Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Weller in Tights

Pearson has gone, let's move on

I cant believe I'm reading some of this absolute rubbish!!!!

to the people that keep saying that they can't move on until they hear a real reason why he had the sack!!!!

GROW UP!!!!!

The reason that he was sacked was because and I quote "the working relationship between the manager and the owners was no longer viable"

This is a perfect reason would you want someone working for you if could not talk about anything or at least get on with them? I think the board have been so patient with Pearson over the past year he has been a consistent pain in the arse.

Who the owners employ to be the new manager will be who they think will be the best fit/choice for the job in both improving the squad and improving our clubs stature in the Prem.

Also for all of you who say that we as fans should be singing "Only one Nigel Pearson" at the first game!!!

What is that going to achieve?? I can tell you now sweet F**k All the only thing that will do is make our new manager who ever he is feel not wanted and 2ft tall. We should be getting behind our new manager regardless whether we think he was the correct appointment or not.

And finally I would love to know how many of you that are sticking up for and supporting Nigel Pearson, now we have survived our first year in the Prem, were slagging him and calling for him to be sacked 6month ago??

I will be honest I was never 100% a pearson fan but I always stuck by him!!! but end of the day he is no longer our manager and there's nothing we can do about that now so all I ask is that we all

Support the new manager! Support the team!! Support the Foxes!!!

How many other successful manager will they get rid of, just because they've decided they can't work with anymore?

lol yeah all this negativity is clearly upsetting our previous season preparations. How will the players get themselves fit without our support?

Its the sheer over the top nature of the reactions that is getting immensely tiring.

Owners are the worst owners to ever grace English football when 6 months ago they had godlike status. Actually scratch the 6 months part, six days more like.

Owners willing to invest in the playing squad are clearly off their nut and hell bent on ruining the club.

Anyone pointing out any kind of fault he had as a manager or man must be immediately laughed at.

Every possible managerial candidate are clearly rubbish and will almost certainly relegate us

Players must be thinking what the hell is going on to the extent they probably wont even show up and just watch telly instead.

New players coming with big price tags must obviously mean they are mercenaries with crap attitudes.

People genuinely will sing "one nigel pearson" at the first home game and i guarantee it wont be in appreciation either.

Barely anyone has any acceptance the owners are making decisions for the greater good, or at least trying to, or given an ounce of respect that anyone could manage the club well.

Its the sheer over the top nature of the reactions that is getting immensely tiring.

Owners are the worst owners to ever grace English football when 6 months ago they had godlike status.

Owners willing to invest in the playing squad are clearly off their nut and hell bent on ruining the club.

Anyone pointing out any kind of fault he had as a manager or man must be immediately laughed at.

Every possible managerial candidate are clearly rubbish and will almost certainly relegate us

Players must be thinking what the hell is going on to the extent they probably wont even show up and just watch telly instead.

New players coming with big price tags must obviously mean they are mercenaries with crap attitudes.

People genuinely will sing "one nigel pearson" at the first home game and i guarantee it wont be in appreciation either.

Barely anyone has any acceptance the owners are making decisions for the greater good, or at least trying to, or given an ounce of respect that anyone could manage the club well.

Well the majority seemingly accepting the owners decision, are the same ones who spent half of last season calling for Pearson's head. Its easier to swallow if it was a decision you were happy with.

Well the majority seemingly accepting the owners decision, are the same ones who spent half of last season calling for Pearson's head. Its easier to swallow if it was a decision you were happy with.

My stance is :

I thought the club would be better off getting rid of Pearson last season, but we didnt, we stuck with him and he turned it around. Immense credit to the man who has clearly had a wonderful Leicester career over two spells, immense credit to the board for holding their nerve and sticking with him.

Come the off season, the board sack Pearson. The decision is surprising to me in terms of its timing, but the parting of ways itself wasnt a huge shock. Perhaps the way it all transpired was, but no doubt the relationship between board and manager was at times strained and the board have made a decision they think was necessary to make.

However the board make a continued commitment to the club in terms of funding, real quality is being brought in, and a manager could be brought in who could most certainly get the best out of them, an Allardyce, maybe Hiddink.

