Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Weller in Tights

Pearson has gone, let's move on

Look - Pearson did a damn fine job as a manager. His back room team found some unknown gems for us. Despite last season being pretty dismal we all enjoyed the Great Escape.

None of that alters the fact that the bloke is a bellend. PR wise he's an utter disaster. He must have known he was in thin ice but still pushes his employers until they snapped. It was a matter of time before he went and now is better than during the season.

People are banging on like it's most stupid decision ever made! Come on, look at the facts. 10 games ago we were tailed off at the bottom of the table, well behind 2 teams we finished ahead of the season before.

We was having a poor season. Pearson could well have been sacked before then, but i'm glad he wasn't. I didn't want him to be sacked then because I was expecting to be in the Championship in which he has proven to be a good manager.

We had an amazing 9 games at the end of the season and stayed up. Obviously it was a shock him being sacked now, but because of 9 games, I don't think people should view this as the end of the world like some are.

There are other good managers out there that will hopefully do an equally, if not better job in the Premier League.

I'm almost certain people aren't bemoaning his departure based on the last 9 games of last season

Well I certainly didn't but I'd prefer that to people turning up and booing before a balls even been kicked. Players themselves have said that a negative atmosphere does affect them badly, just seems counter productive to me

When exactly did people boo before a ball was kicked?

When exactly was there a negative atmosphere?

I thought the fans were amazingly patient considering the dreadful run we had last season, many mates who support other teams were surprised at how supportive we were.

I'm almost certain people aren't bemoaning his departure based on the last 9 games of last season

I think before those 9 games, people would have accepted the decision without too much moaning whether they agreed with it or not. 

Christ on a bike?

A hell of a lot of people om this forum are blinkingly blinded by Nigel Pearson as if he has only ever been our manager who has been succesful?

They are so blinded and so loyal to him that it gets to the point where it is annoyingly downright disgraceful to any other football manager. A hell of a lot of people on this forum about 75% of them conveniently forget the periods like last season from October to March on the premier league where we couldn't buy a win or even get one. We were bottom of the league for so long even bloody qpr and Burnley were above us. They too are the same fans who like Pearson never took any Cup game serious, especially the league Cup. The anount of times he chose an inferior team, fans travelled paid good money to support us and we crashed out without a whimper or a fight. They also conveniently forget, the period where we scraped into the playoffs in sixth place before the semi final play off against Watford. That season we were expected to get promotion and again we failed. For a Championship side and the amount of money we had spent and invested that season was deemed a failure. Pearson has had far more funds than any other manager we have ever had including Martin O' Neal, some people seem to forget that.

Stories are now being told of the reasons why he was sacked, his son in Thailand and the sordid racist sex tape and still they don't believe it? It's lazy journalism, a load of crap, I still can't believe it etc, etc.

Nigel Pearson was a good manager for Leicester City, he proved me wrong last season and the season we won the league but that was all he was a good manager not a great like Gillies or Martin O'Neal.

I have supported this great club through thick and thin. I like many others have spent vast amounts of money following us. A new manager will bring fresh ideas and impetus a change is as good as a rest. Instead of being negative cos Pearson has been sacked be bloody positive. His backroom staff are still here? If they were loyal to Pearson wouldn't thay have resigned if they thought it was a wrong or bad decision? After all they were at Hull with him and here in his first spell?

I will support our new manager whoever it is that includes the likes of Cotterill, Rednapp, davies, etc.

A lot of people also don't like Neal Lennon not because of footballing reasons at all. It's because of Religious reasons. Irish Catholics and Protestants don't like one another? A bit like Celtic v Rangers, Liverpool v Everton etc, etc.

Lennon has experience of playing football in Europe like it or loathe it he has beaten Barcelona in a European football match. Even Pearson hasn't got that on his cv.

Whoever is our next manager get behind him and support LCFC.

Pearson has gone, get over it and move the feck on!

He is easily up there with both, turned the club right around. Even now, I cant believe were actually in the Premier League again, and its all thanks to him and his staff.

Its ashame with how its all ended but your quite right, we do need to move on now and give our full support to whoever comes in to steady the boat.

Well I certainly didn't but I'd prefer that to people turning up and booing before a balls even been kicked. Players themselves have said that a negative atmosphere does affect them badly, just seems counter productive to me

The atmosphere was better last season when we were crap and 7 points adrift at the bottom, than now starting on 0 points like everyone else in July with the likelihood of a good new manager and a board who are investing in the squad.

Yeah, of course not all new signings come off, but it sure as hell beats spending naff all and losing your best players like Villa will probably do with Benteke, or being a Watford who have had 4 managers in a year.

The fever pitch of hysteria is mind blowing.

I agree.

This pose would be perfect:

nigel-4-3-lc7057-636280-1677934_478x359.

Lets have one built then, so we can get on with supporting the f*****g club. Ill take anything at this point.

Christ on a bike?

A hell of a lot of people om this forum are blinkingly blinded by Nigel Pearson as if he has only ever been our manager who has been succesful?

not at all, I appreciate other managers have been successful, but that doesn't change that Nigel has been a massive success for us and is a better manager than Steve bleeding Cotterill...

They are so blinded and so loyal to him that it gets to the point where it is annoyingly downright disgraceful to any other football manager. A hell of a lot of people on this forum about 75% of them conveniently forget the periods like last season from October to March on the premier league where we couldn't buy a win or even get one. We were bottom of the league for so long even bloody qpr and Burnley were above us.

Short termist nonsense and no better than people defending him on the basis of 9 games. If you look at the reign as a whole it's a massive success.

They too are the same fans who like Pearson never took any Cup game serious, especially the league Cup. The anount of times he chose an inferior team, fans travelled paid good money to support us and we crashed out without a whimper or a fight. 

