Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Weller in Tights

Pearson has gone, let's move on

Except of course, anyone who truly loves the club, knows they need to move on, and accept that the Pearson era is now over, and get on with supporting the team and who ever the new manager may be.

The question people need to ask themselves is, do they support Nigel Pearson more than they support Leicester City?

If they do, then fair enough, i would suggest they go and support which ever team Pearson manages next, where they can sing "we love you nigel we do", to their hearts content, while the rest of us get on with supporting the club we truly love, and who are more important than any ex manager.

I absolutely loathe that argument of 'you support Pearson and not the club'. The same people saying get behind the new manager for the good of the club are probably the same people that were booing Pearson and creating the same negative atmosphere they are encouraging others not to create. Hypocrites!

Except of course, anyone who truly loves the club, knows they need to move on, and accept that the Pearson era is now over, and get on with supporting the team and who ever the new manager may be.

The question people need to ask themselves is, do they support Nigel Pearson more than they support Leicester City?

If they do, then fair enough, i would suggest they go and support which ever team Pearson manages next, where they can sing "we love you nigel we do", to their hearts content, while the rest of us get on with supporting the club we truly love, and who are more important than any ex manager.

People who 'truly love the club' have every right to be upset about a decision that could quite easily damage the future of the club, if people felt they could just go off and support whoever Pearson manages the wouldn't be this upset would they? We're upset because the club have made a stupid decision. And frankly you've got absolutely no right to decide who does and doesn't love Leicester City.

My concern is the sacking of Pearson does not appear to be a strategic move but more of a reactionary one by the club as there is still no sign of a Pearson replacement and pre-season is only just around the corner.

In the opinion of most supporters, whether pro or anti Pearson, the guy who has just been shown the door is one of the best post war managers we have had at the club and he has gone for what?

Agree that at some point we have to move on but for me at present unless we move in someone who will be an improvement on Pearson or we atleast get a clear definitive reason from the club as to why he has gone then the whole thing is just one big mess. I fear for the whole infrastructure of the club if key members of the back room staff also move on. 

One week ago I was planning trips to Lincoln and Mansfield with a real buzz about the new season and now I prepare for my Summer break knowing that someone will be appointed whilst I am away but quite frankly with the names being linked it does not fill me with a whole lot of confidence.

Had I have been at Grace Road last night I would have been chanting his name too - not in the hope of re-instatement because that is never going to happen but just out of frustration for what on the face of it looks like the most bizarre Premiership dismissal in the history of the league.

Steve,

I am sure you are right that this sacking was reactionary which does mean everyone were caught on the hop with no plan.  So it will take the club time to sit down and work out what type of manager they want, then create a list of candidates, then contact them directly or through their agents then go through and interview process and eventually agree a deal with someone.  This could take weeks to get the right person.  It could be done quicker if the right guy can be interviewed and hired soon. But I think it could be at least another week before we could have a replacement.  As uncomfortable as it is as a fan not to have a manager for a period of time the rest of the staff will work with the team until we do get the right person.  I for one want the club to use the time to get the right person, not the one who takes the job the quickest!

Someone likened it to a death in the family. I thought that was way over the top at first.

But now I'd just give anything to see him in a City tracksuit again, and knowing I never will is a bloody sad thought.

Errr no, that actually is way over the top.

Losing a parent compared to losing a football manager? youre a loser.

You struck a nerve there.

Once again proving that the sorts of people who engage with anything labelled as [X]bible on facebook are idiotic wanktanks with absolutely no idea of what comedy is or how to be funny. The sort that use the word banter thinking it substitutes for actual wit.

lol

Piss off mate.

My dad died in January.

Sorry for your loss, but youre still being way over the top. WAY over the top.

The club really has become Pearson FC, and this is Pearsontalk. It might be better for everyone if we just accept this perhaps.

What a cretinous post! Obviously we'll have to move on at some point but when its so fresh in the mind, the majority of fans are in a state of shock/mourning. NP was a great manager but its when put into context, you realise why so many fans are so gutted. We've had utter drivel such MON left and one guy came in and managed to do a good job; Pearson. That is why, I won't 'move on' for a while. If you're not even a little worried about what's next, then you need to have a long, hard look at yourself.

Oh and because I love this club, I'm gutted we've got rid of such a good all-round manager and been linked with lower league managers and has-beens.

Pearson will forever be held in high esteem.

Pearson is statistically the best manager we have ever had.  He has chalked up notable achievements such as our longest ever winning streak, our best streak in the PL and our longest winning run.  More significantly, he has won two promotions with the club, both as Champions.  Pearson has turned the club around from its darkest period and steadied the ship after Sven's spending spree.  Pearson and his team also regularly pick great players out of obscurity which turn out to be a success for the club.  Also, last season he managed the club to the most statistically unlikely 'Great Escape'.

