Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Weller in Tights

Pearson has gone, let's move on

Definitely pretty much have the same thoughts as Col on this. Gutted he's gone and feel we've cut short a good thing. However, moaning about it won't change anything, the best thing we can do is get behind the people at the club and hope they can carry on Nigel's good work.

Venting about it is all well and good, but it becomes a bit tiresome seeing people constantly say that we're going to go backwards and nobody we bring in will be able to do a decent job. It's depressing as hell.

Before you say "don't read the threads". I keep coming back in the hope that shoots of hope and excitement start to appear :D

I get the argument (you must have made it about ten times now?)

But.....someone else MIGHT be able to emulate what Pearson has done.

Why glass so half empty?

You know, someone else might even do better?

Shock, horror!

:thumbup:

I don't think you do get the argument. The argument is that we seem to be moving away from the stability and evolution that has bought us success. Apparently we're now looking for a 'big name manager' and are already starting to replace the players who have run through a brick wall for the club, in favour of expensive 'marquee' signings who will play for an as yet unknown manager.

Have we sacked our scouts and DoF as well then? Love how many ITK people we have on the forum. Who's to say the owners haven't told Walsh, Rudkin and the coaching staff to carry out transfer business that was already in place?

Eh?? Well it makes even less sense to carry out transfer business that Pearson might have put in place! :nigel:

I've made my opinion very clear and I think it's similar to yours.

I'm disappointed (and was very surprised) that we sacked Pearson.

I've also expressed reservation at some of the proposed list of 'candidates'.

But where we differ is I'm not all doom and gloom. The next incumbent could just as easily take us to the next step as take us backwards.

For me, that's ALL based upon who that person is. I have dread at some of the names, for sure. But I have hope also that we'll get it right.

Which turns out to be the more accurate feeling (hope or dread) remains to be seen.

Where have I been all doom and gloom exactly ffs don't go over the top.

I can't move on. Not until there is a new manager. All I feel is happening is that we are losing ground on relegation rivals who are assbking squads and launching bids whilst we currently may or may not be doing that. New manager and it's a case of "the king is dead; long live the king. Until then I'm just totally #issed off!!

You don't appear to be acknowledging that there are negative repercussions in this for Leicester City. According to this theory we should move onwards and upwards, unfettered by the loss of our manager, while he should sit down and suffer the consequences of being a silly little boy. But you're missing the point - very few people actually care about the effect this has on Pearson, they care about the effect it has on us. You don't fire a manager just because he deserves it, you fire him because it's in the best interests of the club.

And I'm all for regrouping. It's the board who have fired a manager without anyone lined up, allowed the players back for training without their new man in charge, tried to sign players without any green light from the new regime, and which the new regime might consider unnecessary. They are the ones currently preventing the 'moving onwards and upwards'.

As for 'Pearson brought it on himself' - I'd love to know what information has brought you to this conclusion. We can guess that he might have done so because he's been temperamental and awkward in the past, we can imagine that he might have taken a distinctly undiplomatic stance on the Thailand saga as well - but we don't know this either. He's one of the longest-serving managers in the game, which also suggests that he has a reasonable capacity to get along with owners who, let's not forget, had previously fired two other managers and quite unreasonably helped edge him out in the past. And, like I said, even if he does kind of deserve it for bullying journalists and insulting a fan and being a pain in the arse where his son is concerned, did we need to fire him - and will it be in our club's best interests? There is currently no evidence in the affirmative for either.

a) How do you know the repercussions for Leicester City will be negative? The decision has caused a stir without a doubt and it's clear that the majority of fans disagree with the owners decision.

But the longer-term consequences largely depend on who becomes our new manager and the effect he has on team unity/spirit/continuity/new signings etc. That effect might as easily be positive as negative. 

b) Neither you nor I know the full story of why Pearson was sacked but if the owners think Pearson deserved being sacked I'm quite sure they'd have weighed that opinion against what they also feel is the best interests of the club. I would, and if I thought the problems were serious enough then he'd have gone however valuable he might have been in other ways.

c) How do you know the club didn't/doesn't have someone lined up? The truth might be all sorts of things.

d) Again, it may be that transfer targets have already been identified and that Rudkin has the authority to conclude negotiations or to keep people informed. At this stage we don't know.

