Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Weller in Tights

Pearson has gone, let's move on

I can see absolutely no purpose whatsoever in singing the name of Pearson at our opening game.

Again, what purpose would this serve?

None whatsoever.

Not only would it be disrespectful to the new manager, it wouldn't bring Nigel back would it?

One more time, we are LCFC, not Pearson FC.

On the opening day, let's have some passion for the new bloke, some passion for the players and show a bit of class.

The reason the atmosphere was so great last season was not just because we played so well, it was because we had stuck together through thick and thin over the previous years. This produced an emotional connection to the manager and team.

You can't just expect people to wipe that from memory.

There was no opportunity to say goodbye, and the fans have been left in the dark.

If no new manager has come in by the opening game then I don't see the problem with singing Pearson's name. Also, a banner saying 'thank you nigel' and 2 minutes of singing his name wouldn't hurt anyone.

Do a tifo display ;)

The reason the atmosphere was so great last season was not just because we played so well, it was because we had stuck together through thick and thin over the previous years. This produced an emotional connection to the manager and team.

You can't just expect people to wipe that from memory.

There was no opportunity to say goodbye, and the fans have been left in the dark.

The fans haven't been left in the dark. The Club has given its explanation.

You might not like it, but it's done.

And we move on.

Personally I'd like to see a rally cry of support for the NEW manager on opening day. Whoever that person may be.

Don't forget, they will be taking on a set of new players. A set of players that had played for some time under Pearson.

This may be difficult in itself, without us having to add to it by banging the Pearson drum.

We need to do what is best for the club. Not for Nigel Pearson. He's not been innocent in any of this, I don't imagine.

Move on and give the new bloke your full backing. That might assist the players in doing so too.

The fans haven't been left in the dark. The Club has given its explanation.

You might not like it, but it's done.

And we move on.

Personally I'd like to see a rally cry of support for the NEW manager on opening day. Whoever that person may be.

Don't forget, they will be taking on a set of new players. A set of players that had played for some time under Pearson.

This may be difficult in itself, without us having to add to it by banging the Pearson drum.

We need to do what is best for the club. Not for Nigel Pearson. He's not been innocent in any of this, I don't imagine.

Move on and give the new bloke your full backing. That might assist the players in doing so too.

Funny thing is Col a lot of the people preaching this are the same people that were unwilling to afford NP the same respect,yourself excluded

This is the equivalent to a father telling his daughter she can no longer go out with her boyfriend, the love of her life. Just a lot of crying, anger and moaning. I hope this isnt representative of the fan base, especially at games as it's going to be awful for the new manager and players during games.

I will say, I do like the idea of a tifo thanking Nige for the bang up work he has done for this club. Let that be a final thank you and give everybody some closure. Not that I could see the club agreeing to that haha.

Letting it creep into the support for any longer than the first few minutes would just be dentrimental to the performance and morale within the club though, I'd imagine.

I think the owners will have known sacking Pearson was a big decision. I don't think they will have done it lightly.

It's done though and whether or not we find out why they could no longer work with him it doesn't change the fact that he's sacked.

The ONLY thing important now is that they appoint the right replacement. Of course people can be ostriches if they choose, but that usually doesn't work out well.

Funny thing is Col a lot of the people preaching this are the same people that were unwilling to afford NP the same respect,yourself excluded

That's crap mate.

I said id have had a change after Christmas..and then admitted that would have been wrong.

I also said I'm disappointed he's been sacked and that IMO it was a mistake.

Cmon..you can do better than that.

Now he's gone. So I stand by what I said. Move on for the good of the club. He ain't coming back.

That's crap mate.

I said id have had a change after Christmas..and then admitted that would have been wrong.

I also said I'm disappointed he's been sacked and that IMO it was a mistake.

Cmon..you can do better than that.

Now he's gone. So I stand by what I said. Move on for the good of the club. He ain't coming back.