The new manager comes in with a squad that will definitely be better than last seasons squad by the time pre season is over, hes had a little time to implement some of his ideas, theres no need for sweeping changes or really having to turn around a sinking ship, and all the fans could just put this Pearson mourning to bed, there is a realistic chance next season can be a good season for the club.

Now if we were supporting Blackpool, i could understand everyone going batshit. Using 50 players a season, ultimately having no players left, the manager walking out and no hope of getting anyone half decent in, a pitch resembling the pleasure beach and an owner that is frankly a petty thief.

BUT WE ARENT.

I think if people could just put the mourning to one side for about 10 minutes, theyd actually realise the club is in a decent position and there is still a good chance next season will be a good one for the club.

My stance is :

I thought the club would be better off getting rid of Pearson last season, but we didnt, we stuck with him and he turned it around. Immense credit to the man who has clearly had a wonderful Leicester career over two spells, immense credit to the board for holding their nerve and sticking with him.

Come the off season, the board sack Pearson. The decision is surprising to me in terms of its timing, but the parting of ways itself wasnt a huge shock. Perhaps the way it all transpired was, but no doubt the relationship between board and manager was at times strained and the board have made a decision they think was necessary to make.

However the board make a continued commitment to the club in terms of funding, real quality is being brought in, and a manager could be brought in who could most certainly get the best out of them, an Allardyce, maybe Hiddink.

The new manager comes in with a squad that will definitely be better than last seasons squad by the time pre season is over, hes had a little time to implement some of his ideas, theres no need for sweeping changes or really having to turn around a sinking ship, and all the fans could just put this Pearson mourning to bed, there is a realistic chance next season can be a good season for the club.

Now if we were supporting Blackpool, i could understand everyone going batshit. Using 50 players a season, ultimately having no players left, the manager walking out and no hope of getting anyone half decent in, a pitch resembling the pleasure beach and an owner that is frankly a petty thief.

BUT WE ARENT.

I think if people could just put the mourning to one side for about 10 minutes, theyd actually realise the club is in a decent position and there is still a good chance next season will be a good one for the club.

Its the close season, we haven't appointed a new manager yet, none of this has affected the support yet. So why are you deciding we can't be upset, just because you aren't? Some of us are old enough to have seen similar situations pan out and are finding it hard to think of ones that have ended well. You might find people will get over it quicker if you leave them to it, instead of getting out your big wooden spoon and mocking them but then we both know that's not really your motivation don't we.

Its the close season, we haven't appointed a new manager yet, none of this has affected the support yet. So why are you deciding we can't be upset, just because you aren't? Some of us are old enough to have seen similar situations pan out and are finding it hard to think of ones that have ended well. You might find people will get over it quicker if you leave them to it, instead of getting out your big wooden spoon and mocking them but then we both know that's not really your motivation don't we.

My wooden spoon and mocking?

Ive said it about 100 times since he has been sacked already, i am saying that i believe the reactions are over the top. Thats it.

Ive said it about 100 times since he has been sacked already, i am saying that i believe the reactions are over the top. Thats it.

Well maybe a hundred times would be enough for a reasonable person to realise, maybe no one gives a shit what you think.

I was a big Pearson fan and will continue to question the sacking until I see evidence that a well thought out replacement has been lined up.

We have little choice about our own personal stance - singing Pearson's name at any point will be counter-productive (although I expect it to happen) and I'll be getting behind the new manager - unless it's an appointment that quite frankly points at the fans and laughs (Dyche, Redknapp etc...) in which case I'd lose my entire support for our owners.

I think they've made a bad decision here although I think it was probably coming all along. Strong rumours about Redknapp being approached in September 2012 with Pearson still in charge, pretty much now sure Pearson was actually sacked and re-instated after the Palace game and not to forget that they had a role in letting him go the first time.

Given some of those things, along with who they've brought in before, I have little faith that they're going to bring the right man in here and regardless of if he'll get my support or not (which he will) I cannot change what I feel. I don't believe in blind faith.

I'm moving on, but I'm not going to pretend I'm happy about it.

And another thing thats really pissing me off too, is having fans at loggerheads with each other.

