Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Filbert_Ross

Jordan Veretout

While signing players sooner would be ideal.  We are 2 players short of where the squad needs to be.  This is not a 'crisis'

For reference by the end of July last season we had signed, Albrigton, Upson, Hamer, Ulloa and Barmby and Rowley for the development squad.  So at most 3 players who could be considered for the starting 11, this season we've signed 3 players who will be aiming to get into the starting 11.

If we sign a Marque player before the start of the season I'd say we have actually done miles better than last season.  Especially given the appointment of a new maanger.

Some people make me laugh on here. Getting so wound up because we aren't closing players. It's not like a supermarket, Clauido and Rudkin don't just take their £7 million, go over to the centre midfield aisle and pick someone off the shelf and leave. There's an unbelievable amount of variables in what is essentially, someone changing jobs and moving to another country. Ask yourself, would you up yourself and your family, move to a country where you have no ties what so ever, to work with a bunch of people you've never met, for a company you've only heard of for a few weeks?

That's not what's being discussed

The issue is why a player we want is signing for a rival team

While signing players sooner would be ideal.  We are 2 players short of where the squad needs to be.  This is not a 'crisis'

For reference by the end of July last season we had signed, Albrigton, Upson, Hamer, Ulloa and Barmby and Rowley for the development squad.  So at most 3 players who could be considered for the starting 11, this season we've signed 3 players who will be aiming to get into the starting 11.

If we sign a Marque player before the start of the season I'd say we have actually done miles better than last season.  Especially given the appointment of a new maanger.

Thank you. Some one on here who actually talks sense. 

We don't. But some people are so biased towards Leicester it's unbelievable. 

Yeah, it's almost like people posting on here support Leicester or something, weird innit?

He won't sign for us, we should have signed another midfielder last season. We should count ourselves lucky that Cambiasso wasn't injured for a large part of last season or Pearson would steered us straight down!!

Blaming Pearson for lack of signings rather than the guy who's currently managing the side? That's a good one.

According to L'Equipe on twitter :

Nantes President said hes a fool going to miss out on €5m but is not going to 'upset the kid' by going for #LCFC offer #Veretout (L'Equipe)

That pretty much tells us all we need to know.

http://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2015/nantes-president-confirms-hes-set-to-sell-veretout-to-villa/?

Nantes President confirms he’s set to sell Veretout to Villa

Nantes President Waldemar Kita has confirmed to L’Équipe that while Leicester City have made a better offer for central midfielder Jordan Veretout, he plans to sell the player to Aston Villa.

He had the following to say:

“He has made his choice, and I am going to go in his direction. They (Aston Villa) are haggling on certain details. They need to be careful because if they continue to haggle they might lose the player from right under their noses. They have until this evening to take a decision. I’m set to lose €5m (by taking Villa’s deal and not Leicester’s). I am a pillock. I would have never thought I would have done anything other than try to raise the price, but I am not going to go against the boy. He is a boy who has never done us wrong, who played the game right until the end, contrary to others, who did not sulk.”

http://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2015/nantes-president-confirms-hes-set-to-sell-veretout-to-villa/?

Nantes President confirms he’s set to sell Veretout to Villa

Nantes President Waldemar Kita has confirmed to L’Équipe that while Leicester City have made a better offer for central midfielder Jordan Veretout, he plans to sell the player to Aston Villa.

He had the following to say:

“He has made his choice, and I am going to go in his direction. They (Aston Villa) are haggling on certain details. They need to be careful because if they continue to haggle they might lose the player from right under their noses. They have until this evening to take a decision. I’m set to lose €5m (by taking Villa’s deal and not Leicester’s). I am a pillock. I would have never thought I would have done anything other than try to raise the price, but I am not going to go against the boy. He is a boy who has never done us wrong, who played the game right until the end, contrary to others, who did not sulk.”

fair play I guess

We clearly wanted both Veretout and Chester, why have we waited until bids have been accepted elsewhere before popping up with a higher bid like 'oh shit, wait I really wanted you, just remembered!'?

♫ ♬♫ ♬ They don't know what they're doing they don't know what they're doing ♫ ♬♫ ♬

Archived