They also conveniently forget, the period where we scraped into the playoffs in sixth place before the semi final play off against Watford. That season we were expected to get promotion and again we failed. For a Championship side and the amount of money we had spent and invested that season was deemed a failure. Pearson has had far more funds than any other manager we have ever had including Martin O' Neill, some people seem to forget that.

2008/09:

League Cup: Went out to Fulham, then a premiership side 

FA Cup - went out 3rd round after a replay to Crystal Palace, in the division above

JPT: Went out three rounds in to Rotherham, put out a full strength side earlier on in the competition and side was mostly full-strength here.

2009/10:

Fa Cup: out 4th round to Cardiff, who beat us at theirs in the league as well

League Cup: Out to Preston in the 2nd round, a team who beat us in the league that season as well

2011/12: 

League Cup: out before he arrived

FA Cup: out 6th round to Chelsea having played great in previous rounds

2012/13:

League Cup: Out to Burton, weakened team

Fa Cup: out to huddersfield in 4th round, poor but aside from Futacs, generally a first team side

2013/14:

League Cup: quarter finals, did well

FA Cup: Out to stoke, premiership side but side was reasonable

2014/15:

League Cup: shrewsbury, poor

Fa Cup: 5th Round, saw off two prem sides when we couldn't buy a win in the league

I count two games where he "didn't take it seriously.

One season of moderate failure. Promotion was the aims by any means necessary, we were one kick away from the play-off final, not as if we fell miles short.  And he didn't, Sven did. Pearson spent less than Sven and had to try and clear Svens shit as well.

Stories are now being told of the reasons why he was sacked, his son in Thailand and the sordid racist sex tape and still they don't believe it? It's lazy journalism, a load of crap, I still can't believe it etc, etc.

Because it doesn't quite fit, why would it take two more weeks to deal with it than his son and the other two?

Nigel Pearson was a good manager for Leicester City, he proved me wrong last season and the season we won the league but that was all he was a good manager not a great like Gillies or Martin O'Neill.

I have supported this great club through thick and thin. I like many others have spent vast amounts of money following us. A new manager will bring fresh ideas and impetus a change is as good as a rest. Instead of being negative cos Pearson has been sacked be bloody positive. His backroom staff are still here? If they were loyal to Pearson wouldn't thay have resigned if they thought it was a wrong or bad decision? After all they were at Hull with him and here in his first spell?

He's still one of the best managers we've had. Only 4 others have taken us up and kept us up since the war...

I'd like to say I have, but up until Pearson it was entirely thin for me. Which is why he was a good manager and one we should have kept on - 9 years of shite, he comes in and delivers success. Leaves, 18 months of shite, returns and delivers more success.

I'll be bloody positive when there's a ****ing reason to be. Right now there is nothing to be positive about: we'll get Cotterill or Lennon and head back to s championship relegation battle where they might find a level they're not completely useless at.

I will support our new manager whoever it is that includes the likes of Cotterill, Rednapp, davies, etc.

Then you're mad. Those three are guaranteed to be unmitigated disasters. Particularly Redknapp, do you not remember nearly going out of business in 2002? That should be enough to ward anyone away from a daft old twat with no financial sense...

A lot of people also don't like Neal Lennon not because of footballing reasons at all. It's because of Religious reasons. Irish Catholics and Protestants don't like one another? A bit like Celtic v Rangers, Liverpool v Everton etc, etc.

Lennon has experience of playing football in Europe like it or loathe it he has beaten Barcelona in a European football match. Even Pearson hasn't got that on his cv.

Right, and I'm a sort of atheist, sort of pagan who doesn't give a shit about catholics vs protestants, I don't want him because he's not a good manager...

A one time fluke with Barcelona, and playing football in Europe isn't that impressive given he did it with Celtic in Scotland.

Whoever is our next manager get behind him and support LCFC.

Pearson has gone, get over it and move the feck on!

Which, within reason I have already said I will do (if it's Redknapp, I make no apologies for calling for him to be sacked before the ink dries on his contract, being on the edge of financial oblivion once is one too many times for me).

It's been 5 days and there's nothing to move the **** on to.

I cant believe I'm reading some of this absolute rubbish!!!!

to the people that keep saying that they can't move on until they hear a real reason why he had the sack!!!!

GROW UP!!!!!

The reason that he was sacked was because and I quote "the working relationship between the manager and the owners was no longer viable"

This is a perfect reason would you want someone working for you if could not talk about anything or at least get on with them? I think the board have been so patient with Pearson over the past year he has been a consistent pain in the arse.

Who the owners employ to be the new manager will be who they think will be the best fit/choice for the job in both improving the squad and improving our clubs stature in the Prem.

Also for all of you who say that we as fans should be singing "Only one Nigel Pearson" at the first game!!!

What is that going to achieve?? I can tell you now sweet F**k All the only thing that will do is make our new manager who ever he is feel not wanted and 2ft tall. We should be getting behind our new manager regardless whether we think he was the correct appointment or not.

And finally I would love to know how many of you that are sticking up for and supporting Nigel Pearson, now we have survived our first year in the Prem, were slagging him and calling for him to be sacked 6month ago??

I will be honest I was never 100% a pearson fan but I always stuck by him!!! but end of the day he is no longer our manager and there's nothing we can do about that now so all I ask is that we all

Support the new manager! Support the team!! Support the Foxes!!!

Guest LCFC_World

I won't move on until we get a new man. We have nothing to move on to. Also as fans that pay money every week to watch leicester and the majority of us loved having Pearson in charge I think we deserve to know the real reason why he was sacked.

Lets have one built then, so we can get on with supporting the f*****g club. Ill take anything at this point.

lol yeah all this negativity is clearly upsetting our previous season preparations. How will the players get themselves fit without our support?

Archived