Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bagworthblue

Radio Leicester

I'm amazed that the likes of stringer can get and is still in a job at radio Leicester when people like me who have done courses and even a degree for radio struggle to find a job in that field.

Education hasnt ever been the best route into that industry.

Volunteer at a local station. Get trained up on the basic equipment and do a slot once or twice a week. Put a decent showreel together and bobs your uncle (providing you're any good of course).

I'm amazed that the likes of stringer can get and is still in a job at radio Leicester when people like me who have done courses and even a degree for radio struggle to find a job in that field.

You should praps try looking for one in a studio instead lol lol

Same here, I did a Radio Production course.

It's become more apparant the longer I've been in the working world, it's not what you know it's who you know.

Having said that I'm not particulary anti-stringer I used to really enjoy his commentary it's just this season he's pissed on my chips, so to speak, with his petulant jibes.

Imagine we stay up on a dramatic final day and RL stick to their policy of not doing their own post match interviews with manager and players. It's all a bit ridiculous. But you reap what you sow and all that...

Exactly right, and that also works both ways.

So, before our recent upturn in fortunes, with things looking pretty bleak, the fact that Ian Stringer, and the coverage from radio Leicester was on the negative side wasn`t exactly surprising.

They were hardly going to be saying how fantastic Pearson is, and we should all stick with him were they!

Much as it`s in the interests for the local media to stay onside with the current manager and staff at a football club, it is also a good idea for that manager to keep the local media sweet too, you just never know when you might need them!

As you rightly say, you reap what you sow.

Is Ian Stringer Jeremy Kyle in Disguise

His interview technique is similar to that annoying piece of shit

He says he speaks for me and you, I hate the little git 

He shafted poor old Alan Young while smiling to his face,

The way he talked to Nigel was an absolute disgrace.

I don't know who he thinks he is, or what he's trying to do

But we are Leicester City fans and our whole world is Blue

KEEP THE FAITH 

I think we should try and separate the 'professional' from the 'person'. It is grossly unfair to comment on the man, we simply don't know the fellow and therefore to launch personal insults at him is unpleasant and unecessary. 

I do think he should be applauded for providing us with far more coverage than we've ever been used to (pre season tours, rival journalists and supporters in the studio, roadshow events etc), however I think we'd also all agree that as a 'professional' he has tried many different styles of presentation and sadly some of these have fallen short of the standard we, the club and the management expect. The players and the management can choose to ignore him, we sadly cannot. RL is many people's main source of information on the club and without the cooperation of the playing staff we cannot enjoy the level of coverage we should/could, it is now RL respoonsibility to find us an amicable solution.

To be honest in the early days I didn't mind the Strings and Youngee double act commentary. Since Youngee as left it's never been the same, Matt Elliot is good he puts some good analysis on a match, however at times he sounds very restrained. Unlike Youngee he doesn't speak his mind, he'll never have the balls to criticise a player. For me I don't understand why they can't have two pundits, get rid of Bourne and bring back Youngee, anyone agree?

To be honest in the early days I didn't mind the Strings and Youngee double act commentary. Since Youngee as left it's never been the same, Matt Elliot is good he puts some good analysis on a match, however at times he sounds very restrained. Unlike Youngee he doesn't speak his mind, he'll never have the balls to criticise a player. For me I don't understand why they can't have two pundits, get rid of Bourne and bring back Youngee, anyone agree?

nah, Young was doggo. I don't need someone to tell me something is great or shìt, I want intelligent, measured thoughts.

I never went to college or Uni and I've somehow blagged a "career" for 25+ years. People get into the media in a variety of ways. I was lucky and still feel lucky to do what I do.

Same here, I did a Radio Production course. It's become more apparant the longer I've been in the working world, it's not what you know it's who you know.

That can be very true. Networking is very useful. Being in the right place at the right time also helps.

