Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Horse's Mouth

Pearson Sacked

But the club worked well with him, or rather he worked well with the club. A little quirky is jokes outsiders don't get (McArthur) and bizarro-world comments (Ostrich).

All we know is what we've been told and what we've been told is the relationship got to a point that they couldnt tolerate anymore. It happened when Pearson left last time. Successful on the pitch but behind the scenes, they couldnt work with him.

We know that the owners have showed faith with him (Pearson oversaw two of the worst runs in our clubs history) and even reversed a sacking. This isnt some spur of the moment decision. If it were, they would have done it a long time ago. Something has been brewing and they've past the point of no return.

People want to know what's gone on but to be honest, do you really? If something has gone on that slights his character would you really want to know or would you prefer to just be happy with the memory?

I can understand people being upset at Pearson going but those who arent too bothered are happy to credit him with the work he's done but those unhappy at him going cant seem to bring themselves to admit that Nigel may just have actually been the complete **** he made himself out to be so the owners had enough!

I was in the bookies last week and didn't realise I'd burst into singing I love you love me love whilst filling a slip out.

The girl behind the counter called me out on it, I hadn't even noticed.

I spent 6 months convincing my band to cover 'Rock and Roll'. 'It'll be fine' I said.

Didnt even get past the intro.

All we know is what we've been told and what we've been told is the relationship got to a point that they couldnt tolerate anymore. It happened when Pearson left last time. Successful on the pitch but behind the scenes, they couldnt work with him.

We know that the owners have showed faith with him (Pearson oversaw two of the worst runs in our clubs history) and even reversed a sacking. This isnt some spur of the moment decision. If it were, they would have done it a long time ago. Something has been brewing and they've past the point of no return.

People want to know what's gone on but to be honest, do you really? If something has gone on that slights his character would you really want to know or would you prefer to just be happy with the memory?

I can understand people being upset at Pearson going but those who arent too bothered are happy to credit him with the work he's done but those unhappy at him going cant seem to bring themselves to admit that Nigel may just have actually been the complete **** he made himself out to be so the owners had enough!

It must be though as he has been signing players just last week.

Folk are too easy to make this a pro/anti Pearson argument.

Fundamentally, my main issue is with the timing of it and how we are attempting to put the club onto the 'next level'. That's difficult to achieve with a new manager who has 4/5 weeks pre season to assess the squad and as a result we lose track on transfer targets.

But they didnt work well with him. That's why they sacked him.

A bit quirky is Ian Holloway talking about birds in taxis. Pearson was way beyond that.

At 22 you wont have seen the Little era, his exit and how we recovered.

It's disappointing to lose a manager you like but honestly, you get over it and it gets better!

I was around in the Little era. I remember us getting relegated after he left.

I was around in the Little era. I remember us getting relegated after he left.

And we recovered to our most successful period in the clubs history.

Point being, yes Pearson was a good manager but making out like there are dark days ahead is a tad negative.

ITK Alert!! Cue angry responses....

I feel as if this almost warrants its own thread but I'll post it in here first and let the Admins decide.

Short and long is that I know someone who has as good an inside knowledge as you can get at Leicester City. I don't see him often anymore but by chance I bumped into him this evening and he told me that Pearson and the owners came to a standstill on a certain issue (I'm assuming his son) and that they agreed mutually to part company, though Pearson requested that it was announced as a sacking. It sounds crazy to me but I have to believe this guy because everything he has told me over the last decade has been true.

I will let you make your own mind up, though it's worth mentioning that the only he's said that I've ever posted is that we were being bought out by a Thai consortium (see below link). I posted that before people even knew we were up for sale and weeks before people knew it would be by Thais:

http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/topic/66648-is-a-takeover-in-the-offing/?hl=owner

Completely up to you whether you believe it or not...

ITK Alert!! Cue angry responses....

I feel as if this almost warrants its own thread but I'll post it in here first and let the Admins decide.

Short and long is that I know someone who has as good an inside knowledge as you can get at Leicester City. I don't see him often anymore but by chance I bumped into him this evening and he told me that Pearson and the owners came to a standstill on a certain issue (I'm assuming his son) and that they agreed mutually to part company, though Pearson requested that it was announced as a sacking. It sounds crazy to me but I have to believe this guy because everything he has told me over the last decade has been true.

I will let you make your own mind up, though it's worth mentioning that the only he's said that I've ever posted is that we were being bought out by a Thai consortium (see below link). I posted that before people even knew we were up for sale and weeks before people knew it would be by Thais:

http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/topic/66648-is-a-takeover-in-the-offing/?hl=owner

Completely up to you whether you believe it or not...

