Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bagworthblue

Radio Leicester

What makes me laugh the most is when Stringer and Bourne say we are impartial journalist's for the BBC, we have to call it how we see it and show no bias towards the club. They fail to remember that they work for BBC Radio Leicester. Everyone of their listeners is a Leicester City fan, thats why they listen to their coverage. It's not like they are working for a national arm of the BBC. They work for local radio. The fans of Leicester City don't want a commentator on local radio to be saying, "Is that it for Nigel Pearson now" after losing the 11th game of the season. They don't want their club to have a media block on the local radio station because the "journalist" acts inappropriately with hand gestures to players. All season it's been the same negative spin, no wonder the fans are griping at them. 

I've just realised I've been blocked by Jason Bourne on Twitter. :nigel: I can't even remember what I might possibly have said.

I got blocked by stringer after posting the link to geoffs interview after West ham. Suggesting that was how to conduct yourself.

The bloke really is so up his own arse it is untrue.

He lacks any class or professionalism

I got blocked by stringer after posting the link to geoffs interview after West ham. Suggesting that was how to conduct yourself.

The bloke really is so up his own arse it is untrue.

He lacks any class or professionalism

If I recall correctly, you called him a dick. If anyone called me a dick on Twitter (however accurate that may be) then I'd block them. 

If I recall correctly, you called him a dick. If anyone called me a dick on Twitter (however accurate that may be) then I'd block them.

I think you will find it was "how not to be a dick"

So I guess he accepts he is being a dick and didn't like the fact that someone else can get an interview out of someone by conducting themselves in a more professional manner and being able to adapt to a personality.

let's be honest. You have much less reason to get on with nigel, if you didn't like him as a person as you don't have to deal with him on a day to day basis.

stringer is only making himself look more and more like a knob.

He clearly has an elevated idea of himself. I partly hope he really isn't a fan of our club as he's a huge part of what is wrong with modern day supporters.

In fact I very rarely listen to rl and he his the reason why.

This is easy for me.

Stringer is a t*t, always was always will be.

The biggest thing that stands out, and not just to me it seems, is his relationship with Nigel.

Like them or loathe them they're like children.

The thing that makes me side slightly with Pearson though is stringer allows himself to come across as an antagonising little kid!

It's like he knows which buttons to press and goes at it to get a reaction. He then always passes this off as "it's his job!"

There are ways to get answers, which good journalists continually do. Stringer, however, cannot be described as a good journalist.

I think you will find it was "how not to be a dick"

So I guess he accepts he is being a dick and didn't like the fact that someone else can get an interview out of someone by conducting themselves in a more professional manner and being able to adapt to a personality.

let's be honest. You have much less reason to get on with nigel, if you didn't like him as a person as you don't have to deal with him on a day to day basis.

stringer is only making himself look more and more like a knob.

He clearly has an elevated idea of himself. I partly hope he really isn't a fan of our club as he's a huge part of what is wrong with modern day supporters.

In fact I very rarely listen to rl and he his the reason why.

Much as I think stringer is a complete jebend, the obvious implication of that initial line is that he his a cock. True as it may be, addressing him like that is hardly going to endear you to him is it?

This is way for me.

Stringer is a t*t, always was always will be.

The biggest thing that stands out, and not just to me it seems, is his relationship with Nigel.

Like them or loathe them they're like children.

The thing that makes me side slightly with Pearson though is stringer allows himself to come across as an antagonising little kid!

It's like he knows which buttons to press and goes at it to get a reaction. He then always passes this off as "it's his job!"

There are ways to get answers, which good journalists continually do. Stringer, however, cannot be described as a good journalist.

Stringer can't be described as a journalist, rent a gob is more fitting.

I know of a few people myself included who tried to get on air to support Pauline's views. It is quite clear in the pre-vet you have no chance of getting on air with those views even if Lou have a calm and constructive argument. To get on air, you unfortunately have to lie about what you intend to say. To suggest as someone did earlier, radio Leicester allow freedom of speech is naive. 

