Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Horse's Mouth

Pearson Sacked

Exhibit A: Posts like this. You already dont give a toss what their reasons are.

Our new manager has absolutely no chance has he, lets be honest. Look at this messageboard. Itll be one big wankfest of grieving until he is inevitably hounded out for not being Nigel Pearson and will be given absolutely no chance to have a poor performance, lose a game, or do anything.

Itll only be the manager AFTER the manager that replaces Nigel Pearson thatll have any chance of winning anyone over here.

Bit ironic considering there's a sizeable amount of people on this board who have wanted Pearson out since day one, simply for the crime of being Nigel Pearson. They'll be the same ones imploring us all to 'give the new guy a chance' and to 'get behind the team' now no doubt too. 

You are another person then that is not willing to accept the Thai's reasons for sacking him which could and most likely are highly credible.

You cant look beyond Nigel Pearson has gone.

Well they won't tell us, and all we've got to go on is what they tell us - clearly not for footballing reasons. So if they've sacked him, and his replacement performs poorly then they can't really have any complaints if we're pissed off with them if they won't give us these 'highly credible' reasons as to why they sacked Pearson in the first place.

You are another person then that is not willing to accept the Thai's reasons for sacking him which could and most likely are highly credible.

How can he accept their reasons if they haven't told him what they are? Even though Matt like most of us has almost certainly pumped a fair amount of money, by our standards, into this football club.

The fact that they're unwilling to give the fans a good reason for sacking a manager who almost everyone thinks deserves to stay, suggests to me that there is no good reason.

Guest MattP

Well of course I don't accept their reasons, do you really buy the official line? You would have to be so gullible to do so.

Within days of signing two of his top transfers targets for over 10 million pounds the relationship between them breaks down to such an extent that they can't work together anymore?

Add to that by huge coincidence the top target to replace him also handed in his resignation hours before they sacked him.

Come on, use your brain, this is taking delusion to an extraordinary level.

Bit ironic considering there's a sizeable amount of people on this board who have wanted Pearson out since day one, simply for the crime of being Nigel Pearson. They'll be the same ones imploring us all to 'give the new guy a chance' and to 'get behind the team' now no doubt too. 

I have gained the reputation of being anti Pearson for suggesting id have changed the manager last season.

But i have also been balanced in praising him through the great escape and what he has done for the club in an undoubted period of success over both spells.

You only have to look at the tone of your post to see that clearly, there will be huge factions in the support that are, AGAIN going to spend all season engaged in petty clashes. You (the supposed "pro Pearson from your tone) ready to hammer the supposed "anti" Pearson fan to not give the new manager a chance and implement his ideas.

Can we SUPPORT THE TEAM. This kind of junk within our fanbase has to stop.

Well of course I don't accept their reasons, do you really buy the official line? You would have to be so gullible to do so.

Within days of signing two of his top transfers targets for over 10 million pounds the relationship between them breaks down to such an extent that they can't work together anymore?

Add to that by huge coincidence the top target to replace him also handed in his resignation hours before they sacked him.

Well there you go then, i said earlier in the thread why bother coming out with their reasons if no one cares anyway, its a point perfectly illustrated by yourself.

I have gained the reputation of being anti Pearson for suggesting id have changed the manager last season.

But i have also been balanced in praising him through the great escape and what he has done for the club in an undoubted period of success over both spells.

You only have to look at the tone of your post to see that clearly, there will be huge factions in the support that are, AGAIN going to spend all season engaged in petty clashes. You (the supposed "pro Pearson from your tone) ready to hammer the supposed "anti" Pearson fan to not give the new manager a chance and implement his ideas.

I agree we all need to support the team rather than all this petty Pearson stuff

We're discussing Nigel Pearson in the 'Pearson Sacked' thread and you're surprised that the Pro/Anti-Pearson divide is visible?

I don't have a ****ing clue why you think that will influence future debates about future managers. Any new manager will be judged on his own merits, and I don't see anyone blaming them for a decision made by the owners. Personally I can see myself feeling pretty apathetic about the new manager next season, because we shouldn't have one, but I certainly won't be booing them or making rash judgements about them which is generally the motif of fans who turned on the best manager we've had for years.

I spent much of last season saying the same to many posters on this board, only to be called a 'Pearsonite' and worse. Finding it pretty funny now the shoe's on the other foot to be honest. THIS IZ LESTA CITY, NOT HIDDINK FC, YOU HIDDINKITE. I SUPPORT LESTA CITY. NOT HIDDINK FC.

We're discussing Nigel Pearson in the 'Pearson Sacked' thread and you're surprised that the Pro/Anti-Pearson divide is visible?

I don't have a ****ing clue why you think that will influence future debates about future managers. Any new manager will be judged on his own merits, and I don't see anyone blaming them for a decision made by the owners. Personally I can see myself feeling pretty apathetic about the new manager next season, because we shouldn't have one, but I certainly won't be booing them or making rash judgements about them which is generally the motif of fans who turned on the best manager we've had for years.

The whole point of the post is the exact opposite, the new manager will not be viewed on his own merits. He will be viewed as "Nigel Pearsons Replacement" and will carry that tag like a millstone around his neck every time he loses a game or does something different to Pearson.

