Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Horse's Mouth

Pearson Sacked

22. Ok, you're clearly missing the point, so I'll spell it out. Bentleys is in no position to ridicule here when it's a shambling joke of a place; firmly anti-Pearson even when things were coming up roses. We're talking about the sort of people who'd prefer it if we'd never come up and were stuttering along midtable in the championship if it meant Pearson wasn't at the club. The sort of people whose first reaction to promotion was "good, now we can sack Nigel and get a premiership manager". It's a farce of a place - anyone who has been paying attention for the last decade will see that Pearson has been a great thing to happen to the club - we were in the championship, going down to league one and going backwards until he came in.

And this is a place that is equally culpable in that we're talking on a thread that's akin to the club facing extinction . We're not, we've lost a manager who's done a great job, has gone and has left us (alongside the owners) a more attractive proposition to a higher calibre of Manager. Simple.

My point is that for all the anti Pearson hyperbole on there, the exact same thing is happening on a grand scale by the pro Pearson group on here . It's equally daft. He did a good job. He's gone. Making out that it's guaranteed disaster is equally as ludicrous as some of the stuff on Bentleys.

The players need to be encouraged to join our cause. If enough of the first team squad voiced their support for Pearson in a meeting then surely the owners would at least agree to meet with Pearson to see if the situation can be resolved.

The players need to be encouraged to join our cause. If enough of the first team squad voiced their support for Pearson in a meeting then surely the owners would at least agree to meet with Pearson to see if the situation can be resolved.

I want him back as much as you do, but that ship has surely sailed.  That's the 3rd time he's been sacked now, I'd not stand for it if I were Nige even if they did try to approach him.

Is this a windup?

And this is a place that is equally culpable in that we're talking on a thread that's akin to the club facing extinction . We're not, we've lost a manager who's done a great job, has gone and has left us (alongside the owners) a more attractive proposition to a higher calibre of Manager. Simple.

My point is that for all the anti Pearson hyperbole on there, the exact same thing is happening on a grand scale by the pro Pearson group on here . It's equally daft. He did a good job. He's gone. Making out that it's guaranteed disaster is equally as ludicrous as some of the stuff on Bentleys.

The talk of us going backwards is because look at the other options out there? Hiddink is good, I'd be fine with Hiddink, but that didn't look realistic, nor does Klopp; other encouraging names like Montella are only fans saying what they'd like and the names being seriously linked are poor championship managers. It's not guaranteed disaster, but given our track record of making appointments, do you honestly have faith that the next appointment will be an improvement? Let's just go through appointments since O'Neill:

Taylor - less said better

Bassett - Taylor probably did the damage but it wasn't working

Adams - Got us back up granted but short-termism meant the squad he left was a shambles

Levein - took us backwards, no-mark SPL players being his legacy

Kelly - galvanised to start with but slammed into reverse very quickly

Allen - Well then...

Megson - Dull, dour and not improving either

Holloway - Shocking

Pearson - worked really well

Sousa - who wants an unfit squad with no cohesion or idea?

Sven - Threw money round like a CEO in a strip club and ended up where we started

Pearson - Worked really well

It's safe to see why anyone should have some severe misgivings over this, our record at finding managers is shocking

Have we heard a more solid reason for the sacking yet, I've missed today's goings on?

I asked this the last time people said he was arrogant and stubborn - justification? 

In a job like this when you're bringing success I don't think that being a 'difficult personality' type is justification for getting the sack.

If he was sacked just for being difficult to work with then it's a ridiculous decision.

Go back 8 years prior to MON look at what a fantastic job Brian Little did on about a few percent of the budget that Pearson has had...when he left we were gutted. Within a year MON had turned up.

Yeah, and quite a few fans wanted him out after three months.

Good post. See the difference doctor?

Are you 12?

Top dollar post. :thumbup:

Are you 12?

Can't see why this wouldn't work. Il phone Vardy, he can ring round the boys.

Are you 12?

I meant to quote this. Haha

Or this

Can't see why this wouldn't work. Il phone Vardy, he can ring round the boys.

I meant to quote this. Haha

He can't get to the phone at the minute, his missus is currently screaming in his ears about how she really loves Aston.

Good post. See the difference doctor?

No, because there isn't one - they've called for reason and not to assume it's an automatic disaster, which is fair, Voll Blau eloquently explained why this seems daft, which is true. Both reasonable posts, dare I say the reason you don't agree is because Voll Blau suggested Pearson was a good manager and you still can't admit to being wrong?

Except that doesn't remotely describe the situation - a more apt comparison is what if you forced her out the first time, ended up trapped in loveless relationships with people you just couldn't get along with and she came back and supported you as you built your life back up to a pretty good one. You end up in the public eye as a successful person and she acts a bit quirky, get's you a few weird looks and the press suggest she might be a bit crazy. You know what? I can put up with someone being a bit quirky when they work that well with me.

But they didnt work well with him. That's why they sacked him.

A bit quirky is Ian Holloway talking about birds in taxis. Pearson was way beyond that.

At 22 you wont have seen the Little era, his exit and how we recovered.

It's disappointing to lose a manager you like but honestly, you get over it and it gets better!

But they didnt work well with him. That's why they sacked him.

A bit quirky is Ian Holloway talking about birds in taxis. Pearson was way beyond that.

At 22 you wont have seen the Little era, his exit and how we recovered.

It's disappointing to lose a manager you like but honestly, you get over it and it gets better!

But the club worked well with him, or rather he worked well with the club. A little quirky is jokes outsiders don't get (McArthur) and bizarro-world comments (Ostrich).

3rd best song written by a paedo imo.

Tell me about it. I often absent-mindedly start whistling it when I'm out and about and then think oh shit I hope people don't think I'm a paedo fan. Mental.

Guest MattP

Tell me about it. I often absent-mindedly start whistling it when I'm out and about and then think oh shit I hope people don't think I'm a paedo fan. Mental.

I was in the bookies last week and didn't realise I'd burst into singing I love you love me love whilst filling a slip out.

The girl behind the counter called me out on it, I hadn't even noticed.

Guest MattP

The more I think about this decision, the stupider it seems and I was massively against it in the first place.

Its an absolute cluster**** innit?

In a list of terrible decisions I have it just above George Michael deciding to take a quick piss in Los Angeles and just below John Wayne Bobbitt's affair.

Archived