Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Horse's Mouth

Pearson Sacked

This was never going to be a popular decision. Whether the owners are justified in sacking him and have valid reasons they need to explain themselves. By keeping quiet and sacking possibly our best manager ever is just going to infuriate us fans even further. The fans are just asking for a valid explanation. 

I think this decision will never be digested by many Leicester fans, and should we struggle even more next season it will make the fans turn on the club and the owners. Do not get me wrong, these owners are fantastic, and the amount they have invested and continue to invest is very impressive. We are ever so lucky. But at the same time, if we feel that any of their decisions are wrong, we cannot turn a blind eye. I'm sorry but from a footballing perspective, the sacking was a bad decision. Ultimately that is all that counts. In ten years time, no one will care about the sex tape incident. But if this leads to relegation and another stagnant period in our history, well the owners will not be held in high regard. 

I agree mate - I'm gutted too, less gutted if we can hold on to the rest of the management team as I think the success we have enjoyed is a result of team Pearson and not the individual. 

right now we all all the right people and procedures in the club to be a success, The players have lost their leader but not the full leadership team.

I'm just at that point where I feel we need to accept that what is done ..is done, not like it, accept it as it's not going to change and my concern is that this will get dredged up every time we lose a game, get a nil nil draw, win playing badly. if it escalates and the relationship between club and fans deteriorates, then in turn results will deteriorate and the club will regress. 

We need to draw a line and move on positively now by getting behind those that remain!

Hi all, just signed up after a couple of years reading this forum.

I have been a supporter since Brian Little was in charge many moons ago and two things strike me about our current situation. Although I am devastated about Pearson being sacked (he is my favourite ever LCFC manager) I have to also balance that with the fact that the Thai's are incredibly successful businessmen and did not come to be so by accident. A billion pounds does not just appear in your bank account they have pumped unreal amounts of money into our club and as much as it pains me to say it, maybe they know something that we don't about Nigel Pearson. I think Nig has been phenomenal in his two tenures with the club, but Vichai and Top did not just wake up one day and decide to get rid. I don't have a theory and as I said before, Big Nig is in my humble opinion, the best we've ever had but these guys are in the top 1% of what they do, unfortunately these days, footy is a business and as important as the game, we have some of the best owners in world football and should trust them completely, that is all/

Not written by Top

I have been a supporter since Brian Little was in charge many moons ago and two things strike me about our current situation. Although I am devastated about Pearson being sacked (he is my favourite ever LCFC manager) I have to also balance that with the fact that the Thai's are incredibly successful businessmen and did not come to be so by accident. A billion pounds does not just appear in your bank account they have pumped unreal amounts of money into our club and as much as it pains me to say it, maybe they know something that we don't about Nigel Pearson. I think Nig has been phenomenal in his two tenures with the club, but Vichai and Top did not just wake up one day and decide to get rid. I don't have a theory and as I said before, Big Nig is in my humble opinion, the best we've ever had but these guys are in the top 1% of what they do, unfortunately these days, footy is a business and as important as the game, we have some of the best owners in world football and should trust them completely, that is all/

Not written by Top

Hi mate

I think the issue was that BIG NIG wasn't enough of a BIG WIG

I agree mate - I'm gutted too, less gutted if we can hold on to the rest of the management team as I think the success we have enjoyed is a result of team Pearson and not the individual.

right now we all all the right people and procedures in the club to be a success, The players have lost their leader but not the full leadership team.

I'm just at that point where I feel we need to accept that what is done ..is done, not like it, accept it as it's not going to change and my concern is that this will get dredged up every time we lose a game, get a nil nil draw, win playing badly. if it escalates and the relationship between club and fans deteriorates, then in turn results will deteriorate and the club will regress.

We need to draw a line and move on positively now by getting behind those that remain!

Completely agree. The whole set up are brilliant but I fear they will leave if Pearson gets another role or a new manager wants his own backroom staff. Hopefully that isn't the case though.

And you're right, no point crying over spilt milk. what is done is done. I hope, although highly doubt, no one brings this up if things don't go well next season. Pearson will not be the reason if things do go badly next season.

Completely agree. The whole set up are brilliant but I fear they will leave if Pearson gets another role or a new manager wants his own backroom staff. Hopefully that isn't the case though.

And you're right, no point crying over spilt milk. what is done is done. I hope, although highly doubt, no one brings this up if things don't go well next season. Pearson will not be the reason if things do go badly next season.

It's why the first thing the club need to do apart from appoint a new leader is to do all they can to incentivise Walsh, Shakey and the deeper team staying to the point that even Pearson will understand that they have no choice but to put their personal situation above loyalty to him.

It's why the first thing the club need to do apart from appoint a new leader is to do all they can to incentivise Walsh, Shakey and the deeper team staying to the point that even Pearson will understand that they have no choice but to put their personal situation above loyalty to him.

Absolutely. But the likelihood is that a manager will want his own staff. Especially since we are looking for a big name. This will be the case even if they want to stay. For me Walsh is the one we need to keep, because he is churning out gems out of nowhere. But we cannot force them onto a new manager because there will be the same control issue which will lead to a breakdown in relationships. Our best bet is to hope the new manager likes and appreciates the work they have done and wants them to remain here

If you mean Hiddink then I'm guessing a 24 page thread on him must have past you by.

http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/topic/101392-guus-hiddink/

Cheers DavieG, I've been away for a few days and I really didn't take the time to check all of the many reaction threads to the Pearson saga.

Apologies for taking up server space. :nigel:

This was never going to be a popular decision. Whether the owners are justified in sacking him and have valid reasons they need to explain themselves. By keeping quiet and sacking possibly our best manager ever is just going to infuriate us fans even further. The fans are just asking for a valid explanation. 

I think this decision will never be digested by many Leicester fans, and should we struggle even more next season it will make the fans turn on the club and the owners. Do not get me wrong, these owners are fantastic, and the amount they have invested and continue to invest is very impressive. We are ever so lucky. But at the same time, if we feel that any of their decisions are wrong, we cannot turn a blind eye. I'm sorry but from a footballing perspective, the sacking was a bad decision. Ultimately that is all that counts. In ten years time, no one will care about the sex tape incident. But if this leads to relegation and another stagnant period in our history, well the owners will not be held in high regard. 

Perfect post, my thoughts exactly.

Bag,

I am 100% with you on this.  We all need to follow what we are presented with.

Cheers DavieG, I've been away for a few days and I really didn't take the time to check all of the many reaction threads to the Pearson saga.

Apologies for taking up server space. :nigel:

No problem, I'm here to serve and some say a waste of space. :P

Not written by Top

I love the assumption that moneyed people invariably deserve to have every last penny of their wealth, and are guaranteed experts in pretty much whatever field they wish to dabble in. If Alan Sugar made a pychedelic concept-rock album, or Donald Trump decided he wanted to direct his own Hollywood Blockbuster we wouldn't assume they'd do a good job any more than we should when duty free salesmen in Thailand decide they want to to run a football club. The world's full of such examples. I mean, the Bush family were world-renowned oil tycoons with a spectacular head for business, but they've tended to struggle when it comes to running a country.

And why you'd blindly trust any set of owners, or a manager for that matter, I don't know. There are plenty of chairmen out there who were 'in the top 1% of what they do' but turned out to be diabolical when it came to presiding over a top flight football team. I'm stunned that so many people have forgotten this.

not sure what to think

does he have a point? His son was not racist, but was a twat for even being involved

A man looking to protect his son's reputation and career is not a bad thing?

Then again, the stain it has left on the club, Pearson jnr had to go.

Nigel must have gone real ape shit for them to think he has to go for good

Archived