If the Thai's came out and explained their reasons for the sacking, would anyone actually listen or even give a shit what they say no matter what the reason was?

I get the distinct impression no matter what their reasons are, no one would accept them because they resulted in the sacking of Nigel Pearson. So that automatically makes their reasoning flawed and a joke.

You're projecting. There are scenarios where the sacking would be justified, mandatory even (if he did support the actions of his son and the other two then sorry but that's unforgivable as far as I'm concerned) but we've not been told them. If it comes to light that there was a good reason then I'll agree with this more, right now though all we've got is a successful manager sacked and a vague statement which essentially says they disagreed with each other, no hints as to what over, on the face of what we've got, disappointment and a slight feeling of betrayal is the rational response.

The whole point of the post is the exact opposite, the new manager will not be viewed on his own merits. He will be viewed as "Nigel Pearsons Replacement" and will carry that tag like a millstone around his neck every time he loses a game or does something different to Pearson.

Can we get something straight here, you are the one who proved last year that you're not willing to give a manager a full season to prove themselves. You are the one who wasn't willing to give a manager time to adapt to a new situation. You are the one who failed to support the team, by calling for their very good manager to go, when they needed your support most.

How dare you decide that I and other people who supported Pearson because we could see the good work he was doing and the progress we were making, are not going to judge a new manager fairly.

Can we get something straight here, you are the one who proved last year that you're not willing to give a manager a full season to prove themselves. You are the one who wasn't willing to give a manager time to adapt to a new situation. You are the one who failed to support the team, by calling for their very good manager to go, when they needed your support most.

How dare you decide that I and other people who supported Pearson because we could see the good work he was doing and the progress we were making, are not going to judge a new manager fairly.

Spot on. Shockingly hypocritical.

It's like you want to have fights over the new manager before we've even brought them in.  Judging from your attitude I'm going to be optimistic and say that if this manager proves adequate, he could be the one to unite the fanbase, what with all these Anti-Pearsonites so desperate to be on the manager's side this time around judging by the way they're trying to draw their little battle lines.

I thought that we had a better chance of success last season by changing the manager. I thought relationships had deteriorated, the squad look dead and buried, and Pearson himself was acting like a man who was unstable.

I was proved wrong, he masterminded a great escape. Hold my hands up. My judgement call was wrong.

But that doesnt mean i wasnt supporting the team, i wasnt actively wishing failure on my own club, i didnt "fail" to support the team, so please dont tar me with that brush.

But you can see around the forum that from various posters, there will be a considerable degree of "winning over" that the new manager is going to have to do. He isnt starting with a clean slate and i dont think its being too outlandish suggesting that.

I thought that we had a better chance of success last season by changing the manager. I thought relationships had deteriorated, the squad look dead and buried, and Pearson himself was acting like a man who was unstable.

I was proved wrong, he masterminded a great escape. Hold my hands up. My judgement call was wrong.

But that doesnt mean i wasnt supporting the team, i wasnt actively wishing failure on my own club, i didnt "fail" to support the team, so please dont tar me with that brush.

But you can see around the forum that from various posters, there will be a considerable degree of "winning over" that the new manager is going to have to do. He isnt starting with a clean slate and i dont think its being too outlandish suggesting that.

Definitely, and entirely understandably so. None of which is his fault, and is entirely down to our owners.

It's the owners who need to win me over (good luck). I almost always start with basically no opinion (an ill-informed one that I won't hold onto) of a new manager and their actions shape that. I think it's the same for most people.

Of course a manager will be judged on whether they take a club forwards or backwards (they all are at every club), and it'll be more difficult for the next manager because they'll be judged against us being a decent Prem side because of Nigel, as opposed to an average Championship side or strong League One side when Pearson took over. But that's the case whether you were pro or anti Pearson.

So I'm still pretty unhappy with your suggestion that people like me are going to be instantly negative about a new manager, when unlike you I gave our last manager a fair shot.

Guest ttfn

I think you're giving the Thais way too much credit there Matt. What I've "heard" is that they basically didn't even know where to start when they sacked/"parted company with" Pearson. It's not part of some grand evil master plan, they've just got absolutely no idea what they're doing and Hiddink happens to be available.

I think you're giving the Thais way too much credit there Matt. What I've "heard" is that they basically didn't even know where to start when they sacked/"parted company with" Pearson. It's not part of some grand evil master plan, they've just got absolutely no idea what they're doing and Hiddink happens to be available.

A point I made yesterday.

I don't think the Thais have much of a scooby

This

I will support the new manager whoever it is. It is not as if they will come here intending to fail. And the players will want to impress him as in general no player wants to be a bench warmer, well not at a mid table PL side. They will set out their ambitions to the board and the board will set out their expectations. So failure is not an option they will list as a choice.

Masterminded may be a little strong.

We were not relegated. His team selections were bewildering for weeks and most times laughable.

Yes the penny dropped but it seemed to take for ages for him to realise who plays best where, how.and with whom.

In the same way MON was seen as a genius, he had to go with a back three. Taggart, Elliot and Walsh...who would you leave out.? Same with Pearson. Add two speedy wing backs, controller in midfield (Lennon with MON) the rest follows.

Eventually this was realized, remember many of the key players in the run in couldn't get a game.

Archived