I said yourself excluded lol

Guest LCFC_World

Exactly, maybe the burch or someone doing a speech at the first game about the great escape and mention Pearson's name a few times followed by a couple of minutes singing Pearson's name then that's the end of it.

I like Pearson but singing his name on the first day of the season is pointless and unfair on the new manager. It would've been nice to give him a send-off but that wouldn't have been possible unless he told us he was leaving before the last match against QPR.

From the first game of the season, the new manager needs a chance to impress without constant references to the past.

Telling people to move on after 5 days.... how about, get on with your own life and let people move on when good and ready. We're weeks from the start of the season, plenty of time for people to he it out of their system.

You do acknowledge that your summary is massively biased by your own stance - which was anti-Pearson for a very, very long time (just before you changed it right towards the end of the season)?

You do know you're actively exaggerating to make a point. I can't recall that many fans actually having made or making the points you're mentioning - not to that extent. It's your way of articulating that comes close to the "hysteria" you've been suggesting for a while. So, may I be exaggerating to make my point?

Here we go:

- Do you agree that it's very odd to back Pearson all the way until the end of the season, only to sack him after having achieved what few others had achieved before him?

- Do you agree that recently we've been linked with a plethora of strikers - which is odd, given the fact that, following the signing of Okazaki, we already have enough good to very good strikers at our disposal at the moment - at least on paper? Why no news on midfielders and/or defenders?

I can't see much fault in Pearson as a manager other than the fact that he might be a slow learner, but a learner he is. The three "incidents" have been and always will be blown out of proportion. They are/were odd in the worst case. Can't say the same about a lot of other managers in the game who are solely living off their reputation (partially created by the media) and their media persona. I don't see why I should be interested in Pearson as a man or analyze his private persona. It's private, after all.

- Do you agree that the names floating around as Person's replacement are predominantly scary suggestions (with the exception of Klopp maybe whom I can't see joining us)?

- Do you agree that the only new player with hefty price tag (Okazaki) will have to prove that he's made for the Premier League and will have to show the desire to aid the club first? Fuchs has joined on a free and we got Huth for a rather reasonable sum of money. So, where or who are those "mercenaries with crap attitude" you're talking about? Can you see why fans are getting a bit defensive/cautious, looking back at our recent history and how it's panned out with players we paid way over the odds for?

First of all, clearly im going over the top with the points ive made, to illustrate a point. Any fool can see that. But the point is that there HAS been an over the top reaction to the situation and its obvious for all to see if they could remove themself from the situation for a moment. Ive heard the sacking of Pearson demonstrating how our owners are dragging us into the gutter, despite giving them a chance to give an explanation, ive watched people say 5 years of hard work will be totally undone, not necessarily true, ive even heard the sacking compared to family members dying. Christ, innapropriate much?

I dont think its odd that they would have backed Pearson throughout the season and sacked him now if their relationship had come to a head after the season and there were differences that couldnt be resolved, no. Its possible that their relationship was strained during the season, which lets be fair was probably the case with the phantom sacking, and things had deteriorated and there was a "final straw" moment that saw him get the sack. Likewise, if there was a difference of opinion on how the club should be run, the Thai's are Pearson's boss. So they call the tune and if they want things done a certain way , and the manager doesnt like that, who makes way?

I agree that a Steve Cotterill or Neil Lennon is a scary alternative, but id certainly have no qualms about Sam Allardyce or Guus Hiddink leading the club. Sam Allardyce has been tarred with the same brush wherever he has gone, despite the fact he has gotten teams well organised and competitive, and has achieved a good deal of relative success. Is actually NOT a football dinosaur as he embraces the same off field scientific philosophies Pearson does. Hiddink is a manager of huge repute who brings a wealth of experience with him and undoubted success and a vast array of contacts.

