Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Horse's Mouth

Pearson Sacked

Every season?

It's happened once. And I think it's fair to say we were a much better side at the end of January than we were at the start, but the way the fixture list fell we had to face lots of very strong sides early on in the second half of the season and as a result struggled (both because our approach wasn't great in some of those games and because the opposition was much stronger), then did well against weaker sides towards the end. There's no doubt in my mind that Pearson had improved the team and was learning from his mistakes. Over the course of the season we were the 14th best side in the division and there is absolutely no reason to think we couldn't have equaled or bettered that under Nigel Pearson next season.

Just because we ended 14th last season under Pearson, does not automatically imply that we would have faired better under him next season. I realize you are not exactly saying he would, but there is also, no reason to believe, that a new manager will not fare as well as he would, or even much better. We will never know the answer to that.

A team coasting to an easy 1-0 or 2-0 victory isn't competitive in my eyes.. Might be in yours.

A few examples.. Stoke at home.. Swansea away.. Literally in cruise control.

lol

What is your point? Some games we didn't do very well, other games we did. We did well in enough of our game over the season to finish 14th. 

Blinkers as in so focused on Pearson and the great last 9 games we had, that you forget about a lot of the drab affairs we had before that. Not too hard to understand what that meant.

Why should we not be winning some of the matches against Burnley, West Brom, Sunderland, Stoke, Palace and Hull like I said? We would have been favourites with the bookies to win all of those. I'm not saying we should have won them all by any stretch. Just play a bit better in some of them and get the odd win.

All my main point is that it was all rosy last season and for over three quarters of it, Sean Dyche was getting more out of his Burnley team than Pearson was here. Yes he turned it around and we had a superb end to the season. I didn't want him sacked, but he was. He was not a Mesiah and irreplaceable though, so hopefully the next man will do a good job too.

How do you know I am a Pearson fan? Way too many holes in your arguments to even bother replying. Its pretty obvious you don't know what you are talking about.

How do you know I am a Pearson fan? Way too many holes in your arguments to even bother replying. Its pretty obvious you don't know what you are talking about.

Oh I know what i'm talking about Micky.

lol BigMicky moaning about others comments yet his are as silly and 'I'm bigger than you'-esque...

Getting a kind response from him is rare on here, bloke has chip on here shoulder for some reason.

I'm sure the Stoke, Hull, Burnley, West Brom and Sunderland fans feel they should have been better when we played at their grounds.

Also palace at home could easily have been 3 points for us had we taken our chances. We didn't play badly at all

Why should we not be winning some of the matches against Burnley, West Brom, Sunderland, Stoke, Palace and Hull like I said?

Just so you know... we got 4 from 6 against Burnley. 3 from 6 against West Brom (so did they), 2 from 6 against Sunderland (so did they), 3 from 6 against Stoke (So did they), 4 from 6 against Hull... and unfortunately 0 from 6 against Palace. So we either equaled or bettered the return of all those teams other than Palace, and if we'd been able to finish our dinner at home against them we might have equaled them as well.

To continue that, we got 3 of 6 against Villa (so did they), 3 from 6 against Newcastle (so did they), 3 from 6 against QPR (so did they), 2 from 6 against Everton (so did they), 3 from 6 against West Ham.

So from what I can tell no team in the bottom half actually bettered our points total in the two matches against each other. Shall I go further?... Southampon 3 from 6 (so did they), Swansea 3 from 6 (so did they).

From a quick glance and going off memory, only Palace, Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and Man City came out on top in terms of the double header against each other throughout the whole season.

Just so you know... we got 4 from 6 against Burnley. 3 from 6 against West Brom (so did they), 2 from 6 against Sunderland (so did they), 3 from 6 against Stoke (So did they), 4 from 6 against Hull... and unfortunately 0 from 6 against Palace. So we either equaled or bettered the return of all those teams other than Palace, and if we'd been able to finish our dinner at home against them we might have equaled them as well.

To continue that, we got 3 of 6 against Villa (so did they), 3 from 6 against Newcastle (so did they), 3 from 6 against QPR (so did they), 2 from 6 against Everton (so did they), 3 from 6 against West Ham.

So from what I can tell no team in the bottom half actually bettered our points total in the two matches against each other. Shall I go further?... Southampon 3 from 6 (so did they), Swansea 3 from 6 (so did they).

From a quick glance and going off memory, only Palace, Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and Man City came out on top in terms of the double header against each other throughout the whole season.