Another suggestion that if I don't like to listen, I shouldn't. The problem is they are a monopoly in terms of match commentary and if I can't be at a game, I do like to listen to game whilst I pace nervously around the house, scaring the whole neighbourhood with cheers when we score and pulling my hair out when we concede. I also like hearing peoples views and especially when feeling down about how things are going, it reminds you that you are not alone and there are 1000s of other people feeling as frustrated as you do. It's also nice when we win to kinda share the way you feel by listening to others celebrate. 

My issue with radio Leicester is that they load questions to make a story, their tone gives away their personal beliefs and they should not be there to direct people into believing what the believe, they should simply administer conversations and report on what is happening.

Whether you want Pearson to go or not, want Albrighton in the team or not, think Ulloa should be benched for Kramaric or not, it is not RL's role to put their personal wishes into peoples heads as it is what they want personally. it is their job to simply report the team news and bring in fans to cast their opinions and yes they should play 'devil's advocate' but in a way that doesn't undermine the caller when their opinion differs from their own. Often they say the right things but their tone towards the caller is upbeat if they agree and derogatory if they disagree. 

And if they are personally challenged, they should remain clam, present their arguments but accept that perception is everything and if a reasonable number of people perceive RL to be negative then they need to take this on board, go away, replay what they have said and learn from it. They need a boss to support them doing this as they seemingly are unwilling to listen and therefore unwilling to accept some people that oppose them may have a point. In any other business you listen to your customer's feedback, you don't always agree but should always be open to criticism if you want to improve. You don't start arguing with the customer if you hope they will return and want to build a successful business.

They have monopoly mindset i'm afraid. They act as if they are 'godlike'

Matt however is a true professional. He has had people coming on slating him, slating his man of the match decisions, his fence sitting etc and he handles it all so professionally. His tone doesn't change and he is self mocking at times. He isn't a trained presenter but shows a lot of control and actually plays the role of being unbiased much better than his trained professional colleagues. he also understands the game, the tactical side much more than Youngy ever did and he summarises the game based on the unique games whereas youngy showed much more passion I will agree but pretty much said the same thing week in week out. Shame we can't have them both :-)

Much as I think stringer is a complete jebend, the obvious implication of that initial line is that he his a cock. True as it may be, addressing him like that is hardly going to endear you to him is it?

Sensitive much?

I wasn't looking to end up being BFF with him. But I am actually genuinely surprised he blocked me. If your gonna act like a school kid. What does he expect.

Sensitive much?

I wasn't looking to end up being BFF with him. But I am actually genuinely surprised he blocked me. If your gonna act like a school kid. What does he expect.

Why? You insulted him, he blocked you - there's plenty of things to criticise Stringer for, this one is grasping at straws though. 

Why? You insulted him, he blocked you - there's plenty of things to criticise Stringer for, this one is grasping at straws though.

What's grasping at straws. I never actually followed him I just offered him some, let's call it constructive criticism.

You can highlight the fact I used the word dick if you want. But how many people on twitter would block each other if the world was such a sensitive place.

I mean I'd have to block half my Facebook friends if every time I had a half meaningful debate that included a heightened volume of opinions which may occasionally include the odd swear word or implied insult.

My original reply was in response to someone who had been blocked by Bourne I think the pair of them are well to sensitive like. If your gonna put yourself out there then expect some comeback.

Most of which you may not agree with but football is an emotional game. People's opinions are gonna differ.

Correct. Can't blame him for blocking you I'm afraid.

I'd have to block half my Facebook friends if every time I had a half meaningful debate that included a heightened volume of opinions which may occasionally include the odd swear word or implied insult.

That's the difference though. If a friend called me a dick or even intimated that then I'd laugh, because they may well be right.

If someone I didn't know on social media said the same, I'd probably block them, quickly forget about it and move along with my life with the minimum of fuss.

I've had my fair share of personal abuse chucked my way, usually on messageboards, so I don't go to those places any more and therefore don't give an ounce of shiit about the opinions of those who mean nothing to my life.

