Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Filbert_Ross

Jordan Veretout

I don't think anyone's arguing we're bigger but we're certainly better.

They tread water every year, they're going nowhere. We had a better squad last season and finished above them. We'd have been miles above them if we played to our strengths all season.

So we are better after one season in the Prem in 10 years and they just finished fa cup runners up,  no doubt will re invest the money from delph and benteke

Emmanuel Adebayor undergoing medical with Aston Villa as striker closes in on season-long loan move from Tottenham

Id say to foreign singing they are a much better proposition to Leicester, and if you don't realise that then you are in that river in Egypt 

Doesn't matter who they beat. They still made the final.

We beat Tranmere in the league cup final or are you writing that off because they're not a decent side?

Kind Ironic they beat us on the way

What I'm saying is, he didn't get "thrashed by teams above him" all the time.

Sorry, not all the time. Just 80% of the time that he played them... As I said, whenever he came across a side that his team weren't already superior to, they got done. So, all he'd do is rack up wins against dross. Like a flat track bully, as I said.

Doesn't matter who they beat. They still made the final.

We beat Tranmere in the league cup final or are you writing that off because they're not a decent side?

Well when you're arguing how good a manager is, of course it matters.

Martin O'Neill wasn't considered a good manager because we beat Tranmere was he? Had we not finished in  the top 10 regularly a few cup runs wouldn't have made him so sought after.

I believe Dave Jones was manager of Cardiff when they got to the FA Cup Final. Does that make him a good premiership manager?

So we are better after one season in the Prem in 10 years and they just finished fa cup runners up,  no doubt will re invest the money from Delth and benteke

Emmanuel Adebayor undergoing medical with Aston Villa as striker closes in on season-long loan move from Tottenham

Id say to foreign singing they are a much better proposition to Leicester, and if you don't realise that then you are in that river in Egypt 

Kind Ironic they beat us on the way

So, they're signing an over the hill striker with a serious attitude problem, while we've signed one of the best strikers his nation (a far better one than Togo) has ever produced, who is also still in his pomp and showing it. Clearly being out competed by them  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

lol Apparently it doesn't count because we played poor.

Well that's not what's being said now is it? It's that their run wasn't exactly a test of his managerial skills, ****ing hell a chimp in a suit could have set up a side to beat us that day.

Well when you're arguing how good a manager is, of course it matters.

Martin O'Neill wasn't considered a good manager because we beat Tranmere was he? Had we not finished in  the top 10 regularly a few cup runs wouldn't have made him so sought after.

I believe Dave Jones was manager of Cardiff when they got to the FA Cup Final. Does that make him a good premiership manager?

So you seriously believe that to a foreign signing because Leicester finished above Aston villa for the 1st time in about 14 years we as a club are a more attractive proposal 

So, they're signing an over the hill striker with a serious attitude problem, while we've signed one of the best strikers his nation (a far better one than Togo) has ever produced, who is also still in his pomp and showing it. Clearly being out competed by them  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

Well that's not what's being said now is it? It's that their run wasn't exactly a test of his managerial skills, ****ing hell a chimp in a suit could have set up a side to beat us that day.

Well by the same method of thinking I guess benteke was finished under Lambert

Benteke at Villa without Sherwood:

37 goals in 85 games, goals per game: 0.43

Benteke at Villa with Sherwood:

8 goals in 8 games, goals per game: 1.00

Adebayor at Spurs without Sherwood:

28 goals in 87 games, goals per game: 0.32

Adebayor at Spurs with Sherwood:

14 goals in 24 games, goals per game: 0.58

Captain Bellend strikes again

So you seriously believe that to a foreign signing because Leicester finished above Aston villa for the 1st time in about 14 years we as a club are a more attractive proposal 

No. What I would say that makes us a more attractive proposal is that we've got a better manager and we're aiming for top half and europe within the next 3/4 years. They've got a gimp in a tie and just want to be good enough to get 17th, then stop.

They beat Liverpool.

As he said, the first decent side.

Do you think a 22 year old Frenchman is in awe of the majesty and power of Aston bloody Villa? Yeah they won the European Cup thirty years ago but come on. If we give him and his club the right money he'll come here

As I said, the first time they played a decent side they got their arses handed to them.

The team that finished 6th aren't "decent"? Ok. Nobody would have bet on Villa to beat Liverpool that day.

No. What I would say that makes us a more attractive proposal is that we've got a better manager and we're aiming for top half and europe within the next 3/4 years. They've got a gimp in a tie and just want to be good enough to get 17th, then stop.

I doubt that's 'the sell' they are giving prospective players.

Do you think a 22 year old Frenchman is in awe of the majesty and power of Aston bloody Villa? Yeah they won the European Cup thirty years ago but come on. If we give him and his club the right money he'll come here

Oh your are just missing the last 10 year in the Championship then?

So we are better after one season in the Prem in 10 years and they just finished fa cup runners up,  no doubt will re invest the money from delph and benteke

Seriously, why is this more relevant than us finishing above them over a 38 game season?

Talk about people picking and choosing facts to support their arguments.

And what difference does it make where we were 2, 5 or 10 years ago?

That remains to be seen

Seriously, why is this more relevant than us finishing above them over a 38 game season?

Talk about people picking and choosing facts to support their arguments.

And what difference does it make where we were 2, 5 or 10 years ago?

If your lively hood and career was at stake would you look at 1 year or the last 5 at least

Archived