Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Filbert_Ross

Jordan Veretout

The team that finished 6th aren't "decent"? Ok. Nobody would have bet on Villa to beat Liverpool that day.

Liverpool are doggo, let's be clear. Even QPR didn't get smashed by Stoke.

That remains to be seen

Ranieri has got sides up to second where they've been miles away in both Italy and France, as well as building the basis of what would have been a dynasty but for the mad Russian at Chelsea (that last season, but the the once in a blue moon invincibles, would have been a title winning one). Sherwood has one ok half season with Spurs and a good month with Villa. Clearly a difficult call  :rolleyes:

I doubt that's 'the sell' they are giving prospective players.

You'd expect your average player would still be able to see the self-evident. You've got to be one hell of a salesman (the sort that can pitch a house in a knife crime hotspot as being in a vibrant area with a straight face) to sell beyond that.

Oh your are just missing the last 10 year in the Championship then?

The past isn't that important compared to the ambition and plans for the future. Villa are idling backwards, we're gunning forward. 

So you seriously believe that to a foreign signing because Leicester finished above Aston villa for the 1st time in about 14 years we as a club are a more attractive proposal 

Yeh, because football players don't give a shit that Villa won the league 35 years ago.

Do they even average much more in attendances? They don't fill their ground.

I genuinely can't see why a player would want to sign for Villa over us. They've got little short term potential, narrowly avoided the drop last year, they've lost their best players. We have a more talented squad and proved it with our finish last season.

The s wasn't for plural it was for possession.

As in up their arses.

But their is inherently plural, unless using it as a neutral pronoun, and either way there's no need to add an apostrophe to the possessive pronoun, as with 'his', 'yours', 'its', etc.

Yeh, because football players don't give a shit that Villa won the league 35 years ago.

I genuinely can't see why a player would want to sign for Villa over us. They've got little short term potential, narrowly avoided the drop last year, they've lost their best players. We have a more talented squad and proved it with our finish last season.

Its nothing to do with the fact Villa won the League 35 years ago, Leicester spent the majority of the season bottom of the league after just being promoted Aston Villa were Fa cup finalist and have been in the Premier/top division since 1992 

So as such they are a much more stable club, and attractive proposition to any potential signing 

Please explain why Leicester are a bigger club, and better prospect for a new signing excluding money offered 

If your lively hood and career was at stake would you look at 1 year or the last 5 at least

Ok let's look at the last 5 then.

Leicester finishes:

10th (Champ)

9th (Champ)

6th (Champ)

1st (Champ)

14th (Prem)

Villa finishes

9th (Prem)

16th (Prem)

15th (Prem)

15th (Prem)

17th (Prem)

So, what I see is us consistently improving over a 5 year period, and Villa stagnating and regressing.

Its nothing to do with the fact Villa won the League 35 years ago, Leicester spent the majority of the season bottom of the league after just being promoted Aston Villa were Fa cup finalist and have been in the Premier/top division since 1992 

So as such they are a much more stable club, and attractive proposition to any potential signing 

Please explain why Leicester are a bigger club, and better prospect for a new signing excluding money offered 

Finishing 4th bottom is stable?

Stop saying Fa cup finalists, it's not a valid argument and t never will be, do you might as well just drop that one.

Didn't say we're a bigger club, I said we've got more short term potential, due to having a better squad and the fact the evidence says we've been progressing for several years, whereas Villa are getting worse season after season and were closer to being relegated than we were.

No. What I would say that makes us a more attractive proposal is that we've got a better manager and we're aiming for top half and europe within the next 3/4 years. They've got a gimp in a tie and just want to be good enough to get 17th, then stop.

Pretty sure Villa will be aiming for that too.

Finishing 4th bottom is stable?

Stop saying Fa cup finalists, it's not a valid argument and t never will be, do you might as well just drop that one.

