Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Akinbiyi24

Dion Dublin, jason roberts, jermaine jenas.

So he makes a mistake and you comment on the colour of his skin?

Well no he didn't though did he because they were two different posts.

It's clear what point he's trying to make ,although perhaps not particularly well. Trying to make him out to be some sort of closet racist, rather than actually discussing the point he's clearly trying to make doesn't exactly make you any better than the sort of person you're trying to make him out as being.

The BBC has clearly targeted some form of positive discrimination over the last few years, from stopping all male panels on shows, trying to have more BAME presenters and content. Does that mean the best person for the job might not get the job, because some boxes need ticking? Well it's certainly possible, if he finds those two to be poor at their job then he should be free to ask the question without fear of being labeled a racist.

But with regards match of the day, the whole show has gone to shit. I find most of the ex pros on there are pretty poor at their jobs, whether they are black white or yellow. There have been other presenters on other shows, or certain content I've seen on the bbc that has made me think "You're terrible at this job, are you there to boost some statistics".

Well no he didn't though did he because they were two different posts.

It's clear what point he's trying to make ,although perhaps not particularly well. Trying to make him out to be some sort of closet racist, rather than actually discussing the point he's clearly trying to make doesn't exactly make you any better than the sort of person you're trying to make him out as being.

The BBC has clearly targeted some form of positive discrimination over the last few years, from stopping all male panels on shows, trying to have more BAME presenters and content. Does that mean the best person for the job might not get the job, because some boxes need ticking? Well it's certainly possible, if he finds those two to be poor at their job then he should be free to ask the question without fear of being labeled a racist.

But with regards match of the day, the whole show has gone to shit. I find most of the ex pros on there are pretty poor at their jobs, whether they are black white or yellow. There have been other presenters on other shows, or certain content I've seen on the bbc that has made me think "You're terrible at this job, are you there to boost some statistics".

People are different colours.

Get over it.

Kilbane and Neville especially stutter SO much it can be painful to listen to, I think being able to talk properly should be the foremost concern of the employer. I don't see how anyone can think Roberts or Jenas are worse than that pair because no matter how dull you think the stuff they come out with is, at least they actually come out with it, can actually string more than 2 words together without spluttering or stuttering.

People are different colours.

Get over it.

You aren't living in the real world if you think its merely a coincidence how you have Roberts and Lawro. Jenas and Murphy. Crooks and claridge. Why is there rarely, if ever, two black pundits put together.

You aren't living in the real world if you think its merely a coincidence how you have Roberts and Lawro. Jenas and Murphy. Crooks and claridge. Why is there rarely, if ever, two black pundits put together.

I don't want to make incorrect assumptions about where you are going with this, so please, explain to us why, in your opinion, there are rarely, if ever, two black pundits put together.

Jeans usually says "I've played at _____, it's a difficult place to go." Or "I've played with ______, you know he's got that sort sort of ability." At least once on the show.

He's just as dull as the rest.

BT use journalists that know what they're talking about and it's refreshing because they can tell you information and background on a club, manager or player instead "He kicks it there, ball goes in the net, good goal.".

BT use journalists that know what they're talking about and it's refreshing because they can tell you information and background on a club, manager or player instead "He kicks it there, ball goes in the net, good goal.".

If he kicks it wide there it's not a goal.

I don't want to make incorrect assumptions about where you are going with this, so please, explain to us why, in your opinion, there are rarely, if ever, two black pundits put together.

You tell me why there isn't. I don't know the reasoning behind it

I'm amazed how Savage has a job on the bbc, he didn't exactly have that a great career as a footballer. 

He's a made a name for himself as a character, while he was playing and since.

You raised it. I thought you were making a point.

You clearly aren't getting the fact that people are getting jobs ahead of others because they 'fit in' with the way the BBC wants to be seen. In my opinion if your good enough then your good enough. I don't care what colour there skin is. Why should anyone care. This isnt racism. Its complaining about positive discrimination.

Wasnt it Dublin and David James as the pundits for Villa's semi final? Its usually Manish and Rosenior for the Football League Show too.

Not sure you have a point really.

Pundits generally dont. They mostly just confirm what we already knew but with the ability to compare it to a real life experience.

Jenas is one of the better ones.

Yeah at least Jenas is easy to listen to rather than just umming and ermming like a lot

This worst was when the BBC had Adebayor for the 2010 World Cup. Literally couldn't understand a word he was saying.

Seedorf is brilliant pundit and so was Hasselbaink earlier this season. Shame the Bbc don't get more foreign pundits in as they seem to be more knowledgable.

This worst was when the BBC had Adebayor for the 2010 World Cup. Literally couldn't understand a word he was saying.

Seedorf is brilliant pundit and so was Hasselbaink earlier this season. Shame the Bbc don't get more foreign pundits in as they seem to be more knowledgable.

I love it when MOTD has Shearer and Gullit at the same time. Gaz shit stirs loads.

I love it when MOTD has Shearer and Gullit at the same time. Gaz shit stirs loads.

Archived