People were fighting in the stands last year at away games for crying out loud and it doesnt seem like much is going to change.

I'm not claiming they're trying to fail - I'm claiming their track record points to them making the wrong decision and that's why I can't pretend to have faith in them from here. If they pull Klopp out the bag then I'll eat my words. Any of the other names lined up so far fill me with little to no excitement.

Obviously there still is, I doubt you'd find anyone who argued otherwise, but the point is lit up in a massive neon sign: without the new manager in place, that chance is lower than it was at the start of the week, and that there are a number of appointments that would lower that chance even further.

Bob Weasel isn't an idiot. He's right. Pearson is gone. It's time to move on, get the right bloke appointed, sort the squad out and get ready for the new season.
This pining after Pearson is doing no-one any good, serves no purpose now and we all need to rally behind the next manager.
We are LCFC. We aren't Pearson FC.
I'm disappointed he's gone but tough titty. Take it on the chin and move on.

Totally agree with you. I was in support of Pearson even after the hull game, and if it was for purely footballing reasons the sacking was a bad decision. But it obviously wasn't for footballing reasons, and we don't know exactly what went on other than it was enough to push owners who have been exceptionally patient over the edge. In these circumstances some of the doom mongery is ridiculously over the top.

Bob Weasel isn't an idiot. He's right. Pearson is gone. It's time to move on, get the right bloke appointed, sort the squad out and get ready for the new season.

This pining after Pearson is doing no-one any good, serves no purpose now and we all need to rally behind the next manager.

Cheers Col

I agree we are LCFC and we will all miss big Nige in one way or another but it is time to look forward now

Nah.

Removing this particular manager is a massive decision. Of course people are going to continue to point out we'd likely be better off if he were still in charge. It seems to me that the people asking us to move on don't want us to acknowledge how fantastic a manager Pearson was, and how damaging getting rid of him could be. It's like they're trying to sweep it under the carpet.

I called him an idiot because he used the term 'Pearsonite'. It means he's either very young, or very very stupid. I mean, for him to say that is unbelievable. A grown man shouldn't be simplifying things by saying such nonsense when most arguments for and against the sacking have been at least moderately constructive.

I called him an idiot because he used the term 'Pearsonite'. It means he's either very young, or very very stupid. I mean, for him to say that is unbelievable. A grown man shouldn't be simplifying things by saying such nonsense when most arguments for and against the sacking have been at least moderately constructive.

cheers for that explanation

I think you may one day realise you over reacted to something that wasn't even an argument

Plenty of people on this forum have used Pearson lover Pearsonite and Pearson supporter etc they all mean the same thing and in my eyes arent derogatory buy you fill your boots and be rude anyway if it helps you

Once again chin up old boy and just try and stay positive

I cant believe I'm reading some of this absolute rubbish!!!!

to the people that keep saying that they can't move on until they hear a real reason why he had the sack!!!!

GROW UP!!!!!

The reason that he was sacked was because and I quote "the working relationship between the manager and the owners was no longer viable"

This is a perfect reason would you want someone working for you if could not talk about anything or at least get on with them? I think the board have been so patient with Pearson over the past year he has been a consistent pain in the arse.

Who the owners employ to be the new manager will be who they think will be the best fit/choice for the job in both improving the squad and improving our clubs stature in the Prem.

Also for all of you who say that we as fans should be singing "Only one Nigel Pearson" at the first game!!!

What is that going to achieve?? I can tell you now sweet F**k All the only thing that will do is make our new manager who ever he is feel not wanted and 2ft tall. We should be getting behind our new manager regardless whether we think he was the correct appointment or not.

And finally I would love to know how many of you that are sticking up for and supporting Nigel Pearson, now we have survived our first year in the Prem, were slagging him and calling for him to be sacked 6month ago??

I will be honest I was never 100% a pearson fan but I always stuck by him!!! but end of the day he is no longer our manager and there's nothing we can do about that now so all I ask is that we all

Support the new manager! Support the team!! Support the Foxes!!!

You seem to confuse "official explanation" with "actual reason". The statement you quoted was nothing but a dangling carrot for the masses (e.g. media and fans alike).