Didn't say we're a bigger club, I said we've got more short term potential, due to having a better squad and the fact the evidence says we've been progressing for several years, whereas Villa are getting worse season after season and were closer to being relegated than we were.

No you didnt 

you said 

"I'd never even heard of this guy and I still no bugger all about him but I'm desperate for us to sign him now just to prove to Villa who's the better club".

Like I said to a foreign signing who knows little about the Premier League we are not a better club

and given the choice on Paper between Leicester and Villa we will not be a more attractive proposal despite finishing 3 places above them for the 1st time in 20 odd years.

To said signing

Have you heard of Leicester? not so much only the last year 

Have you heard of Aston villa yes lots over the last 10 years

Hence Aston Villa would be a more attractive proposal 

The s wasn't for plural it was for possession.

As in up their arses.

Possession is what your use of the possessive pronoun is for (my, your, their...), when the noun it's applied to is omitted (ie. the arses) the form of the word changes (mine, yours, theirs...).  "Their's" does not exist in the English language as far as I'm aware.

Could you idiots stop drumming on about "ambition". Just because your owners have said they want European football in a couple ofyears,doesn't mean you'll get it especially after last seasons performance.

Please read and re-read this next sentence over and over so you won't sound stupid everytime you mention it- Leicester city are not the only team in the league with ambition !!

Could you idiots stop drumming on about "ambition". Just because your owners have said they want European football in a couple ofyears,doesn't mean you'll get it especially after last seasons performance.

Please read and re-read this next sentence over and over so you won't sound stupid everytime you mention it- Leicester city are not the only team in the league with ambition !!

Just coz you've bought 8 players in! no point In preaching on here mate . most won't listen to hardended supporters so no chance for you. By the time I've pressed 'post' you will have been royally abused.

To said signing

Great logic

You might be viewing this through fox shaped specs though tbf

Possession is what your use of the possessive pronoun is for (my, your, their...), when the noun it's applied to is omitted (ie. the arses) the form of the word changes (mine, yours, theirs...).  "Their's" does not exist in the English language as far as I'm aware.

'My', 'your', 'their', etc. are determiners whereas 'mine', 'yours', 'theirs', etc. are possessive pronouns, but yeah

To said signing

Or perhaps to said signing...

Have you heard of Tim Sherwood ?? Not really, no

Have you heard of Claudio Ranieri ?? Of course, one of the most famous managers in Europe.

Guest ttfn

Well by the same method of thinking I guess benteke was finished under Lambert

Benteke at Villa without Sherwood:

37 goals in 85 games, goals per game: 0.43

Benteke at Villa with Sherwood:

8 goals in 8 games, goals per game: 1.00

Adebayor at Spurs without Sherwood:

28 goals in 87 games, goals per game: 0.32

Adebayor at Spurs with Sherwood:

14 goals in 24 games, goals per game: 0.58

Captain Bellend strikes again

It really is extraordinary that despite having strikers in brilliant form he's managed to have such a mediocre managerial career so far.

Or perhaps to said signing...

Have you heard of Tim Sherwood ?? Not really, no

Have you heard of Claudio Ranieri ?? Of course, one of the most famous managers in Europe.

Or hypothetically Have you heard of Claudio Ranieri ?? of course didn't he get sacked by Greece in his last job for loosing at home to the faroe islands 

Did he only get the job after touting his own services??

"Of course, one of the most famous managers in Europe."

So desirable he had to tout his own services

Ranieri has been quoted as saying that, having been sacked by Greece, he would welcome a phone call from City if they want to chat about the vacant post in Leicester.

Before this revelation, Ranieri was 40-1 for the post.

That's my/your/their football.  Possessive pronoun.

No, a pronoun functions by itself.

'That is yours'. 'Yours' referring to something either previously mentioned or easily determined through context, and the possessive pronoun.

'That's my football'. 'My' doesn't stand by itself, it's a determiner (in this case a possessive adjective) that modifies the noun.

Archived