Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Horse's Mouth

Pearson Sacked

And you know this how? For all we know Nige could have done/ said anything to the board members. you are blaming folk without any evidence. They have the evidence, they acted on it.

If he had done anything wrong or incriminating, himself as an individual, they would have used it to get rid of him and it would be plastered all over the media. "Oh look at the bad man look what he's done this time". 

Gotta agree with Micky on this one.

The lads could have had a good time and shown restraint and a bit of class.

They let themselves and the club down big time by being silly little plonkers.

So you sack the manager for it? If Nigel Pearson had been involved in anything remotely un-toward in Thailand it would have been splashed all over the newspapers. They are grown men not children, he's not a babysitter. He shouldn't be punished for the owners not being happy with individuals behaviour.

Guest Cujek

HONOUR  :@  :@  :@  :@  :@ 

How dare you insult our culture and beliefs with such spelling!

Because I use predictive text on a galaxy tab, oh and also I dont care about grammer on the internet, no one should.

Anyone reckon it was to do with Okazaki?

Was thinking something similar. Maybe the owners were telling Nige that he had to play Okazaki, and Nige was having none of it. It's not uncommon for owners to interfere in team selection...

If he had done anything wrong or incriminating, himself as an individual, they would have used it to get rid of him and it would be plastered all over the media. "Oh look at the bad man look what he's done this time". 

So you sack the manager for it? If Nigel Pearson had been involved in anything remotely un-toward in Thailand it would have been splashed all over the newspapers. They are grown men not children, he's not a babysitter. He shouldn't be punished for the owners not being happy with individuals behaviour.

I doubt very much he's been sacked for what they did, his reaction to it (or lack of), or his reaction to the clubs sanctions are the more likely.

We will never know the real reason. It's looking like it was linked to the events in Thailand but there must of been more to it, the thing that worrys me is it looked like a quick decision which is why we have nobody lined up.

The tone on this message board moves up and down from suicidal to realism.

Its fairly obvious that Pearson didn't get on with everyone and has proved to be a pain. Its not beyond the stretch of imagination to believe that this would creep in to his relationship with the board. I suspect a tinge of invincibility and being bigger than the club after keeping us up.

They have obviously held back on several occasions for both football and stupid antic reasons. They wouldn't of sacked him lightly imo,  something has stuck a massive nerve that has broken up the relationship.

Sad but I used to found it cringe worthy when he made extra effort to wave and acknowledge them after his last 'sacking'

He'll dust himself off and be fine

Now I've had time to digest the news properly (providing there's not more to it) I've had to start looking at it as if this was real life and not Football,

Imagine Pearson was an Salesman or something. Last year he was constantly missing his targets, week by week went by and he was underperforming immensely. Some of these weekly targets were easy but it didn't matter he still couldn't get anywhere near them. Add to this his behaviour in the office. During the middle of this horrendous run, he mouths off at one of the shareholders who were questioning his performance when most people have to just take it. Also he starts a fight with a rival employee in front of all the bosses for seemingly no reason whatsoever. 

Fortunately just before the end of year review he has 2 blinding months and somehow reaches his yearly target. That isn't the end though, during his good run he has another unprovoked altercation with someone writing a PR piece for the company and then at the end of year party; someone he recommended to the company, seriously disrespects the owners and their culture in public. Then to the publics knowledge he does not come out in condemning the person in the wrong.

When this company are reviewing the year before what are they going to concentrate on? The two good months or the constant battle to repair the reputation of there company? 

If Pearson worked in any other sector he'd have been sacked, not sure football management should be any different

PS. I still didn't want him sacked I'm just trying to make sense of it all  

It's completely different to any other business though.

Every time a manager gets sacked we are told its "a results business". We got the results.

The Thai's are running it just like a business though by the looks of things.

Now I've had time to digest the news properly (providing there's not more to it) I've had to start looking at it as if this was real life and not Football,

Imagine Pearson was an Salesman or something. Last year he was constantly missing his targets, week by week went by and he was underperforming immensely. Some of these weekly targets were easy but it didn't matter he still couldn't get anywhere near them. Add to this his behaviour in the office. During the middle of this horrendous run, he mouths off at one of the shareholders who were questioning his performance when most people have to just take it. Also he starts a fight with a rival employee in front of all the bosses for seemingly no reason whatsoever. 

Fortunately just before the end of year review he has 2 blinding months and somehow reaches his yearly target. That isn't the end though, during his good run he has another unprovoked altercation with someone writing a PR piece for the company and then at the end of year party; someone he recommended to the company, seriously disrespects the owners and their culture in public. Then to the publics knowledge he does not come out in condemning the person in the wrong.

