Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Horse's Mouth

Pearson Sacked

How you can call anyone knee jerk is beyond me, I think you called for Pearson's head in September, before stringer.

Mwahahaha!

It is nice to throw it out there.

Do you agree that its a little bit kneejerk to dub this as a fvck up before we've even appointed the replacement as some are doing?

Mwahahaha!

Do you agree that its a little bit kneejerk to dub this as a fvck up before we've even appointed the replacement as some are doing?

I'd have more faith if the two likely replacements weren't Steve Cotterill and Neil Lennon.

"Once a bully, always a bully. he shouldn't be allowed back in the dugout". - Trevor Sinclair.

"Once a shit pundit, always a shit pundit. He shouldn't be allowed back on tele". - AKCJ

Mwahahaha!

When it looks a comfortable bet that the replacement is going to be a shit championship manager, no.

Steve Cotterill is not likely. No idea why his name is on there but it wont be him.

Well Steve Allardyce is unlikely to come back yet, Moyes has an outside chance, leaving us with Lennon.

As if people are touting Di Matteo's UCL win in 2012 as some kind of proof that he's a top notch manager.

Two questions

- Did you watch that final or just see the result?

- Have you seen his track record before and since then?

I wouldn't be crying boycott if he was appointed but to be such a fan on the basis of the luckiest Champions League win since 1999 is ropey at best.

When it looks a comfortable bet that the replacement is going to be a shit championship manager, no.

These are the arguments I dont get.

When we hadnt scored for a million minutes, upteen games without a win, crap football, stupid formations, bottom of the league, fans being told to FOAD, those who wanted Pearson gone were told to not be fickle and give him a chance.

Now people are condemning an unknown man to failure.

Ridiculous.

As if people are touting Di Matteo's UCL win in 2012 as some kind of proof that he's a top notch manager.

Two questions

- Did you watch that final or just see the result?

- Have you seen his track record before and since then?

I wouldn't be crying boycott if he was appointed but to be such a fan on the basis of the luckiest Champions League win since 1999 is ropey at best.

I always thought he did a decent job at West Brom and his style of football is not to disimilar to Pearson's was at Leicester. That performance in the CL Final was abysmal but they won it and you can't really argue with that. Reading in to his time at Schalke it's not the disaster people think, he did alright there. He's certainly not god reincarnated but i'd rather he got it than someone like Lennon whom is yet to really achieve anything of note either.

Mwahahaha!

The situation is a **** up in my opinion - we've sacked our manager just before pre-season, we've got no-one lined up to replace him and we've got a list of candidates that are either depressing beyond belief, or so wildly unrealistic it's laughable. It's not even the sacking that's the worst bit, it's just the complete lack of any clear plan or strategy at a time when we need to be preparing for what will be a long, hard season. So yeah, at this moment in time, I'd say it's a **** up.

The situation is a **** up in my opinion - we've sacked our manager just before pre-season, we've got no-one lined up to replace him and we've got a list of candidates that are either depressing beyond belief, or so wildly unrealistic it's laughable. It's not even the sacking that's the worst bit, it's just the complete lack of any clear plan or strategy at a time when we need to be preparing for what will be a long, hard season. So yeah, at this moment in time, I'd say it's a **** up.

Lennon will be approached in the next few days. No doubt he will accept.

These are the arguments I dont get.

When we hadnt scored for a million minutes, upteen games without a win, crap football, stupid formations, bottom of the league, fans being told to FOAD, those who wanted Pearson gone were told to not be fickle and give him a chance.

Now people are condemning an unknown man to failure.

Ridiculous.

Except for the most part it wasn't crap football, we were competitive and shooting ourselves in the foot or getting done over by referees more often than we were just clearly second best. 

Because it's fairly certain we're going to be appointing a proven failure.

No, what was ridiculous was sacking statistically one of our best ever managers to replace him with what is 99% certain to be a backwards move. 

So, we can only wish we had no-one lined up to replace him then  :(

Mwahahaha!

Our most desperate need is midfield. Already it seems likely that Pearson's sacking has put paid to the 2 midfielder that we looked likely to sign (Cambiasso and Kante). I can't imagine we will be in a position to try to pursue any more transfers for about another 3 weeks. During that time other clubs will be picking up quality midfielder, as they are doing at present, so that by the time we come back into the market the number of available quality midfielder will be much reduced. We currently have only King, Hammond and Drinkwater, a big degradation on our (inadequate) options of last season.

Don't you think that's reason enough to be pessimistic?

Even if that is true, and I'm not going to take the word of some random off of a football forum, then it's even more of a **** up than I just described. Replacing the man who's just guided us to 14th in our first season back in the Premier League, with a manager whose career highlight is surviving a bombardment from Barcelona to earn the flukiest win of all time. A man who finished last season 18th in the Championship with ****ing Bolton.

And people don't think this is a **** up? Amazing.

Even if that is true, and I'm not going to take the word of some random off of a football forum, then it's even more of a **** up than I just described. Replacing the man who's just guided us to 14th in our first season back in the Premier League, with a manager whose career highlight is surviving a bombardment from Barcelona to earn the flukiest win of all time. A man who finished last season 18th in the Championship with ****ing Bolton.

And people don't think this is a **** up? Amazing.

And the really worrying thing is that they probably think appointing Lennon will appease the fans. Which, frankly, is a shit reason for hiring someone, and won't work anyway.

Unless they actually think he's the best man for the job, which is prob even more worrying.

Archived