However, Pearson has also frozen out players who he has had disagreements with.  He has had his fair share of poor runs too, one of which happened last season and needed a statistical miracle to turn around.  The first time he left the club it was because he did not get on with a member of staff, and if rumours are to be believed, there are people within the club he does not get along with now.  He also partook in many widely reported bizarre episodes last season and, again in rumour is to be believed, stated to the owners that his son's crime was not being involved in the sex tape, but allowing it to be distributed.

I think people's fanatical devotion to Pearson is just a short-termist, knee jerk reaction to the fantastic run we had last season.  It is based on nothing more concrete than the 'Pearson Haters' who saw there ranks grow exponentially during last season's bad run.

We have lost a talented manager who has bought this club success. Whether he would've continued with this success next season isn't known, but it is not a certainty that he would.  So a new manager is not necessary that much more of a risk than keeping a manager who struggled for much of last season.

Pearson - definitely a not to be forgotten Leicester great, but certainly not irreplaceable.

Spot on!

There will never, ever, be a manager that every Leicester fan would be disgusted, shocked and outraged to see sacked. See there is a decent section of Leicester City fans who, how can I put this kindly, post on Bentleys Roof. And those people will never be satisfied because they have ridiculous expectations. Nigel Pearson was an incredibly good manager for this football club, the fact that some people disagree with that doesn't mean it's not true, it just means that some people are stupid.

There are plenty with delusional aspirations on here as well. And remember, this forum had "Pearson out" members as well

Sorry for your loss, but youre still being way over the top. WAY over the top.

The club really has become Pearson FC, and this is Pearsontalk. It might be better for everyone if we just accept this perhaps.

I wasn't the one that actually made the comparison. I was just agreeing with the sentiment that however much you want to see someone again ( as our manager in Nige's case, or in any situation in Dad's case) but knowing you never will is pretty disheartening. Obviously the two are incomparable but its quite uncanny that the feelings are similar in some respects.

I had a great time watching City under Pearson, and will miss his mad starey mardiness.

Nonetheless NP has been behaving rather bizarrely and surely another incident would see him gone, and us up the creek without a paddle.

"If it were to be done, tis better for it to be done quickly"

A new manager for the pre-season is better than being managerless in the autumn.

The people on here who are saying 'Got to support the club and move on' are the same people that were calling for Pearson's head through the majority of last season. I'm sure that really helped 'supporting the club.' If you are asking us to just sit and accept decision the club ever makes no matter how stupid then you're asking us to do things which might not be in the best interest of the club. Such hypocritical bollocks.

The people on here who are saying 'Got to support the club and move on' are the same people that were calling for Pearson's head through the majority of last season. I'm sure that really helped 'supporting the club.' If you are asking us to just sit and accept decision the club ever makes no matter how stupid then you're asking us to do things which might not be in the best interest of the club. Such hypocritical bollocks.

It's infuriating isn't it?

Once again proving that the sorts of people who engage with anything labelled as [X]bible on facebook are idiotic wanktanks with absolutely no idea of what comedy is or how to be funny. The sort that use the word banter thinking it substitutes for actual wit.

This x1000

I dunno whats happening but I'm finding recently that I'm agreeing with more and more of your posts lol

There will never, ever, be a manager that every Leicester fan would be disgusted, shocked and outraged to see sacked. See there is a decent section of Leicester City fans who, how can I put this kindly, post on Bentleys Roof. And those people will never be satisfied because they have ridiculous expectations. Nigel Pearson was an incredibly good manager for this football club, the fact that some people disagree with that doesn't mean it's not true, it just means that some people are stupid.

It's an opinion, everyone is entitled to one. Some of us could also see his short comings and didn't rush to find an excuse for him or to blame Lineker or Kasabian.

Look at the candidates seriously being mentioned on here: Cotterill, a man who has failed at the bottom end of the championship, Lennon, a step back from Pearson in terms of footballing qualities and from a PR perspective, Klopp, a man who could walk into any premiership job he felt like (why wouldn't he wait the 3 months until Liverpool sack Rodgers), Allardyce, who has said he wants a year out and doesn't want to come, and Hiddink, 

The only ones that would be an improvement, Klopp, Allardyce and Hiddink, one has said he won't come, one is highly unlikely to be interested, only Hiddink is remotely realistic, and there's serious questions over his commitment and whether he's over the hill. When the only manager who isn't a proven failure or not interested in a 68 year old Dutchman who many are suggesting needs to retire for his own sake, that's not an appealing list.

Christ on a bike?

A hell of a lot of people om this forum are blinkingly blinded by Nigel Pearson as if he has only ever been our manager who has been succesful?

