Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grey Fox

Should Pearson have been sacked? Yes or No?

Should Pearson have been sacked?  

468 members have voted

1. 1. From what we know so far. Do you agree that Pearson should have been sacked?

From a footballing point of view it was the wrong decision, and that's all that matters in terms of success. if we believe that he was sacked for backing James Pearson, I don't blame the owners but it still wasn't the right decision. It's a losing battle always to sack a manager on the back of the form we showed towards the end of the season.

I also trust the owners. They have shown rationality and calmness throughout the season.

Like that time one sacked him and the other reinstated him an hour later?

That threatened our season massively by undermining Pearson's leadership yet he held it together and acted with complete dignity on the topic.

Strong words, when you don't know anything about the reason for his dismissal.

You don't know anything about the reason either but you felt quite comfortable voting yes, so shut up and stop being a hypocrite.

If we're talking about the sacking now (at the end of June), I think the sacking comes to a huge surprise. Many fans (most of them fierce opponents of Pearson's media persona) were calling for his towards January/February/March, where our slump became unbearable. That might have been a better moment to let him go.

But now - the timing is more than just odd. The owners have put up with Pearson for so long, he's given them, the club and the fans promotion to the Premier League and safety within the division with a game to spare. I thought we were witnessing something special happening here - the emphasis being put on a more long-term way of thinking, a positive attitude and a worthy strategy coming to fruition over the course of 4+ years - it seemed like witnessing the creation and execution of a proper, unique and exciting footballing philosophy.

I do hope the foundation doesn't come undone in the next few months to come. It'd be just a classic case of a typical Leicester City FC story in the top flight.

All you have to do is think back to our previous managers...can you remember those glory filled days under Sven or Sousa? There's the fookin' answer! In sacking Nige the owners have shown they are stupid and reckless! Under Pearson we were an Arsenal type club, now we're just another QPR, Hull and Cardiff!

The question is very loaded.

"Do you agree that Pearson should have been sacked?" is not the same as "Do you understand why the owners felt Pearson should have been sacked?"

I do not agree with his sacking but I do understand why it happened.

It's not a loaded question it's just not the question you want to answer.

He shouldn't have been sacked whether the reasons are understandable (not that we've been told them) or not.

It's not a loaded question it's just not the question you want to answer.

He shouldn't have been sacked whether the reasons are understandable (not that we've been told them) or not.

How on earth do you work that out?

If the reasons are understandable, he should have been sacked.

That's a bizarre thing to say

My thoughts exactly lol

Translates as "Pearson should have been allowed to do whatever, and I mean whatever he wants and not be fired". Madness.

I understand why they think it was reasonable to sack him. But as a fan I'm extremely disappointed that short term business motives have been put ahead of long term football motives.

I understand why they think it was reasonable to sack him. But as a fan I'm extremely disappointed that short term business motives have been put ahead of long term football motives.

lol

So he (or any football manager) can do or say whatever they like? And be fine if it means long term motives are met?

Join the real world.

lol

So he (or any football manager) can do or say whatever they like? And be fine if it means long term motives are met?

Join the real world.

to be fair we are going into the new season with Danny Simpson on our books, he's done a lot worse than Pearson and can't even back it up by saying he's even remotely good.

football is not the real world anymore.

lol

Join the real world.

Did I say he could do or say whatever he likes?

I clearly don't think he's done or said enough to get the sack. But I understand why businessman would care enough about the media reaction to nothing incidents to make such a decision in order to protect a company that has nothing to do with Leicester City (or at least I don't think it should). Doesn't mean I agree with the decision, I don't. I'm a fan of Leicester City football club and really don't care what people think about King Power. It's pretty obvious this decision isn't really about the good of the football club, so of course I don't agree with it, but I understand the reasoning.

Yes but the manager cant be a law unto himself, he is working for his bosses to carry out their objectives, he has to toe the party line

Guest MattP

Yes but the manager cant be a law unto himself, he is working for his bosses to carry out their objectives, he has to toe the party line

Imagine if Forest fans took this attitude in the 80's, they could kiss those Two European Cups they won goodbye.

They must be laughing at us now, fans actually making excuses for the owners getting rid of successful managers, how times have changed.

lol

Join the real world.

Has anyone actually said this though Col? They haven't.

Repeating the accusation over and over again doesn't make it true.

You don't know anything about the reason either but you felt quite comfortable voting yes, so shut up and stop being a hypocrite.

Now you are being childish as always. Read my post again. I stated I voted yes, only on the basis of what has been suggested, and only if it was true.

You are guilty again, of being incapable of understanding your own language, or merely twisting the facts.

Poor little sod.

Archived