How do you know that "he has been a consistent pain in the arse" for the owners? Pure speculation or do you know more - without wanting to declare it?

Are you working for the club by any chance?

Surely any new manager would acknowledge Pearson's achievements and the fact fans might still chant his name, for the first few games at least.

Fans may be chanting Pearson's name for a while longer if the new manager isnt getting results but I'm sure the Thais factored this in their decision, the manager too, before signing his contract.

We didnt even get to give Nige a proper send off and thank you for his time with us.

The QPR game was a celebration and we left feeling exhausted, relieved and anticipating another season in the Premier League with Pearson at the helm.

Fans have no say in what happens at their club but this doesnt mean we are robots who just carry on regardless.

Surely any new manager would acknowledge Pearson's achievements and the fact fans might still chant his name, for the first few games at least.

Fans may be chanting Pearson's name for a while longer if the new manager isnt getting results but I'm sure the Thais factored this in their decision, the manager too, before signing his contract.

We didnt even get to give Nige a proper send off and thank you for his time with us.

The QPR game was a celebration and we left feeling exhausted, relieved and anticipating another season in the Premier League with Pearson at the helm.

Fans have no say in what happens at their club but this doesnt mean we are robots who just carry on regardless.

I can see absolutely no purpose whatsoever in singing the name of Pearson at our opening game.

Again, what purpose would this serve?

None whatsoever.

Not only would it be disrespectful to the new manager, it wouldn't bring Nigel back would it?

One more time, we are LCFC, not Pearson FC.

On the opening day, let's have some passion for the new bloke, some passion for the players and show a bit of class.

Owners are the worst owners to ever grace English football when 6 months ago they had godlike status. Actually scratch the 6 months part, six days more like.

You do acknowledge that your summary is massively biased by your own stance - which was anti-Pearson for a very, very long time (just before you changed it right towards the end of the season)?

You do know you're actively exaggerating to make a point. I can't recall that many fans actually having made or making the points you're mentioning - not to that extent. It's your way of articulating that comes close to the "hysteria" you've been suggesting for a while. So, may I be exaggerating to make my point?

Here we go:

- Do you agree that it's very odd to back Pearson all the way until the end of the season, only to sack him after having achieved what few others had achieved before him?

- Do you agree that recently we've been linked with a plethora of strikers - which is odd, given the fact that, following the signing of Okazaki, we already have enough good to very good strikers at our disposal at the moment - at least on paper? Why no news on midfielders and/or defenders?

I can't see much fault in Pearson as a manager other than the fact that he might be a slow learner, but a learner he is. The three "incidents" have been and always will be blown out of proportion. They are/were odd in the worst case. Can't say the same about a lot of other managers in the game who are solely living off their reputation (partially created by the media) and their media persona. I don't see why I should be interested in Pearson as a man or analyze his private persona. It's private, after all.

- Do you agree that the names floating around as Person's replacement are predominantly scary suggestions (with the exception of Klopp maybe whom I can't see joining us)?

- Do you agree that the only new player with hefty price tag (Okazaki) will have to prove that he's made for the Premier League and will have to show the desire to aid the club first? Fuchs has joined on a free and we got Huth for a rather reasonable sum of money. So, where or who are those "mercenaries with crap attitude" you're talking about? Can you see why fans are getting a bit defensive/cautious, looking back at our recent history and how it's panned out with players we paid way over the odds for?

Guest LCFC_World

If no new manager has come in by the opening game then I don't see the problem with singing Pearson's name. Also, a banner saying 'thank you nigel' and 2 minutes of singing his name wouldn't hurt anyone.

I can see absolutely no purpose whatsoever in singing the name of Pearson at our opening game.

Again, what purpose would this serve?

None whatsoever.

Not only would it be disrespectful to the new manager, it wouldn't bring Nigel back would it?

One more time, we are LCFC, not Pearson FC.

On the opening day, let's have some passion for the new bloke, some passion for the players and show a bit of class.

The purpose would be to show Nigel we didnt want him to get sacked/thank him for all he did for us.

I'll say again the new manager would accept/expect this.

Archived