Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Weller in Tights

Pearson has gone, let's move on

There are many managers linked of varying experience, age and type. To say that none of the candidates are good enough to replace Pearson is a bit odd.

Earlier in the season it was said quite a bit on here that Pearson supporters were overly loyal to him to the point that they were blind to his faults and also to the merits of any alternative.

Some of the posts recently are really starting to back that up.

Literally every name linked with the job will either consign us to relegation, bankruptcy or in some peoples opinion 'he wont come here'. Its a little bit ridiculous.

Of course, you are completely right, and it is now time to move on.

One thing I will say about Pearson, is that he exploded so many different opinions on Foxestalk, and positively caused a massive rift between different factions (love/hate). I doubt we will ever reach such dizzy heights again, and in a way I shall miss it.

Anyway, a new dawn awaits us. Onwards and upwards.  :scarf:

People have just about only moved on from MON... You think people should move on 5 days after Pearson going? His name will be mentioned for the next decade.

It's a form of self-torture. Like losing a much-loved girlfriend.

Pearson is gone and we need to re-group quickly and it's Pearson himself who should be doing the lamenting.

For acting with such reactionary immaturity on so many occasions that neither his footballing achievements, nor his popularity with a large section of fans, were enough to save him.

The warning signs were plain to see all along.

Pearson tried to portray himself as calm and analytical much of the time but it was all too much for him.

I just think it's a pity. Particularly considering how few managerial options offer any kind of confidence or inspiration.

But every way I look at it, Pearson brought it on himself.      

if I owned a football club and I thought that the current manager was "Ok".... but that I really wanted to do much better and hence needed to bring in a really good guy... but the current bloke had just pulled off a stunning set of wins and was very popular with the fan base... then I would (1) secretly find the new guy (2) sack the current guy (3) pause to make it all look like a spur of the moment thing and that nothing was lined up... (4) let everyone get jittery  (5) bring in the new guy to sighs of relief from the fan base... and leaving the new guy as having had nothing to do with ousting the former favourite.

Now I am not saying that this is what has happened - but if I was having to move on a popular guy and bring in a new guy I might well do it this way...  Let's see if we get a new appointment - say by next weekend.

whats wrong with singing the name of who, for many of us, is a legend of the club? a lot of us appreciate what he did and want to sing about it. I'd sing his name not as an attack at the new manager or whatever, just cos me love nige

Pearson is gone and we need to re-group quickly and it's Pearson himself who should be doing the lamenting.

For acting with such reactionary immaturity on so many occasions that neither his footballing achievements, nor his popularity with a large section of fans, were enough to save him.

Pearson tried to portray himself as calm and analytical much of the time but it was all too much for him.

I just think it's a pity. Particularly considering how few managerial options offer any kind of confidence or inspiration.

As usual Thrac...exactly how I see it.

He's shot himself in the foot.

Telling people to move on after 5 days.... how about, get on with your own life and let people move on when good and ready. We're weeks from the start of the season, plenty of time for people to he it out of their system.

REALLY??? Lmao. Jesus..... No one has died you know. Get a grip and move on ffs

Thinking that his minor offences outweigh his achievements this season tells me that you have a very poor understanding of what's important in football. To be honest, reading this forum in the past few days has made me realise that many posters just don't get it.

They get upset when some journalist in the Telegraph criticises our manager. They think that matters. Personally I'm able to look past trivial non-stories like that and see that Nigel is in fact a decent man (something that was visible to anyone who didn't hold a grudge against him) and that results are somewhat more important than how the neutrals see us.

whats wrong with singing the name of who, for many of us, is a legend of the club? a lot of us appreciate what he did and want to sing about it. I'd sing his name not as an attack at the new manager or whatever, just cos me love nige

It might not be seen as an attack on the new manager, although i can`t see a new manager being especially delighted that the fans of his new club are still singing the name of the man he`s took over from, but it would be seen as an attack on the owners, and the owners of our football club, who in my opinion have been fantastic for us, are crucial to us moving forward.

It's a crying shame for all involved Thrac. Good post though

The fans haven't been left in the dark. The Club has given its explanation.

You might not like it, but it's done.

And we move on.

Personally I'd like to see a rally cry of support for the NEW manager on opening day. Whoever that person may be.

Don't forget, they will be taking on a set of new players. A set of players that had played for some time under Pearson.

This may be difficult in itself, without us having to add to it by banging the Pearson drum.

We need to do what is best for the club. Not for Nigel Pearson. He's not been innocent in any of this, I don't imagine.

Move on and give the new bloke your full backing. That might assist the players in doing so too.

Sorry but if you really believe the club has given their reason for his dismissal then you are guilty of rolling over and being tickled - no clarity in any explanation at all. The club are taking the p##s.