Yes over the season I know we matched a lot of the teams for points. That was not my point. The point which is not too hard to understand, is that up until March despite playing well in a few games and poorly in others, we were seven points adrift at the foot of the table. We shouldn't have been based on being that far behind QPR and Burnley.

At that point all of the people who are still banging on about Pearson being sacked, might not have been shouting so loudly if it had happened then. We all know what a great 9 games we had at the end.

At that point all of the people who are still banging on about Pearson being sacked, might not have been shouting so loudly if it had happened then.

He was sacked then and I for one was shouting this loudly.

Yes over the season I know we matched a lot of the teams for points. That was not my point. The point which is not too hard to understand, is that up until March despite playing well in a few games and poorly in others, we were seven points adrift at the foot of the table. We shouldn't have been based on being that far behind QPR and Burnley.

So what you're saying is if you remove all the wins at the start, those at the end and the odd few in the middle, people wouldn't be so upset... :unsure: Tell us something we don't know. 

Don't understand your point about QPR and Burnley, they were ahead of us last year also for a huge chunk of the season. As I kept saying all season when it got trotted out that we were behind them... it's where you end up that matters, not where you are at Christmas.

He was sacked then and I for one was shouting this loudly.

We went another 5 games after that without a win. I think the 0-0 home with Hull would have made quite a few fans think again.

Fair enough if you was still happy with him. I will admit I didn't want him sacked then either, because I thought he would be good for us in the Championship. However I wouldn't have kicked up a fuss if he was.

So what you're saying is if you remove all the wins at the start, those at the end and the odd few in the middle, people wouldn't be so upset... :unsure: Tell us something we don't know. 

Don't understand your point about QPR and Burnley, they were ahead of us last year also for a huge chunk of the season. As I kept saying all season when it got trotted out that we were behind them... it's where you end up that matters, not where you are at Christmas.

It is, so long as you learn from it and make sure we are not tailed off another season! We can't ever rely on a run like last season to get us out of the mess again.

At that point all of the people who are still banging on about Pearson being sacked, might not have been shouting so loudly if it had happened then. We all know what a great 9 games we had at the end.

Well, yes, if you ignore all of the results that don't suit your argument and only pay attention to the ones that do then of course you win. If you ignore all of the results in the middle of the season then we'd have won the title. If you ignore all the Tory, Lib Dem and UKIP votes then Labour won the election. If games had ended on 80 minutes Micky Adams' side would have finished 6th in 2004. If you discount the Play-off final in 96 and the League Cup Final wins of 97 and 2000 then we achieved nothing in the O'Neill era. I seriously don't understand how this argument can hold weight.

It is, so long as you learn from it and make sure we are not tailed off another season! We can't ever rely on a run like last season to get us out of the mess again.

Well I'm not sure we were planning on getting into that position again. Recruitment seemed to be improved this summer before his departure, with some good players signing and other good ones linked.

Viva let me get this straight.

You would trade the 5-3 against Man Utd for a 5-3 against Hull.

You would trade the 2-2 vs Liverpool for a 2-2 vs Swansea

You would trade the 3-0 vs Newcastle for a 3-0 vs Burnley instead.

Is that what you are saying?

I don't understand your point

lol BigMicky moaning about others comments yet his are as silly and 'I'm bigger than you'-esque...

Getting a kind response from him is rare on here, bloke has chip on here shoulder for some reason.

Your odd... You have so much to say on here but non of it is clever,funny,informative,witty or well thought out. Why do you bother, you just bore folk. No chip at all....

You're*

:D

Think your posts are the same, asking others 'are you on crack?' etc - don't know whether you yourself are trying to be funny or serious.

No posters are perfect, I might post shit from time to time I agree but I'm sure there's worse than me.

Sure you're a nice bloke out of here, but you seem quite a bully on here in fairness.

You would trade our results/performances at the start or end of the season against big teams for wins in the middle of the season against relegation rivals just to balance things out.

No that's a silly argument to come up with.

You would trade our results/performances at the start or end of the season against big teams for wins in the middle of the season against relegation rivals just to balance things out.

Why would I trade when we stayed up? If we were to go down by 1 point and let's say Sunderland beat us to stay up, then I'd rather that result be reversed to beat them 5-3 and lose to Man Utd. Yes, because that would mean we stay up!

You're*

:D

Think your posts are the same, asking others 'are you on crack?' etc - don't know whether you yourself are trying to be funny or serious.

No posters are perfect, I might post shit from time to time I agree but I'm sure there's worse than me.

Sure you're a nice bloke out of here, but you seem quite a bully on here in fairness.

Yep massive bully.. Try not to be so sensative sweetheart xx

Archived