Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lestalee

kanye at glasto..

Wish the Taylor Swift gig at BST was televised now.

i genuinely tried to get tickets to a taylor swift gig (is it technically a gig? shall we say performance or is that too much like she's doing ballet or something?) via a local radio station competition. 

what is she there for? literally so people like me (and presumably you as you brought it up) don't turn over? she doesn't appear to be doing much

Most popular beat combos in the olden days tended to have more than just one person on stage. Often this would include people who would provide musical instrumentation, additional vocals (known as backing singers) or just dance to the rhythm of the music. Of course this was back in the days before you could just turn up with your mate Mike, some low-level lighting and a cherry picker.

i genuinely tried to get tickets to a taylor swift gig (is it technically a gig? shall we say performance or is that too much like she's doing ballet or something?) via a local radio station competition. 

At least twice I've posted to Facebook trying to find someone to come see her with me.

Next year the PUFFS are going on tour.

Most popular beat combos in the olden days tended to have more than just one person on stage. Often this would include people who would provide musical instrumentation, additional vocals (known as backing singers) or just dance to the rhythm of the music. Of course this was back in the days before you could just turn up with your mate Mike, some low-level lighting and a cherry picker.

ah right so she was a gimmick to distract people from when the music wasn't very good. it worked tbf. could've just been her and no music and i wouldn't have turned over. seen as you know so much about it, how does one become a dance to the rhythm of the music dancer on stage? reckon i'd be wicked at it 

At least twice I've posted to Facebook trying to find someone to come see her with me.

Next year the PUFFS are going on tour.

not sure we can actually go to a taylor swift concert (found the right word) under a team name of P.U.F.F.s

ah right so she was a gimmick to distract people from when the music wasn't very good. it worked tbf. could've just been her and no music and i wouldn't have turned over. seen as you know so much about it, how does one become a dance to the rhythm of the music dancer on stage? reckon i'd be wicked at it 

I think you just have to dress like a cat and turn up on time. Maybe try it in SK1 for Sunderland?

Never really liked hip hop but have always appreciated the craft.

Found a handful of artists of the genre listenable over the years.

Public Enemy

NWA

2Pac

Snoop Doggy Dog

Nas

All pretty good and wouldnt turn the channel if something of theirs was on.

I have to say though that I find Kanye West one of the most uninteresting artists of the genre.

Lyrics are not particularly clever, production value isnt as polished as some of the other artists and he has the charisma of a shoe.

Most artists who aren't particularly of my taste, I can see why others would like but with Kanye, I cant see or hear anything in him to see why he's so successful.

Find it bizarre.

Never really liked hip hop but have always appreciated the craft.

Found a handful of artists of the genre listenable over the years.

Public Enemy

NWA

2Pac

Snoop Doggy Dog

Nas

All pretty good and wouldnt turn the channel if something of theirs was on.

I have to say though that I find Kanye West one of the most uninteresting artists of the genre.

Lyrics are not particularly clever, production value isnt as polished as some of the other artists and he has the charisma of a shoe.

Most artists who aren't particularly of my taste, I can see why others would like but with Kanye, I cant see or hear anything in him to see why he's so successful.

Find it bizarre.

Because its cool to like Kanye, most folk who do like him don't have a clue about hip hop/rap and its history. Its watered down and is basically pop music. Same can be said for Pharrel

It's amazing how many people that hate Kanye watched his set to give their opinion on it.

Your opinion of him as a man is irrelevant.

Your opinion of what a Glastonbury headliner should be is outdated.

If you're watching on TV, change the ****ing channel.

If you're there, go and watch something else, there is plenty of choice.

It's amazing how many people that hate Kanye watched his set to give their opinion on it.

Your opinion of him as a man is irrelevant.

Your opinion of what a Glastonbury headliner should be is outdated.

If you're watching on TV, change the ****ing channel.

If you're there, go and watch something else, there is plenty of choice.

Why is that amazing? Surely by sitting through it you are more informed and able to pass positive or negative judgement. The only thing irrelevant is your post.

Because its cool to like Kanye, most folk who do like him don't have a clue about hip hop/rap and its history. Its watered down and is basically pop music. Same can be said for Pharrel

Isn't that true of all music , it's a watered down version of a former genre ?

Him doing the Queen bit has had the exact reaction I imagine he wanted, white people were furious lol

Where are all these furious white people? Why even bring race into it? A lot of people are saying it was shit, and that's because it was. Easily the worst headlining set ever at Glastonbury. Might even have been the worst headlining set of any festival ever.

Archived