Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Horse's Mouth

Pearson Sacked

Can we get something straight here, you are the one who proved last year that you're not willing to give a manager a full season to prove themselves. You are the one who wasn't willing to give a manager time to adapt to a new situation. You are the one who failed to support the team, by calling for their very good manager to go, when they needed your support most.

How dare you decide that I and other people who supported Pearson because we could see the good work he was doing and the progress we were making, are not going to judge a new manager fairly.

Exactly this! Do some people think you'll just forget the crap they post

Kasabian seem pleased about it...

I don't care if he was they thought he was a twat, he was our most successful manager in years and he deserves more respect than snarly comments after his sacking.

One does not simply slag off one of our best ever managers and then ask for Neil Lennon.

I don't care if he was they thought he was a twat, he was our most successful manager in years and he deserves more respect than snarly comments after his sacking.

One does not simply slag off one of our best ever managers and then ask for Neil Lennon.

Expert opinion here....

Masterminded may be a little strong.

We were not relegated. His team selections were bewildering for weeks and most times laughable.

Yes the penny dropped but it seemed to take for ages for him to realise who plays best where, how.and with whom.

In the same way MON was seen as a genius, he had to go with a back three. Taggart, Elliot and Walsh...who would you leave out.? Same with Pearson. Add two speedy wing backs, controller in midfield (Lennon with MON) the rest follows.

Eventually this was realized, remember many of the key players in the run in couldn't get a game.

We were playing 3 at the back well before we signed Taggart.

I thought that we had a better chance of success last season by changing the manager. I thought relationships had deteriorated, the squad look dead and buried, and Pearson himself was acting like a man who was unstable.

I was proved wrong, he masterminded a great escape. Hold my hands up. My judgement call was wrong.

But that doesnt mean i wasnt supporting the team, i wasnt actively wishing failure on my own club, i didnt "fail" to support the team, so please dont tar me with that brush.

But you can see around the forum that from various posters, there will be a considerable degree of "winning over" that the new manager is going to have to do. He isnt starting with a clean slate and i dont think its being too outlandish suggesting that.

You mean like Pearson had to do every season with the ****** that come in here.

He did not have a clean slate even in our championship winning season.

The best manager in the world could come to our club and some fvcker would slag him off.

So we could surmise that his sacking was nothing to do with his son but all to do with how the club was run on the football side with Rudkin as a fully fledge Director of Football responsible for every aspect of the football side of the club including player acquisitions except picking the 1st team. I'd suggest that's what pissed of Pearson  he may have won the battle to get rid of Robinson but lost the battle of Rudkin.

Just a thought.

So we could surmise that his sacking was nothing to do with his son but all to do with how the club was run on the football side with Rudkin as a fully fledge Director of Football responsible for every aspect of the football side of the club including player acquisitions except picking the 1st team. I'd suggest that's what pissed of Pearson  he may have won the battle to get rid of Robinson but lost the battle of Rudkin.

Just a thought.

seems logical...

Can you imagine big Nige reacting well to being told that!?!? No wonder it was a phone call, they would still be fish Rudkin's head from out of Tops arse hole!

So we can add Kasabian to Lineker, Pat Murphy and anyone else who has dared to criticise Pearson on the FT hate list now?

No we can add Kasabian purely on the basis of their very shit, derivative and uninspiring back catalogue. 

(And on the grounds that Tom Meighan's an insufferable tit) 

So we can add Kasabian to Lineker, Pat Murphy and anyone else who has dared to criticise Pearson on the FT hate list now?

People can criticise him if they want (although they're likely wrong) but to call him arrogant and rude while calling for Lennon is shockingly daft

Just a thought.

Nigel didn't want Robinson to go, in many respects that looks like it could have been the beginning of the end.

Think one thing the whole Pearson saga shows is that the media are very powerful, scarily so. I don't get how people are this offended by his supposed antics. I'm not saying he's done nothing - he's done some pretty daft stuff, but a bully? Where's this supposed arrogance come from? Can someone seriously explain how Pearson is arrogant? Have I got a completely wrong definition of the word?

He treats people who try and disrupt what he does with contempt. I don't see any problem with that.

Anyone who thinks Pat Murphy 'beat' him is an absolute moron.

Very disappointing to read Kasabian slagging him off now. I can't believe after the crap he's got us out of that actual Leicester fans are more bothered by his attitude towards people who don't care about Leicester - but themselves.

Backwards.

People can criticise him if they want (although they're likely wrong) but to call him arrogant and rude while calling for Lennon is shockingly daft

Perhaps they've actually met him?

Nigel didn't want Robinson to go, in many respects that looks like it could have been the beginning of the end.

Well if that's the case then we can surmise that Robinson must have been pushed because he wasn't being enough of a D of E.

Or maybe its the fact that he's waited for Pearson to have left and effectively be powerless to respond before having an unnecessary pop at him personally when six weeks ago they were dancing round the ground singing his praises and hanging round the tunnel and dressing room.

But you can see around the forum that from various posters, there will be a considerable degree of "winning over" that the new manager is going to have to do. He isnt starting with a clean slate and i dont think its being too outlandish suggesting that.

Every manager starts like that, though. Pearson wasn't instantly lauded and given a free pass when he came, he had to start well, win matches and convince people to support him. He managed that.

If the next manager starts with a flourish and intent then the crowd will warm to him. If it's a slow, struggling opening then they might not be so vocally behind him. 

He'll get time to bed in, but I think the owners will be the ones carrying the can should it go wrong next season. When a popular manager is removed the next is always looked on with suspicion and intrigue, but come August 8th the season begins and we'll be backing the team.

It's possible to dislike Pearson and still be a decent human being. Its possible that the owners sacked him because thet genuinely believed it was in the best interest of the club. It's possible that the next manager will do a better job than Pearson.

He's gone, he's not coming back. Get over it.

It's possible to dislike Pearson and still be a decent human being. Its possible that the owners sacked him because thet genuinely believed it was in the best interest of the club. It's possible that the next manager will do a better job than Pearson.

No-one's listening, Webbo. With forum opinion overwhelmingly in favour of Pearson people are going to keep coming back to him.

Several people have tried to make your point and you ought to have noticed that we aren't interested. The conversations are going to continue. Get over it.

Guest MattP

Problem is if they genuinely want us to believe they sacked him as it was in the best interests of the club you would think they would do very quickly after the season ended and send him off with a big thank you, to then sign his players last week and all of a sudden decide this is best for the club two days before pre season training pretty much tells us it's cobblers and this has come about due to some external factor.

Yes he's gone and not coming back, I accept that, but people aren't going to just get over something that doesn't make any sense, even more so given we are once bitten twice shy given what happened three years ago.

The new manager will have my full support.

Archived