e) If you don't understand why Pearson brought it upon himself then I have no intentions of repeating the various incidents/situations which left him on the precipiece on occasions.

f) Pearson might have got on with our owners in the past but, clearly, subsequent actions have resulted in a serious enough breakdown in their relationship to result in his sacking.

g) The three problems you mention in your last paragraph show you do recognise the tightrope Pearson has walked along with reckless disregard for their potential effect on his job. In the end if you test people's loyalty to you for long enough you shouldn't be surprised to get a nasty shock. How his sacking will work our for the club is anyone's guess but it's done. And the sooner we get over it the better.              

a) How do you know the repercussions for Leicester City will be negative? The decision has caused a stir without a doubt and it's clear that the majority of fans disagree with the owners decision.

But the longer-term consequences largely depend on who becomes our new manager and the effect he has on team unity/spirit/continuity/new signings etc. That effect might as easily be positive as negative.

b) Neither you nor I know the full story of why Pearson was sacked but if the owners think Pearson deserved being sacked I'm quite sure they'd have weighed that opinion against what they also feel is the best interests of the club. I would, and if I thought the problems were serious enough then he'd have gone however valuable he might have been in other ways.

c) How do you know the club didn't/doesn't have someone lined up? The truth might be all sorts of things.

d) Again, it may be that transfer targets have already been identified and that Rudkin has the authority to conclude negotiations or to keep people informed. At this stage we don't know.

e) If you don't understand why Pearson brought it upon himself then I have no intentions of repeating the various incidents/situations which left him on the precipiece on occasions.

f) Pearson might have got on with our owners in the past but, clearly, subsequent actions have resulted in a serious enough breakdown in their relationship to result in his sacking.

g) The three problems you mention in your last paragraph show you do recognise the tightrope Pearson has walked along with reckless disregard for their potential effect on his job. In the end if you test people's loyalty to you for long enough you shouldn't be surprised to get a nasty shock. How his sacking will work our for the club is anyone's guess but it's done. And the sooner we get over it the better.

Superb post.

I agree with every bloody word of this.

Where have I been all doom and gloom exactly ffs don't go over the top.

The tone of your posts aren't exactly rainbows and fairies Babs!

However anyone feels about this is up to them. It really makes no difference who's in charge anymore. Come matchday it'll be the same old shit.

2pm team announced and met with numerous FFS posts along with, 'Where's (insert name)?'. Goal conceded and it'll be 'Fvcks sake, bring back Pearson' or goal scored will be 'Nigel who?'

One thing this season has taught us is regardless of your opinion, who you side with, how long you've supported the club etc, every single one of us is a fickle, patronising, hypocritical, miserable bastard at times and to be honest, I wouldnt change that for the world.

Possibly the next manager will be as good or better but the timing of such a move has me doubting the owners and IMO is a high risk move going into next season. Get over him, sure I will when the replacement earns my support. Hoping that will be quick.

The tone of your posts aren't exactly rainbows and fairies Babs!

However anyone feels about this is up to them. It really makes no difference who's in charge anymore. Come matchday it'll be the same old shit.

2pm team announced and met with numerous FFS posts along with, 'Where's (insert name)?'. Goal conceded and it'll be 'Fvcks sake, bring back Pearson' or goal scored will be 'Nigel who?'

One thing this season has taught us is regardless of your opinion, who you side with, how long you've supported the club etc, every single one of us is a fickle, patronising, hypocritical, miserable bastard at times and to be honest, I wouldnt change that for the world.

no they aren't rainbows and fairies, they are someone who is pissed off. But I've hardly been going around saying we're bloody doomed or anything remotely close to it.

Most of my posts have been aimed at the same old people again telling everyone how they should feel and act!

Except b and e which contradict each other.

Not really. There have been quite a few widely publicised incidents which nobody can deny that would have been in the owner's mind when they made their decision, for whatever reason.

These statements are contradictory. Particularly the bits in bold.

You cannot request that others be humble and not pretend to know what happened while simultaneously doing exactly that yourself. In the bits I've highlighted you are acting as if you 'know' that Pearson brought it upon himself.

Personally I think it's unlikely that Pearson would've kicked up such a fuss that 1. His relationship with the board was beyond repair or 2. He wouldn't have been able to manage the team effectively. I don't know this to be true, it's a guess, just as yours is a guess.