Sorry but if you really believe the club has given their reason for his dismissal then you are guilty of rolling over and being tickled - no clarity in any explanation at all. The club are taking the p##s.

You have no clue as to their reason.

They've said essentially that they can't work with him anymore. Why is that so hard to believe?

Thracians post is spot on. Pearson has fooked things up for himself and must accept their decision.

You've rolled over and had your belly tickled by accepting so many of the other theories it would seem. Simply because you don't want him gone I suspect.

It might not be seen as an attack on the new manager, although i can`t see a new manager being especially delighted that the fans of his new club are still singing the name of the man he`s took over from, but it would be seen as an attack on the owners, and the owners of our football club, who in my opinion have been fantastic for us, are crucial to us moving forward.

If we were 4 down against Bournemouth then singing his name would be stupid, and obviously i'd back the team in that situation, but i think as long as the timing's fine then there'd be no problem with singing Nige's name, as well as being well behind our new manager.

and people saying if we're 2-0 up against Sunderland we'll all be saying 'Nigel who' and stuff like that ---- Really? even if we end up winning the champs league 5 times on the trot i suspect again that a lot of us wont ever forget what Nigel's done for this club. I'm all for embracing this change and moving forward with a positive outlook, but the bloke's done incredibly for us.

"There's only one Nigel Pearson"?

For pities sake... this kind of thing really frustrates me. There's also only one Jose Maurinho, one Alex Ferguson, one Ian Holloway (thank God). 

Just because he had some success doesn't mean he's irreplaceable.

Some people here really do need to grow up.

He's gone, he is not coming back and no amount of idolatry or forum threads will change that.

You have no clue as to their reason.

They've said essentially that they can't work with him anymore. Why is that so hard to believe?

Thracians post is spot on. Pearson has fooked things up for himself and must accept their decision.

You've rolled over and had your belly tickled by accepting so many of the other theories it would seem. Simply because you don't want him gone I suspect.

That's the thing, Colin. Nobody really knows why the manager was sacked. All the club has/had left for the fans and media are/were a handful of words put together in a sentence or two in an official statement.

So, we may never know what the reason truly was behind the decision to get rid of one of the most successful managers we've had in the past decade (or even beyond that).

Essentially, the owners have said nothing at all. Nothing precise, nothing revealing. They simply hope the curiosity of fans and media alike will go away after a while. But I have my doubts it'll ever do that. Unless someone comes out with the truth.

The rest of your post is just plain guesswork and it appears you're happy with the bait laid out by the club (e.g. the owners). No need to go deeper when you can remain superficial, eh?

And Pearson is gone - and there's nothing that can change that fact, regardless of whether you've been a fan of his or not. No matter how hard Pearson's going to try to set things straight with a potential lawsuit, he won't come back a third time.

Bridges have been burnt - at least on one side.

The fans haven't been left in the dark. The Club has given its explanation.

And you honestly think it's a reasonable explanation, that it actually explains anything? To me, it's just another empty platitude, the kind that are rife in football these days. It's basically the footballing equivalent of your old man saying "because I said so" when he wouldn't let you do something - it means sod all.

And you honestly think it's a reasonable explanation, that it actually explains anything? To me, it's just another empty platitude, the kind that are rife in football these days. It's basically the footballing equivalent of your old man saying "because I said so" when he wouldn't let you do something - it means sod all.

Obv it isnt the complete story but when they say there are 'differences' to the extent that they cant work with each other anymore, its ridiculous that some fans need it spelling out.

Since he came back, Pearson has been no stranger to controversy and has often been in the press for the wrong reason. Last summers transfer fiasco coupled with Robinsons departure suggests a rift and added to all of the past seasons bullsh*t and then finally the Thailand incident, the owners have felt they cant back him anymore.

Its not like they hadnt given him enough chances. He's overseen two of the worst runs of form in the clubs modern history and survived so its not like they were itching to sack him.

Reasons for him to go have been snowballling and after the Thailand incident (where the exact details havent been published granted), its the last straw.

I find it amazing that some fans cant bring themselves to acknowledge that it might just be that Pearson really is impossible to work with and it isnt just a front. Its not like it hasnt happened before. A falling out with Lee Hoos was apparantly the reason for his last departure and Lee Hoos is on record saying that Nigel Pearson is a future superstar in the management game so ita not like he had an agenda against him from the off.

When one person is constantly falling out with people and causing problems, there's only so long you can justifiably blame everyone else.

Maybe, out of respect for Pearson for what he has actually done for the club, they've decided not to rubbish his name.

Obv it isnt the complete story but when they say there are 'differences' to the extent that they cant work with each other anymore, its ridiculous that some fans need it spelling out.

Given the significant amount of money fans shell out on this club every single week, yes - I do think we should get more of an explanation as to why the most successful manager since Martin O'Neill has been suddenly removed from his position. If they've got their reasons, that's fine with me, but using meaningless football jargon is just not good enough for me to be honest, especially when the sacking has come so out of the blue and seems to have been clearly triggered by something.