When this company are reviewing the year before what are they going to concentrate on? The two good months or the constant battle to repair the reputation of there company? 

If Pearson worked in any other sector he'd have been sacked, not sure football management should be any different

PS. I still didn't want him sacked I'm just trying to make sense of it all  

So what stage is that? The acceptance stage? Progressing well.

I've not posted on hear for a while but thought it'd be worthwhile sharing what I know.

As most of the media are now reporting the decision was very much not for footballing reasons. As other have pointed out Thai culture is all about culture and respect, which is something the owners had seemingly lost in Nigel

In terms of why, it's all as a result of the Thailand trip; not necessarily the video but more the behaviour of the group (staff included) as a whole. As soon as they got off the plane it was a complete free for all. Yes the video was shameful but the group as a whole acted like it was a club 18 to 30s holiday.

I'm not sure if it's been reported on hear or not but Nugent was sent home only 3 days after they arrived with alcohol poisoning. Others including staff acted inappropriately which was the final straw for the owners. Nigel has taken the blame for the way the group (including him) acted.

Then they should have waited a week for the scallies in our playing staff to get the survival out of their system and then bloodstream before taking them to a country which, like it or not, has built its tourist reputation on hedonism (either seedy Bangkok style, honeymooning, or rich gap-yaah beach-coke-and-cocktails style).

Nugent got pissed after we stayed up? Good-so would I. The only thing NP could have done would be to advise that they provided less free booze/women. And to have never stopped punching Smith for his cameraman dreams.

God, what a depressing reason for getting rid of the best manager we've had in 15 years, and the second best (as it stood) that we've had in almost 50.

So what stage is that? The acceptance stage? Progressing well.

Yes unfortunately,

I'm trying to justify this in my head to make me feel a bit better,

Looking at the possible replacements candidates has worsened my state somewhat, so scrambling for reason is all I have currently

In my opinion the sack was due to one of the following factors:

1) Pearson Snr was holding the camera in THAT hotel room

2) Pearson Snr volunteered to do the iMovie edit for his son before distributing it in the UK

3) Pearson Snr had hooked THE LADS up with the girls without realizing that they were relatives of the owners

4) Pearson Snr, CS and SW held a parallell orgy in the next room which was streamed live on Thai TV

Seriously though, wild speculation such as this is as close as we will ever get so we might as well enjoy it.

The club will make no further comment - period.

I would suspect that the RICH and POWERFUL in Thailand are not often expected to explain themselves to the lesser folk.

Normally, when a manager of ours is sacked I'm excited because on the whole most of them deserved to be. When a manager of ours leaves on his own accord to fulfil his own agenda I feel betrayed, angry and apathetic about the next appointment.

Needless to say this time its the other way round, I'm wounded.

What we were building was special and Pearson takes great credit and all respect from me for doing so.

There's genuinely only two names that would excite me and there's absolutely Bob hope of getting either. klopp and Montella.

Offer either of them 6 million a year and a 60 million war chest, maybe that would whet their appetite.

Then (knowing our luck) we sit back and watch it spectacularly blow up in our fooking faces.

Seriously though, I don't want Lennon or allardyce, the owners can bang the drum all they want about being ambitious to their homeland, well nows the time to show the world and us loyal Leicester city fans just how ambitious they really are

Although I've never been in the hysteria group, I'm very concerned who's going to replace Nigel. The man has a ton of faults and may have made his job untenable with the thai's but I'm scared that all this hard work is going to come undone. He's been at our club for a long while in football terms and really built something that we've not had for over a decade when the last twat set the ball rolling on the road to destruction.

I don't have any faith in the Thai's appointing an upgrade on Pearson, heck I'd even take someone considered as good as him right now like Allardyce.

I'm really, really scared.

Although I've never been in the hysteria group, I'm very concerned who's going to replace Nigel. The man has a ton of faults and may have made his job untenable with the thai's but I'm scared that all this hard work is going to come undone. He's been at our club for a long while in football terms and really built something that we've not had for over a decade when the last twat set the ball rolling on the road to destruction.

I don't have any faith in the Thai's appointing an upgrade on Pearson, heck I'd even take someone considered as good as him right now like Allardyce.

I'm really, really scared.

Agreed, and I honestly think the next manager is destined to fail. 

The footballing side of the club is ran NPs way. A new manager will want, and need, to change things, but they'll be given next to no time to settle in before fans start to turn on whoever it is. Nigel has left some very big shoes to fill and some very high expectations.

Archived