Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Horse's Mouth

Pearson Sacked

No-one's listening, Webbo. With forum opinion overwhelmingly in favour of Pearson people are going to keep coming back to him.

Several people have tried to make your point and you ought to have noticed that we aren't interested. The conversations are going to continue. Get over it.

Nothng wrong with discussing these things but the level of hysteria on here is cringeworthy.

It's possible to dislike Pearson and still be a decent human being. Its possible that the owners sacked him because thet genuinely believed it was in the best interest of the club. It's possible that the next manager will do a better job than Pearson.

He's gone, he's not coming back. Get over it.

No Webbo, in the eyes of many posters, it just is not possible.

No-one can ever do a better job than Pearson.

Ever...

:blink:

It's possible to dislike Pearson and still be a decent human being. Its possible that the owners sacked him because thet genuinely believed it was in the best interest of the club. It's possible that the next manager will do a better job than Pearson.

He's gone, he's not coming back. Get over it.

Can you think Pearson is the best man for our club and not be deemed cringeworthy?

Not commented since the whole incident but I'm just as annoyed, angry, upset and pissed off as everyone else. No point going into detail as everything that needs to be said has been said already. I still cling on to hope that the equvelent of April fool's day in Thailand stretches over a week at this time of year lol.

Pearson's results record was very good. That's a fact.

His PR often wasn't very good. That's a fact too.

Will we be better or worse without him? No-one knows.

Just get behind the new man, whoever it is, and hopefully things will work out.

If you mean Hiddink then I'm guessing a 24 page thread on him must have past you by.

http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/topic/101392-guus-hiddink/

Think one thing the whole Pearson saga shows is that the media are very powerful, scarily so. I don't get how people are this offended by his supposed antics. I'm not saying he's done nothing - he's done some pretty daft stuff, but a bully? Where's this supposed arrogance come from? Can someone seriously explain how Pearson is arrogant? Have I got a completely wrong definition of the word?

He treats people who try and disrupt what he does with contempt. I don't see any problem with that.

Anyone who thinks Pat Murphy 'beat' him is an absolute moron.

Very disappointing to read Kasabian slagging him off now. I can't believe after the crap he's got us out of that actual Leicester fans are more bothered by his attitude towards people who don't care about Leicester - but themselves.

Backwards.

Good post Charlie. except for the fact it's all rubbish, "Ducky."   :rolleyes:

Because he's our equivalent of Trigger from Only Fools And Horses

Maybe I need to re watch but I remember trigger as a lovable idiot, not a sour eejit.

Good post Charlie. except for the fact it's all rubbish, "Ducky."   :rolleyes:

Because you don't like pearson for some unfathomable reason, but what Dan has said is bang on

Hiddink would be a fantastic appointment... Imagine a top quality player mulling a move to LCFC... Do I want to play for the ex Sheff Weds Centre half or do I want to play for Hiddink?? Pearson has gone, it's over. Here is an opportunity to raise our sights above a relegation scramble

Yeah, I suppose that's why our move for Cambiasso fell through last year...

You mean like Pearson had to do every season with the ****** that come in here.

He did not have a clean slate even in our championship winning season.

The best manager in the world could come to our club and some fvcker would slag him off.

Exactly.

And to make matters worse, the reason that Pearson wasn't given a fair chance by those ****** was nothing more than them taking a dislike to him based on what? The fact that he wasn't a big enough name for them? His personality, when they'd never met him? His trainers? Face? Haircut? Trivia, in a word.

He wasn't being unfairly judged at the beginning of his two stays based on results. How could he have been, when he was following the Holloway and Sven disasters?

If people think the new manager does get judged harshly by people who appreciate the great work that NP did here, it will be, in reality, because our expectations have been raised so high by the success that he brought. People are going to want to see us push on now to justify getting rid of one of the best managers this club has ever had. If we are involved in a relegation scrap after finishing 14th, people will have plenty to say, I'm sure. If we spend a fortune, there'll only be even more scrutiny.

How does that work?? We all judge other managers on their perceived merits don't we?

Hiddink would be a fantastic appointment... Imagine a top quality player mulling a move to LCFC... Do I want to play for the ex Sheff Weds Centre half or do I want to play for Hiddink?? Pearson has gone, it's over. Here is an opportunity to raise our sights above a relegation scramble

People said that about Sousa/Sven.

Pearson didn't want Robinson gone because he knew Rudkin was taking his place and they don't get on .

Robinson was useless to be honest... we have landed targets early with Rudkin and being linked with quality ... Austin would be an amazing buy, especially with the likes of albrighton, vardy and mahrez to supply ... I can't see in anyway how Pearson would prefer Robinson

Robinson was useless to be honest... we have landed targets early with Rudkin and being linked with quality ... Austin would be an amazing buy, especially with the likes of albrighton, vardy and mahrez to supply ... I can't see in anyway how Pearson would prefer Robinson

But Robinson was working under a different set of circumstances. We are now a premier league team with one years experience and are not favourite for the drop, put we pulled cambiasso last year (under terry) with gives us some curb appeal. 

i know this post is a waste of time. It's my last on the matter

some liked pearson

some hated pearson

its now irrelevant - he's gone!

Some blame the owners

some blame Pearson

some blame the press

some blame the Thailand three

some blame the Ostrich

it's now irrelevant - he's gone

some think it's gonna turn out for the best

some think it's the beginning of the end

it's relevant but will only be answered in time

For me now, we draw a line on the past. 

We do now need to back the club, the owners, the new guy and give them all a fair chance and continue to do so whether it goes really well or pear shaped because even if it does go pear shaped, re-opening this debate will achieve as much then as it does now !! Nothing !

This was never going to be a popular decision. Whether the owners are justified in sacking him and have valid reasons they need to explain themselves. By keeping quiet and sacking possibly our best manager ever is just going to infuriate us fans even further. The fans are just asking for a valid explanation. 

I think this decision will never be digested by many Leicester fans, and should we struggle even more next season it will make the fans turn on the club and the owners. Do not get me wrong, these owners are fantastic, and the amount they have invested and continue to invest is very impressive. We are ever so lucky. But at the same time, if we feel that any of their decisions are wrong, we cannot turn a blind eye. I'm sorry but from a footballing perspective, the sacking was a bad decision. Ultimately that is all that counts. In ten years time, no one will care about the sex tape incident. But if this leads to relegation and another stagnant period in our history, well the owners will not be held in high regard. 

Archived