Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
z-layrex

Final Fantasy 7 remake announced (First on PS4)

Oh. My. God. This is proper wank material (pardon my lingo). I've been waiting for this moment for close to 20 years... And now it looks like they're bringing it on with an HD version of the game that I still love to pieces!

Sweet. Hopefully there's an option to kill Yuffie this time

I'm sorry?

I finally want an option so that Sephiroth can't kill Aerith or at least that you're now finally able to revive her.

Yuffie was a pain in the arse who stole my shit then gave me the runaround twice. On my second playthrough I decided I wasn't taking it anymore so I'd kill her with a teammate and leave her out the party. Would only revive her if any part of the quest required her alive then kill her off instantly. Sold all her belongings at the first opportunity too, bitch

I've read somewhere that the remake won't be an exact 1:1 copy in terms of storyline. I do hope they're not going to alter too much in terms of content.

It'd be a shame spoiling this great game by the use of the same crass character design that has haunted the series since part X (although back then, it didn't bother me that much - it's more to do with the continued use of the same design).

EDIT: http://www.siliconera.com/2015/06/17/final-fantasy-vii-remake-will-have-more-work-done-to-its-story/

Edited by MC Prussian

It's obviously going to change quite a lot, they wouldn't have ported the original to make us play the exact same game (but with better graphics) a couple of years later.

If it's going to be an adult Anime overload, I'll cry bucketloads of tears.

They are bound to add in extra features and maybe expand on the story with side missions etc but surely they're not stupid enough to change the game completely are they?

I assume the characters will be voiced. Thats a big area they have to get right.

IMO things they need to keep

1. Turn based fighting

2. Materia system

3. Music

4. Story (including Aeris)

5. Golden Saucer (They could do loads with this, online multiplayer Chocobo races etc)

If they keep the above and expand on it with new Features/Enemies/Side Missions then this will go down a storm with the die hard fans.

I hope they get this right.

• 6 months later...

Latest news state it's going to be episodic, so spread over several parts that you're likely able to download one after the other:

http://kotaku.com/remember-the-final-fantasy-vii-remake-will-be-a-totall-1747540665

Will end up just like The Walking Dead series, I guess.

It sounds like SquarEnix are lagging behind in development, so they're releasing one episode after another so they have more time to finish the later episodes.

What are the odds of the first episode being released in 2017, 20 years after the original game?

Edited by MC Prussian

Latest news state it's going to be episodic, so spread over several parts that you're likely able to download one after the other:

http://kotaku.com/remember-the-final-fantasy-vii-remake-will-be-a-totall-1747540665

Will end up just like The Walking Dead series, I guess.

It sounds like SquarEnix are lagging behind in development, so they're releasing one episode after another so they have more time to finish the later episodes.

What are the odds of the first episode being released in 2017, 20 years after the original game?

Episodic? That sounds like a s*** idea. God I hope they don't ruin this. Just screams out as a money making scheme with them doing say 5 episodes at £15-£20 each costing us a fortune.

I don't think we will see the game until at least 2017

Didn't the original get released on 4 disks? Not so hard to believe it needs multiple releases but it's still hard to look beyond a money grab.

That was FF VIII. I remember because my fourth disc was faulty and wouldn't load. Of course by the time I'd played far enough to realise this, I'd thrown away the receipt.

Didn't the original get released on 4 disks? Not so hard to believe it needs multiple releases but it's still hard to look beyond a money grab.

That was FF VIII. I remember because my fourth disc was faulty and wouldn't load. Of course by the time I'd played far enough to realise this, I'd thrown away the receipt.

FF VII came on three disks, if I'm not mistaken (plus a bonus disc with some info on FF VIII).

Still, they'll episode the shit out of this remake it seems.  :(

Edited by MC Prussian

FF VII came on three disks, if I'm not mistaken (plus a bonus disc with some info on FF VIII).

Still, they'll episode the shit out of this remake it seems.  :(

Yes im sure FF7 was over 3 disks with FF8 over 4 disks. Obviously you got every disk for the 1 price. If they overcharge for each episode in the remake I will be fuming as will a lot of fans.