user error' to me mate lol

I've got an old Jag and it took me months to realise you need to input a space between the first and second part of a post code :blush:

Archived