Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lestalee

kanye at glasto..

Where are all these furious white people? Why even bring race into it? A lot of people are saying it was shit, and that's because it was. Easily the worst headlining set ever at Glastonbury. Might even have been the worst headlining set of any festival ever.

Nothing more amusing than angry white people pal. Equally a lot of people are saying it was great so it's swings and roundabouts.

Why keep bringing up the fact it's furious white people though? Who says they are furious? Who says they are white?

My own 2 eyes have shown me across social media, online news reports and blogs.

I apologise as a white person for bringing up people's skin colours in this matter.

tbh im not usually an angry man but id probably raise a smile if kanye (or more likely one of his entourage) had killed lee nelson. maybe they have. we can all live in hope.

I have Yeezus and various songs, and it's OK. But it certainly isn't a great Hip Hop album.

I know music and trends move on, but the late 80s/early 90s really produced some good artists.

Unfortunately, I think Kanye believes his own hype, yet he doesn't have the talent to deliver. I don't think he is surrounding himself with the right people to improve his performance. Pharrel, a different kind of artist, is going to continue to grow and get better. I don't see where Kanye can take his music. Which I think why he is trying to diversify his business. It's a shame people let him have creative input into his clothing line though.

Put this ridiculous skin colour argument aside...... Now to the point, there was absolutely no talent on display whatsoever. That is the only reason people are disappointed, rightly so too....it was the festivals headline slot and it was WASTED. 

Don't usually agree with KingFox but I agree that Lee Nelson isn't funny in the slightest, but was great seeing someone give Kanye a taste of his own medicine. Would only have been improved if he'd grabbed the microphone off Kanye and said "Kanye, I'm gonna let you finish, but Taylor Swift or Beck should really be headlining tonight"

Kanye is well known for being an egotistical loon though, not for his music, which is frankly shite.

lol Give it a rest. Undoubtedly one of the best hip hop and pop producers ever.

Hip hop is shite and the whole gangsta rap thing is more chavvy than a burberry baseball cap. Any grown up who likes that crap needs to have a word with themselves. Don't see how it has a place at a festival like glastonbury. Obvious sell out. I watched the first two 'songs' and had to turn it off. Made my ears bleed. I've made better sounding music on the toilet.

I wish Mumford and Son could headline instead  :unsure:

Really? because I've been in radio for 3 years, most of my friends are well into music, reasonable few are in bands, and they primarily think of him as an egotistical loon with a jesus complex. There's nothing wrong with that, it's ****ing hilarious in it's own way, but let's not pretend at this point in his career he's known outside of his fans as a top musician rather than a ****ing loon.

You're pretty ignorant about his production and discography considering you're 'in the biz'. He's produced hip hop albums and influenced a huge amount of artists. Personally I'm not a fan of some of his new stuff but The College Dropout, Late Registration, Graduation, 808's and MBDTF are all fantastic albums in their own right.

I've seen some of the shit you listen to, just because you like to think of yourself as some connoisseur of 80's rock and that you were born in the rock age it doesn't mean you can dismiss one of the biggest pop acts in the world for the last decade as shit. 

oh man i still can't believe someone actually said kanye west is primarily known because south park took the piss out of him and it's nothing to do with any musical paths he's been involved in 

His rhymes are average and he has no real stage pressence. His beats are undeniable though. To claim he is some kind of icon is pure folly, he has brought rap to the masses by playing pop music essentially. Biggie and Tupac would be turning in their "graves".

Nahhh, listen to College Dropout or Graduation if you want some good rhymes. His ego has got the better of him but people are dismissing him based on his last album.

I'm not a fan. I love plenty of hip hop but never got into him. But I'll watch anything like this for the spectacle and to see if I start to appreciate it. If you only ever listened to people you liked, you'd never discover anything new.

I can understand why he's popular but I've never understood the inventive/innovative tag. A lot of it seems to be samples of better, really well-known songs (Daft Punk, Curtis Mayfield, Ray Charles etc). I'm not expecting free jazz or unusual time signatures, just it's never grabbed me.

I've enjoyed this more than some indie band rattling off 20 identical songs though.

Mainly tonight I've found out his backing singer or whatever is called Mike Dean lol Wonder if Clattenburg did the light show.

Cause he came on the scene talking about real shit, his life, real problems, not just guns and dolllaahhh. He combined hip hop with pop and brought it into the mainstream. He's no doubt a trailblazer.

Perhaps he should stick to producing and not performing!  lol

why would he stop performing when he just had a monumental sized crowd, none of whom wanted him at a "rock festival" in the south of england on the headline slot of the mainstage, but all singing every word to a number of his hits? 

I have Yeezus and various songs, and it's OK. But it certainly isn't a great Hip Hop album.

I know music and trends move on, but the late 80s/early 90s really produced some good artists.

Unfortunately, I think Kanye believes his own hype, yet he doesn't have the talent to deliver. I don't think he is surrounding himself with the right people to improve his performance. Pharrel, a different kind of artist, is going to continue to grow and get better. I don't see where Kanye can take his music. Which I think why he is trying to diversify his business. It's a shame people let him have creative input into his clothing line though.

Kanye created his own hype. He's as big as he thinks he is. It's weird but it seems to work, he's the biggest name in music. As to where he can take his music? He's not had two albums sound the same since he began. You mentioned Yeezus, have you listened to his old stuff before the ego? Listen to his first 3 if you want some good albums.

Pharrell? He's great but you know he's in his 40's right? He's been around for ever on his own and with N.E.R.D. 

lol This thread seemed to have taken a hardline approach in terms of Kanye, personally whilst he undeniably is a egotistical knob, it's part of his image. You can't really argue that whilst you may not personally like him, he has a very good and consistent discography, with a number of hits on each album. But I can (sort of) see where Doctor is coming from, but then I'd argue that he's a showman, not in a traditional sense but he's built a persona to fit his music perfectly. Obviously very gifted and clever but not my cup of tea, I only really like a couple of his songs.

Archived