Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bagworthblue

Radio Leicester

Why do people keep sayng things lke "he's  good commentator?"

He's good at commentating on what hats and coats people where, what the birds are doing, what flavour crisp packets are floating about and what sarnie they had from the service station. Martin Tyler could learn a thing or two.

He's good at commentating on what hats and coats people where, what the birds are doing, what flavour crisp packets are floating about and what sarnie they had from the service station. Martin Tyler could learn a thing or two.

Are you suggesting he'd be a good cricket commentator? 

I just don't like Stringers attitude, when that chap was trying to make a point stringer just kept saying "tell me one, tell me one", its childish. He's arrogant and doesn't like to be proved wrong.

Just listened to the football forum from Monday and couldn't believe my ears when, 20 seconds after a jingle which proclaimed: "A passion for The Foxes: BCC Radio Leicester Sport", I heard Stringer recounting Bourne's reaction to Vardy's goal and how he whacked the desk so hard that an iPad that he uses to keep up to date with scores elsewhere nearly fell off the desk.

Have to remain impartial or not lads? Make your minds up....

lol anyone heard Nige's press conference? Talking about negative people and how he finds them nauseating lol

Is Stringer allowed to Press conference? Hope it was directed at him lol

I think Radio Leicester can go to the press conferences but not Ian. So they choose not to send anyone. However, RL ask BBC East Midlands Today to put questions on their behalf.

Why do people keep sayng things lke "he's  good commentator?"

He' acually pretty shit, I give him credi for being better than John Barber, but that's like being better than Oscar Pistorious at picking Valentines day gifts.

Haha! Yeah - he's very Alan Partridge. It gets on my nerves when he tries to come up with sound bites after goals, and when he repeats them like he wasn't heard the first time.

At the start of the game Ian was damning Kasper to concede a few, saying we wouldn't keep a clean sheet.

"b-but muh impartial"

We're in the process of leaving egg on the face of every self-important pundit in the land. And Ian is most definately one of them.  :angry:

On that note, I wonder how much sleep Peter Beagrie is losing over our recent run? He's probably wondering why we're not playing Wellens.  :ph34r:

A few weeks ago, I was listening to Radio Leicester on the way to work. Stringer was talking about our chances of staying up with one of the breakfast show presenters. The woman from the breakfast show said that there might still be a chance, and Stringer just completely laid into her. He said we were already down, it was only a matter of time until the R was printed next to our name. Said we had no chance of winning any games because the players hadn't won games earlier in the season.

Stinger isn't being impartial, he went well beyond what any impartial commentator from any other media outlet in the entire country would say. He's absolutely nailed his colours to a mast of negativity this season, and reveled in it when things were bad. Now, when there is a chance that we could escape relegation, he's shitting himself that he's going to be completely shown up.

Radio Leicester is funded by Licence payer's money, it's remit is to cover events for the local community. It's not there to play tabloid sensationalist shit stirrer. It's bad enough that Stringer couldn't bring himself to apologise to Pearson and the club for his cut throat gesture, but I believe he owes the entire city an apology, because his coverage and attitude this season have been completely classless and unacceptable, and he has let down his real employers, the listeners and licence payers.

A few weeks ago, I was listening to Radio Leicester on the way to work. Stringer was talking about our chances of staying up with one of the breakfast show presenters. The woman from the breakfast show said that there might still be a chance, and Stringer just completely laid into her. He said we were already down, it was only a matter of time until the R was printed next to our name. Said we had no chance of winning any games because the players hadn't won games earlier in the season.

Stinger isn't being impartial, he went well beyond what any impartial commentator from any other media outlet in the entire country would say. He's absolutely nailed his colours to a mast of negativity this season, and reveled in it when things were bad. Now, when there is a chance that we could escape relegation, he's shitting himself that he's going to be completely shown up.

Radio Leicester is funded by Licence payer's money, it's remit is to cover events for the local community. It's not there to play tabloid sensationalist shit stirrer. It's bad enough that Stringer couldn't bring himself to apologise to Pearson and the club for his cut throat gesture, but I believe he owes the entire city an apology, because his coverage and attitude this season have been completely classless and unacceptable, and he has let down his real employers, the listeners and licence payers.

I agree entirely, but wanted to add that for those of us outside the county then listening to him via foxes player is our only option. I have to pay for that coverage and it ought to be more professional, sadly it really isn't good enough.

I agree entirely, but wanted to add that for those of us outside the county then listening to him via foxes player is our only option. I have to pay for that coverage and it ought to be more professional, sadly it really isn't good enough.

Great point, I forgot about Foxes Player customers. You guys are effectively paying twice for Stringer, that's even worse!

Archived