Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Filbert_Ross

Jordan Veretout

On my little knowledge of the French players I'm not sure I want Veretout.

Ideally we'd sign Aranguiz which in turn would make Kante see us in a different light and we'd have those pair bossing our midfield with Mahrez in front of them.

Managed to come up with a conspiracy theory that makes sense (pretty 'desperate' one aswell)

We identify targets that aren't quite good enough and leak our interest in them. Villa (who I know had a poor scouting network under lambert) think he must be worth it if we are interested. We allow them to make the deal and come back in when too late just to make sure that they get it over the line.

can't find another explanation that allows me to look forward to a week on Saturday and what follows. I can't do another season like last. My hair fell out ages ago and my nails went with it.

Managed to come up with a conspiracy theory that makes sense (pretty 'desperate' one aswell)

We identify targets that aren't quite good enough and leak our interest in them. Villa (who I know had a poor scouting network under lambert) think he must be worth it if we are interested. We allow them to make the deal and come back in when too late just to make sure that they get it over the line.

Sounds legit.

can't find another explanation that allows me to look forward to a week on Saturday and what follows. I can't do another season like last. My hair fell out ages ago and my nails went with it.

I wouldn't say so myself, Okore and Benteke were great signings.

I wouldn't say so myself, Okore and Benteke were great signings.

Signed benteke v early on - likely identified under the previous regimes scouting network (or possibly the Norwich one). I know that the villa network was slowly dismantled under his stewardship.

Okore decent - granted but a broken clock is right twice a day.

Signed benteke v early on - likely identified under the previous regimes scouting network (or possibly the Norwich one). I know that the villa network was slowly dismantled under his stewardship.

Okore decent - granted but a broken clock is right twice a day.

It wasn't really his signings that failed him.

Sanchez and Carles Gill aren't bad players either.

He only has himself to blame in the tactics department though, basically ordered his team not to score.

No you didnt

you said

"I'd never even heard of this guy and I still no bugger all about him but I'm desperate for us to sign him now just to prove to Villa who's the better club".

Like I said to a foreign signing who knows little about the Premier League we are not a better club

and given the choice on Paper between Leicester and Villa we will not be a more attractive proposal despite finishing 3 places above them for the 1st time in 20 odd years.

To said signing

Have you heard of Leicester? not so much only the last year

Have you heard of Aston villa yes lots over the last 10 years

Hence Aston Villa would be a more attractive proposal

"I mean, they're constantly battling relegation and their style of football is total dogshit, but I've heard of them more than Leicester. Where do I sign?"

Behave.

You seriously think we're planting rumours so that other clubs buy crap? Not a chance.

We've had far too much going on at our own club to worry about what teams like villa are doing - let alone trying to actually influence it..

He won't sign for us, we should have signed another midfielder last season. We should count ourselves lucky that Cambiasso wasn't injured for a large part of last season or Pearson would steered us straight down!!

Huth was just as influential as Cambiasso.

He won't sign for us, we should have signed another midfielder last season. We should count ourselves lucky that Cambiasso wasn't injured for a large part of last season or Pearson would steered us straight down!!

lol lol

Some people just look for any excuse

There were many factors, cambiasso and huth.

But also the improved form of vardy, albrighton, sclupp.

Yup... what actually happens seems to be solely credited to Cambiasso by manynow, probably perpetuated by the myth of him actually planning all the tactics etc :rolleyes:

He played well, I think his mental attitude was probably more of a key factor than his actual performance on the pitch. In most games you could pick out other players being better than him.

He was a good player, I had his back when others looked to run him down at every opportunity... but god, there seems to have been a massive overstatement about how good he actually was since the end of the season.

Some people make me laugh on here. Getting so wound up because we aren't closing players. It's not like a supermarket, Clauido and Rudkin don't just take their £7 million, go over to the centre midfield aisle and pick someone off the shelf and leave. There's an unbelievable amount of variables in what is essentially, someone changing jobs and moving to another country. Ask yourself, would you up yourself and your family, move to a country where you have no ties what so ever, to work with a bunch of people you've never met, for a company you've only heard of for a few weeks? 

Some people make me laugh on here. Getting so wound up because we aren't closing players. It's not like a supermarket, Clauido and Rudkin don't just take their £7 million, go over to the centre midfield aisle and pick someone off the shelf and leave. There's an unbelievable amount of variables in what is essentially, someone changing jobs and moving to another country. Ask yourself, would you up yourself and your family, move to a country where you have no ties what so ever, to work with a bunch of people you've never met, for a company you've only heard of for a few weeks?

Yeh fer 30 grand a week!!!!

Yeh fer 30 grand a week!!!!

maybe 35 grand a week and bonus's!!!

Archived