I think we should try and separate the 'professional' from the 'person'. It is grossly unfair to comment on the man, we simply don't know the fellow and therefore to launch personal insults at him is unpleasant and unecessary. 

Well said.

Before our recent upturn in fortunes, with things looking pretty bleak, the fact that Ian Stringer, and the coverage from radio Leicester was on the negative side wasn`t exactly surprising. They were hardly going to be saying how fantastic Pearson is, and we should all stick with him were they!

I don't think anyone expected coverage to be fulsome and glowing during those difficult times and neither should it have been. Perhaps a bit more balanced though.

Much as it`s in the interests for the local media to stay onside with the current manager and staff at a football club, it is also a good idea for that manager to keep the local media sweet too, you just never know when you might need them!

Agree with that completely and RL's loss has been the Mercury's gain. Don't forget that it was the players who made the decision to boycott first. They and the manager will still speak to RL but RL choose not to exercise the option, which is their prerogative. I do know that people within the club are not exactly enamoured with Ian's "I don't know what I've done wrong, they haven't told us" line. It's all a bit of a mess.

I never went to college or Uni and I've somehow blagged a "career" for 25+ years. People get into the media in a variety of ways. I was lucky and still feel lucky to do what I do.

That can be very true. Networking is very useful. Being in the right place at the right time also helps.

Well said.

I don't think anyone expected coverage to be fulsome and glowing during those difficult times and neither should it have been. Perhaps a bit more balanced though.

Agree with that completely and RL's loss has been the Mercury's gain. Don't forget that it was the players who made the decision to boycott first. They and the manager will still speak to RL but RL choose not to exercise the option, which is their prerogative. I do know that people within the club are not exactly enamoured with Ian's "I don't know what I've done wrong, they haven't told us" line. It's all a bit of a mess.

So without even talking to people in the club he is still pissing people off.

He's a real classic lol lol

Stringer tweeting that he has an interview With Kasper on the boot room tonigh. Hatchets been buried or an interview from other BBC outlets?

Edit- I'm not tuning in to find out so if anyone does hear it give us an update :thumbup:

Not really listened to the radio for the last two years, but Stringer is definitely a better commentator in terms of being enthusiastic, but at times this can be his downfall. I remember him saying time after time "watch this on the FL show. It was a definite penalty", when it didn't even make the highlight reel. He is a good journalist, and unfortunately no one likes journalists because they try to find out too much information. And they can be quite aggressive to find answers which he most definitely has been. But at the end of the day, he has no influence on the success/failure of this club, so although he is annoying, just let him be. I bet this thread is good for him, because it's getting RL more publicity which is what they are after anyway. 

Not really listened to the radio for the last two years, but Stringer is definitely a better commentator in terms of being enthusiastic, but at times this can be his downfall. I remember him saying time after time "watch this on the FL show. It was a definite penalty", when it didn't even make the highlight reel. He is a good journalist, and unfortunately no one likes journalists because they try to find out too much information. And they can be quite aggressive to find answers which he most definitely has been. But at the end of the day, he has no influence on the success/failure of this club, so although he is annoying, just let him be. I bet this thread is good for him, because it's getting RL more publicity which is what they are after anyway. 

I think the last thing you could ever accuse him of is being a journalist. He's a terrible journalist, he actually succeeds in finding out less information than people are willing to give him. He either asks questions which are actually answers, or he asks questions which are so loaded and clumsy that no one will answer them.

Stringer tweeting that he has an interview With Kasper on the boot room tonigh. Hatchets been buried or an interview from other BBC outlets?

The players are not speaking to him so I'm guessing what he used was from the Football Focus interview which was done by Ivan Gaskell http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32441079

I think the last thing you could ever accuse him of is being a journalist. He's a terrible journalist, he actually succeeds in finding out less information than people are willing to give him. He either asks questions which are actually answers, or he asks questions which are so loaded and clumsy that no one will answer them.

Keep questions simple. Plenty of who, what, why, where, when etc. They generally work the best.

Archived