They are so blinded and so loyal to him that it gets to the point where it is annoyingly downright disgraceful to any other football manager. A hell of a lot of people on this forum about 75% of them conveniently forget the periods like last season from October to March on the premier league where we couldn't buy a win or even get one. We were bottom of the league for so long even bloody qpr and Burnley were above us. They too are the same fans who like Pearson never took any Cup game serious, especially the league Cup. The anount of times he chose an inferior team, fans travelled paid good money to support us and we crashed out without a whimper or a fight. They also conveniently forget, the period where we scraped into the playoffs in sixth place before the semi final play off against Watford. That season we were expected to get promotion and again we failed. For a Championship side and the amount of money we had spent and invested that season was deemed a failure. Pearson has had far more funds than any other manager we have ever had including Martin O' Neal, some people seem to forget that.

Stories are now being told of the reasons why he was sacked, his son in Thailand and the sordid racist sex tape and still they don't believe it? It's lazy journalism, a load of crap, I still can't believe it etc, etc.

Nigel Pearson was a good manager for Leicester City, he proved me wrong last season and the season we won the league but that was all he was a good manager not a great like Gillies or Martin O'Neal.

I have supported this great club through thick and thin. I like many others have spent vast amounts of money following us. A new manager will bring fresh ideas and impetus a change is as good as a rest. Instead of being negative cos Pearson has been sacked be bloody positive. His backroom staff are still here? If they were loyal to Pearson wouldn't thay have resigned if they thought it was a wrong or bad decision? After all they were at Hull with him and here in his first spell?

I will support our new manager whoever it is that includes the likes of Cotterill, Rednapp, davies, etc.

A lot of people also don't like Neal Lennon not because of footballing reasons at all. It's because of Religious reasons. Irish Catholics and Protestants don't like one another? A bit like Celtic v Rangers, Liverpool v Everton etc, etc.

Lennon has experience of playing football in Europe like it or loathe it he has beaten Barcelona in a European football match. Even Pearson hasn't got that on his cv.

Whoever is our next manager get behind him and support LCFC.

Pearson has gone, get over it and move the feck on!

You are missing my point - I am not looking for chapter and verse but an explanation as to why the decision has been made. There was a time when as a supporter of your football club you could ask that question and stand a chance of getting an honest response but we are scorned upon by some for even asking. It remains a mystery to me until somebody puts some meat on the bones.

I can see where you're coming from, but there was an explanation, albeit very meagre, and I doubt it will be elaborated on by the Club. Football Clubs just don't do that. Have they ever?

I hope you find closure....Not being given a concise enough reason as to why Nigel Pearson got the sack must be absolute torture.

I absolutely loathe that argument of 'you support Pearson and not the club'. The same people saying get behind the new manager for the good of the club are probably the same people that were booing Pearson and creating the same negative atmosphere they are encouraging others not to create. Hypocrites!

What about those who told 'the haters' to support another club or NFP himself who said 'if you don't like it, don't bother turning up'?

What about those who told 'the haters' to support another club or NFP himself who said 'if you don't like it, don't bother turning up'?

Well I certainly didn't but I'd prefer that to people turning up and booing before a balls even been kicked. Players themselves have said that a negative atmosphere does affect them badly, just seems counter productive to me

People are banging on like it's most stupid decision ever made! Come on, look at the facts. 10 games ago we were tailed off at the bottom of the table, well behind 2 teams we finished ahead of the season before. 

We was having a poor season. Pearson could well have been sacked before then, but i'm glad he wasn't. I didn't want him to be sacked then because I was expecting to be in the Championship in which he has proven to be a good manager. 

We had an amazing 9 games at the end of the season and stayed up. Obviously it was a shock him being sacked now, but because of 9 games, I don't think people should view this as the end of the world like some are.

There are other good managers out there that will hopefully do an equally, if not better job in the Premier League. 

A lot of people also don't like Neal Lennon not because of footballing reasons at all. It's because of Religious reasons. Irish Catholics and Protestants don't like one another? A bit like Celtic v Rangers, Liverpool v Everton etc, etc.

Lennon has experience of playing football in Europe like it or loathe it he has beaten Barcelona in a European football match. Even Pearson hasn't got that on his cv.

Whoever is our next manager get behind him and support LCFC.

Pearson has gone, get over it and move the feck on!

I don't want him through footballing reasons, at this present moment I don't see him as an upgrade on Pearson. In a few years time he might well be. In any case, Pearson wasn't sacked for footballing reasons so if it's to do with behaviour, I'm afraid Lennon is no angel either.

The next manager will get support, if it is Lennon I will back him despite my concerns because I hope the next manager is even better than the last one.

Archived