If there is any truth in it , then Pearson wouldn't be seeking legal action against his sacking

If there is any truth in it , then Pearson wouldn't be seeking legal action against his sacking

And he couldn't have found out 'out of the blue' or 'over the phone'. But who knows which journalist has been busying himself making things up?

If the Thai's came out and explained their reasons for the sacking, would anyone actually listen or even give a shit what they say no matter what the reason was?

I get the distinct impression no matter what their reasons are, no one would accept them because they resulted in the sacking of Nigel Pearson. So that automatically makes their reasoning flawed and a joke.

If the Thai's came out and explained their reasons for the sacking, would anyone actually listen or even give a shit what they say no matter what the reason was?

I get the distinct impression no matter what their reasons are, no one would accept them because they resulted in the sacking of Nigel Pearson. So that automatically makes their reasoning flawed and a joke.

If they came out and had evidence of Pearson committing a Malk Mackay level offence then sure, they won't though.

If they came out and had evidence of Pearson committing a Malk Mackay level offence then sure, they won't though.

Exhibit A: Posts like this. You already dont give a toss what their reasons are.

Our new manager has absolutely no chance has he, lets be honest. Look at this messageboard. Itll be one big wankfest of grieving until he is inevitably hounded out for not being Nigel Pearson and will be given absolutely no chance to have a poor performance, lose a game, or do anything.

Itll only be the manager AFTER the manager that replaces Nigel Pearson thatll have any chance of winning anyone over here.

Exhibit A: Posts like this. You already dont give a toss what their reasons are.

Our new manager has absolutely no chance has he, lets be honest. Look at this messageboard. Itll be one big wankfest of grieving until he is inevitably hounded out for not being Nigel Pearson and will be given absolutely no chance to have a poor performance, lose a game, or do anything.

Itll only be the manager AFTER the manager that replaces Nigel Pearson thatll have any chance of winning anyone over here.

I think you could be right you know.

Seems most want the next manager to fail to be proved right.

Exactly.

Everyone claiming to be supporters of the CLUB, then show it.

Next season will just be the Pearsonite v Non Pearsonite arguments rumbling on next season in reverse.

Sadly you are probably right, it isn't going to be the next managers fault why Pearson was sacked, it is important we get behind whoever it is and give him a chance to start something new here...

Exactly.

Next season will just be the Pearsonite v Non Pearsonite arguments rumbling on next season in reverse.

This....

The starting point may well be criticism and 'hatred'....and the counter argument will be give him a chance and he might not be that bad.

As you say, like Pearson v anti Pearson, but in reverse.

Seems most want the next manager to fail to be proved right.

Exactly.

Sadly you are probably right, it isn't going to be the next managers fault why Pearson was sacked, it is important we get behind whoever it is and give him a chance to start something new here...

This....

The starting point may well be criticism and 'hatred'....and the counter argument will be give him a chance and he might not be that bad.

As you say, like Pearson v anti Pearson, but in reverse.

Wind it in lads.  People are annoyed that we've lost a good thing we had going in Nigel.  Obviously we all hope his successor will be just as decent, better even, but it's understandable we'd be dubious that such a person will be brought in.  The thing about the "Pearsonites" is that they always saw what was and weren't blinded by irrational hatred for somebody, so there's absolutely no reason to suggest they'd do differently with other managers.  I'd suggest some of you are projecting your own behaviour here.

Exactly.

Well said

Apparently I'm not allowed to say good post buddy or a load of spotty teenagers start to get sarky

I just hope the next person coming in is better than NP which I can't see happening I live in Bolton and a lot of the Bolton fans seem to the Neil lennon is never leaving them but if am honest I don't think I would want an lcfc icon come and manage us cos he may lose that icon status in some fans eye if something bad happens

Guest MattP

People will support the team still.

They aren't going to stay silent though if this does go wrong, people have opinions - they aren't robots.

To get rid of a successful manager for a failure once was tragic but forgivable, to do it twice would be senseless and totally unforgivable.

People will support the team still.

They aren't going to stay silent though if this does go wrong, people have opinions - they aren't robots.

To get rid of a successful manager for a failure once was tragic but forgivable, to do it twice would be senseless and totally unforgivable.

You are another person then that is not willing to accept the Thai's reasons for sacking him which could and most likely are highly credible.

You cant look beyond Nigel Pearson has gone.

Archived