I haven't found any of the RL coverage to be overly negative - at least not to warrant the reaction that's happened recently. I don't think Stringer has changed his style of presenting or interviewing since he started the job. RL seems to have become something people love to hate and Stringer especially so. I think his commentary of big goals such as today and at Forest last year shows his genuine passion for Leicester and I don't think anyone can fairly accuse him of wanting the team to do badly.

Onto Alan Young. I liked him and it's a shame he's gone. To criticize Stringer's negativity now seems especially bitter considering he worked with him for years and seemingly had no problem with his style. I remember an interview Stringer did with a RL boss where he absolutely roasted them over the firing of Alan Young!

RE RL phone ins. As seen tonight, they give decent air time to callers who phone in to criticize them personally - they don't brush it under the carpet and insist on talking about football. And yes of course they get defensive when people tell them they're doing their job wrong - who wouldn't retaliate if that happened to them in a public arena.

Just to pre-empt any jokes, I am not Ian Stringer or Ian Stringer's Mum - just a Leicester fan who thinks the whole RL thing is being blown out of proportion by a giant bandwagon of people who love to hate.

Who are you, Ian Stringers brother?

Correct. Can't blame him for blocking you I'm afraid.

That's the difference though. If a friend called me a dick or even intimated that then I'd laugh, because they may well be right.

If someone I didn't know on social media said the same, I'd probably block them, quickly forget about it and move along with my life with the minimum of fuss.

I've had my fair share of personal abuse chucked my way, usually on messageboards, so I don't go to those places any more and therefore don't give an ounce of shiit about the opinions of those who mean nothing to my life.

Ok final words on this.

If you are in the position stringer is and say 30k that attend home games follow you at a bare minimum then are you not to expect they will not all agree.

If you take the phrase I used as a personal insult then sorry. In my opinion then the world has gone to soft.

It's not like I offered a whole volley of personal abuse. There's much worse things go on in the world.

On the actual matter if being blocked I have no problem with that. Just rightly or wrongly was very surprised when I realised.

If I remember correctly Mr Peters, our 1st interaction of twitter was fiesty but you never blocked me. Now maybe there was nothing that could be construed as a personal insult. But it wasn't all sugar coated.

I think Mr stringer just needs to evaluate his position and actions going forward.

All this talk is not helping the local BBC in anyway.

Other than free publicity I guess.

If I remember correctly Mr Peters, our 1st interaction of twitter was fiesty but you never blocked me. Now maybe there was nothing that could be construed as a personal insult. But it wasn't all sugar coated.

Maybe I was in a good mood that day  lol  I don't really take too much seriously on t'internet anyway, I certainly don't worry about it

Maybe I was in a good mood that day lol I don't really take too much seriously on t'internet anyway, I certainly don't worry about it

That's my point. But I guess I am done with this now.

time to celebrate cesc.

Just been listening to the podcast from the post match debate, lol that was the best  :D Stringer and Bourne just lost there cool during that.

Please, Please call in tomorrow and do more complaining about Stringer and Bourne,

you will have to lie your way on I'm afraid 

What makes me laugh the most is when Stringer and Bourne say we are impartial journalist's for the BBC, we have to call it how we see it and show no bias towards the club. They fail to remember that they work for BBC Radio Leicester. Everyone of their listeners is a Leicester City fan, thats why they listen to their coverage. It's not like they are working for a national arm of the BBC. They work for local radio. The fans of Leicester City don't want a commentator on local radio to be saying, "Is that it for Nigel Pearson now" after losing the 11th game of the season. They don't want their club to have a media block on the local radio station because the "journalist" acts inappropriately with hand gestures to players. All season it's been the same negative spin, no wonder the fans are griping at them. 

Exactly. Again, I'll ask in case anyone has any knowledge of other BBC local radio stations - do any reporters at, let's say, BBC Sheffield, Notts. or Derby use that cop-out to get away with negative broadcasting?

Archived