Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Filbert_Ross

Jordan Veretout

Sigh.

Aston Villa should complete deal for Jordan Veretout today

According to our colleagues at L’Équipe, Nantes midfielder Jordan Veretout could become an Aston Villa player today after a fee was close to being agreed last night.

Nantes President Waldemar Kita had the following to say: “We are basically agreed on everything. I am obliged to give in, he is 22, he has a big future and he will play for a great English club.”

The President refused at the time to reveal which club it was.

Get French Football News contacted the player’s agent last night, who merely said that the journalist, Pascal Praud, has a good relationship with Nantes President Waldemar Kita. Praud is the individual who revealed that Aston Villa are the side to have done a deal for Jordan Veretout.

The fee has not filtered through at the time of writing, but the deal could be completed in the next hours. Southampton were also active for this player, but seem to have been put off by reported Tottenham and Liverpool interest in the player. Bournemouth were quickly rejected by Veretout.

Veretout to Aston Villa? An emerging story, but most probably Aston Villa’s 3rd Ligue 1 export going by the name of Jordan.

Source: GFF

Sigh.

Aston Villa should complete deal for Jordan Veretout today

According to our colleagues at L’Équipe, Nantes midfielder Jordan Veretout could become an Aston Villa player today after a fee was close to being agreed last night.

Nantes President Waldemar Kita had the following to say: “We are basically agreed on everything. I am obliged to give in, he is 22, he has a big future and he will play for a great English club.”

The President refused at the time to reveal which club it was.

Get French Football News contacted the player’s agent last night, who merely said that the journalist, Pascal Praud, has a good relationship with Nantes President Waldemar Kita. Praud is the individual who revealed that Aston Villa are the side to have done a deal for Jordan Veretout.

The fee has not filtered through at the time of writing, but the deal could be completed in the next hours. Southampton were also active for this player, but seem to have been put off by reported Tottenham and Liverpool interest in the player. Bournemouth were quickly rejected by Veretout.

Veretout to Aston Villa? An emerging story, but most probably Aston Villa’s 3rd Ligue 1 export going by the name of Jordan.

Source: GFF

As annoying as it is, perhaps we weren't actually in for Veretout. We've not had any link bar The Sun which said us, Watford and Bournemouth were keen. I know it's frustrating but we've just got to hope they know what they're doing.

Just shows inept sherwood is when he targets players that our scouting team identify. Villa a bigger club? They may well be but season after season they struggle, I think they will struggle again with that clown in charge. Get your own targets Sherwood......Claudio needs to work overtime for some big signings.

Just shows inept sherwood is when he targets players that our scouting team identify. Villa a bigger club? They may well be but season after season they struggle, I think they will struggle again with that clown in charge. Get your own targets Sherwood......Claudio needs to work overtime for some big signings.

Do people not actually listen when people say Claudio will have little to do with the transfers. He's just a small part of the entire process. 

I'll be more disappointed if we hadn't targeted him because if not then we bloody well should have done. He seems a very talented, young player, in a position we desperately need, available for a decent fee and clearly wants to move to the Premier League. Villa might be a bigger club than us but I'm sure we can more than compete in terms of wages, signing-on fee, current squad, ambitions for the future. We'd need to sell to him the vision we have for the club, that we want to make further additions and push for the top 10 and hopefully beyond that in a couple of seasons.

Instead - going by the fact that we've only had one questionable source - it looks like we might not have been interested at all, which would be a great shame. 

We've outbid villa

@(null): #Leicester just make an offer between 13 and 14 M € for Jordan Vérétout to the #FCN! Greater than that of #AstonVilla offer! #RMCsport

It was a verified journalist, won't copy his Twitter name though when I copy the post.

Archived