Not really. There have been quite a few widely publicised incidents which nobody can deny that would have been in the owner's mind when they made their decision, for whatever reason.

Yes really. You can't say "we don't know the reasons" and then "he brought it upon himself for these reasons".

We're all aware Of what happened but we don't know if they had anything to do with it.

These statements are contradictory. Particularly the bits in bold.

You cannot request that others be humble and not pretend to know what happened while simultaneously doing exactly that yourself. In the bits I've highlighted you are acting as if you 'know' that Pearson brought it upon himself.

Personally I think it's unlikely that Pearson would've kicked up such a fuss that 1. His relationship with the board was beyond repair or 2. He wouldn't have been able to manage the team effectively. I don't know this to be true, it's a guess, just as yours is a guess.

f) Pearson might have got on with our owners in the past but, clearly, subsequent actions have resulted in a serious enough breakdown in their relationship to result in his sacking.  

The fact that Pearson's been sacked and it was in the statement that it was for non footballing reasons kinda suggest that's true.   

Yes really. You can't say "we don't know the reasons" and then "he brought it upon himself for these reasons".

We're all aware Of what happened but we don't know if they had anything to do with it.

So they've sacked him for no reason at all?

I'm not saying it's the right thing to do, but to start slating the owners and saying they are buying there own targets is just stupid. They've backed us and got us to the PL without interfering with any of the football matters and just concentrating on the business side of things. I'd hope that is something they are continuing.

The worrying part at the moment is that we're left in a vaccuum, in a No-Man's land where nothing happens, where you can only grasp an urgent sense of anticipation and nervousness. I'd like to know where we're headed as a club, but it appears as if the owners didn't have a Plan B at hand following the sacking of Pearson, leaving everybody reeling. It's not just disrespectful towards the former manager - even worse, it makes the owners look somewhat amateurish.

No news on a new manager, no news on more midfielders and defenders joining, little to no news on summer pre-season. It's as if we've come to a standstill.

The fact that Pearson's been sacked and it was in the statement that it was for non footballing reasons kinda suggest that's true.   

Yeah, on reflection I probably should've left that bit out.

But that doesn't mean the owners were right to sack him. When Thracian says that Pearson 'brought it upon himself' he appears to be suggesting that he knows that what Pearson did was so bad he had to be sacked for it - that's the bit I'm quarrelling with.

Except b and e which contradict each other.

You've just posted a reply to me slating people who are trying to dictate how someone should feel or act then immediately tell Col that he shouldnt agree with something someone has said.

You should deffo be PM.

Yeah, on reflection I probably should've left that bit out.

But that doesn't mean the owners were right to sack him. When Thracian says that Pearson 'brought it upon himself' he appears to be suggesting that he knows that what Pearson did was so bad he had to be sacked for it - that's the bit I'm quarrelling with.

That's a value judgement that we could all argue about until the cows come home. There'll never be a right or wrong answer.

I don't think you do get the argument. The argument is that we seem to be moving away from the stability and evolution that has bought us success. Apparently we're now looking for a 'big name manager' and are already starting to replace the players who have run through a brick wall for the club, in favour of expensive 'marquee' signings who will play for an as yet unknown manager.

No big name manager as yet. No marquee signings as yet. So at the very least you're getting ahead of yourself, criticising the owners for things that haven't happened yet.

The club is also bigger than you. Just a thought.

Why say this unless you are deliberately trying to belittle anyone with an opinion that isn't your own?

Oh and you look a bit of a prat because he's already said the club is bigger than ANY individual

How you can bang on about togetherness then behave like a child who's had his favourite toy taken away from him and hates the world is trully laughable.

I said a long time ago that I was here long before NP and will be long after. You probably hate that idea and I hope you do....makes it all the sweeter.

That's a value judgement that we could all argue about until the cows come home. There'll never be a right or wrong answer.

Team selections are value judgements. Which manager you'd like next is a value judgement. Which team you'd like in the FA Cup is a value judgement. Many things discussed on this forum are value judgements and people seem to agree that they're worth discussing.

Team selections are value judgements. Which manager you'd like next is a value judgement. Which team you'd like in the FA Cup is a value judgement. Many things discussed on this forum are value judgements and people seem to agree that they're worth discussing.

I'm not stopping you.

Archived