You could say it could go wrong with these managers. Of course it could. It could also have gone wrong with Pearson. Whos to say that we werent a great escape away from sitting in this position, but a league below, having lost half of our players and ZERO chance of attracting a decent manager? The likes of Allardyce and Hiddink are too astute to just walk into a club and rip it up. They will adapt and work with what they have.

Of course Okazaki will have to prove himself but id read posts that were heavily suggesting that signing a player for a big sum of money was in itself a divisive and irresponsible thing to do. Not so. It had definitely been suggested that we were going back to the im here for the money Sven era. Not so in my opinion either. Again, it had been suggested that spending the big money was a departure away from the successful thrifty strategies of Pearson. Frankly, id have to say a fully fit Charlie Austin (keeping him fit is obviously the concern) would be an improvement to the squad, so if we do bring him in, i say fair play. A man who was pushing towards 20 premier league goals in a relegated team and averages 1 in 2 for his career is highly likely to improve any squad.

And as for improving the rest of the squad, lets wait and see on that one. There is time before the end of the season and I fully expect the centre of midfield will be reinforced. we have already made tentative approaches at the likes of Kante and N'Zonzi, so this area of the team has been highlighted. It took us a good while to get the Cambiasso deal over the line last season, so lets just hold fire on that one. Ill panic when that area of the team is a glaring weakness when the season kicks off, not now.

lol no worries, enjoy

Cheers buddy. I shouldn't really be on here, as I'm on holiday but what's the alternative? Speaking to the missis all day?

Christ no....

lol

Telling people to move on after 5 days.... how about, get on with your own life and let people move on when good and ready. We're weeks from the start of the season, plenty of time for people to he it out of their system.

You need to move on Babs..

:P

wtf!! no ambishun!!!

I can see absolutely no purpose whatsoever in singing the name of Pearson at our opening game.

Again, what purpose would this serve?

None whatsoever.

Not only would it be disrespectful to the new manager, it wouldn't bring Nigel back would it?

One more time, we are LCFC, not Pearson FC.

On the opening day, let's have some passion for the new bloke, some passion for the players and show a bit of class.

I don't see any purpose in singing one Nigel Pearson spontaneously and I certainly wouldn't direct it at the new manager or a bad performance. But if the Birch wheels the owners onto the pitch and we're told how great they are you can bet I'll be singing it.

If they don't then I'll sing one Nigel Pearson the next time he manages a club against us as a thank you. Doing it when he's not there would be a bit pointless.

The fans can sing what ever the f**k they like....

To move on or not without clarification behind the decision or to vent anger with it is every fans right...

I have a feeling most of us are pissed....

This is the equivalent to a father telling his daughter she can no longer go out with her boyfriend, the love of her life. Just a lot of crying, anger and moaning. I hope this isnt representative of the fan base, especially at games as it's going to be awful for the new manager and players during games.

I will say, I do like the idea of a tifo thanking Nige for the bang up work he has done for this club. Let that be a final thank you and give everybody some closure. Not that I could see the club agreeing to that haha.

Letting it creep into the support for any longer than the first few minutes would just be dentrimental to the performance and morale within the club though, I'd imagine.

:thumbdown:

If we're 2-0 up against Sunderland on the opening day at half time, it will be Nigel who? That's how football fans are. Didn't want to see him go but can only look forward now to what will be my 21st Leicester City manager.

Problem is out of the previous 20 only 5 maybe 6 was any good!

Of course if we're losing badly on the opening day could be a pretty toxic atmosphere!

Nah.

Removing this particular manager is a massive decision. Of course people are going to continue to point out we'd likely be better off if he were still in charge. It seems to me that the people asking us to move on don't want us to acknowledge how fantastic a manager Pearson was, and how damaging getting rid of him could be. It's like they're trying to sweep it under the carpet.

He was a great manager, and a massive shame he's gone. I backed I'm right through the two terrible runs he had, last season and a couple of years back. It also seems to me that those going over the top ranting about his departure don't want to acknowledge that maybe he has done something so bad it was worthy of him getting the sack.

Archived