What does 'a difference of perspective' even mean in real terms? If it's because Nigel wasn't ambitious enough, fine - I can get behind that, I might not necessarily agree, but if the owners think we can do better, then fine.

If it's to do with his son, just say so. Even if they'd said 'a difference in perspective over events which took place on the club's end of season trip to Thailand' then that would even be enough. And I'd be behind that too if he was trying to defend his idiot son.

It just seems to me that the only people this vagueness serves is the owners, which suggests to me that they don't want the full story to get out. Why?

Maybe, out of respect for Pearson for what he has actually done for the club, they've decided not to rubbish his name.

At the cost of damaging their own name and reputation as owners among their fan base?

Because at the minute this is looking like a ridiculous decision and many people have pointed out how disappointed they are with the Raksriaksorns over this.

"There's only one Nigel Pearson"?

For pities sake... this kind of thing really frustrates me. There's also only one Jose Maurinho, one Alex Ferguson, one Ian Holloway (thank God). 

Just because he had some success doesn't mean he's irreplaceable.

Some people here really do need to grow up.

He's gone, he is not coming back and no amount of idolatry or forum threads will change that.

no one is saying that (i think)

as regular people we arent likely to bump into NP down the shops and personally thank him for his legacy.

a chant at a football match is more feasible though.

REALLY??? Lmao. Jesus..... No one has died you know. Get a grip and move on ffs

Really what? You think it's unreasonable to suggest people will move on in their own time? You think that telling them not to be angry and pissed off if going to make any difference to them? I'm telling you now, if someone like Steve Cotterill rocks up, people are going to move on a damn site slower. Martin O'Neill left the best part of two decades ago and some people are still pining after him.

I really don't see why people can't get the fact it's not Pearson the person people are fecked off about losing. It's losing a very good manager who has done nothing but take us forward, from our lowest position EVER to premier league mid-table. Personally I've gone from being the most exited about a season in as long as I can remember, to once again being worried about the club and wondering what's going on.

I'm not going to have a protest or sing his name, as I know the damage that can do going forward. But what I'm also not going to do it stop being utterly pissed off with the situation because someone on the internet says I should "move on". I'll move on when the owners prove they are capable and that the last three years hasn't been a massive fluke on their part and pretty much down to Pearson.

Really what? You think it's unreasonable to suggest people will move on in their own time? You think that telling them not to be angry and pissed off if going to make any difference to them? I'm telling you now, if someone like Steve Cotterill rocks up, people are going to move on a damn site slower. Martin O'Neill left the best part of two decades ago and some people are still pining after him.

I really don't see why people can't get the fact it's not Pearson the person people are fecked off about losing. It's losing a very good manager who has done nothing but take us forward, from our lowest position EVER to premier league mid-table. Personally I've gone from being the most exited about a season in as long as I can remember, to once again being worried about the club and wondering what's going on.

Precisely this.  Anyone who's not even slightly concerned that the club will fail to improve on Pearson cannot have been following the club very closely, or football in general for that matter.  Anyone that's happy about it should stop pretending they actually support LCFC because they've spent one of the most prolific periods in the club's history complaining about the man responsible for that success.

Given the significant amount of money fans shell out on this club every single week, yes - I do think we should get more of an explanation as to why the most successful manager since Martin O'Neill has been suddenly removed from his position. If they've got their reasons, that's fine with me, but using meaningless football jargon is just not good enough for me to be honest, especially when the sacking has come so out of the blue and seems to have been clearly triggered by something.

What does 'a difference of perspective' even mean in real terms? If it's because Nigel wasn't ambitious enough, fine - I can get behind that, I might not necessarily agree, but if the owners think we can do better, then fine.

If it's to do with his son, just say so. Even if they'd said 'a difference in perspective over events which took place on the club's end of season trip to Thailand' then that would even be enough. And I'd be behind that too if he was trying to defend his idiot son.

It just seems to me that the only people this vagueness serves is the owners, which suggests to me that they don't want the full story to get out. Why?

That isn't necessarily true. The silence could also serve Nigel.

What I would say again is, I very much doubt that one thing had triggered this but rather its been brewing for a while (hence the previous sacking/re-instatement).

That isn't necessarily true. The silence could also serve Nigel.

What I would say again is, I very much doubt that one thing had triggered this but rather its been brewing for a while (hence the previous sacking/re-instatement).

If that was the case, then surely the owners would speak out and make it clear that the sacking of Pearson was of his own making? At the minute, the owners are just making themselves look like they haven't got a clue what they're doing in a lot of fans eyes, which makes me wonder why they wouldn't put out a statement clearing things up if the sacking was as cut and dry as a lot of people seem to think. This all just stinks to me.

Archived