Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Captain...

First game of the season, King and Drinkwater starting in midfield!

I do suspect Drinwater will surprise a few of us this year. He is a player who has shown in the past - he learns quick and adapts his game. It's not a case of not having three good midfielders as we Drinkwater, King and Hanmond are all capable of competing in the premiership. They just need some help in there over the course of the season.

I've been sceptical of Ranieri so far but if he can get Drinkwater playing with confidence again I won't be any more. He's still a fantastic midfielder who can control the game for us when on form.

This will be a key part to whether Ranieri is successful or not, we have a few players that needs are arm over their shoulder, Drinkwater, Vardy, Mahrez, I dare say more if I think more in depth about it.

Pearson did this, he got the best out of them. I can't see Ranieri being the man manager that we had.

This isn't a Pearson shouldn't have been sacked/Ranieri should have been appointed post this is a genuine concern of how we have atleast 3, probably more, key players who need man management, arms over their shoulders, confidence instilled in them, will they get it, time will tell.

Personally think Mahrez will thrive now that Pearson has left.

Vardy has his own motivation, the fact he's even playing PL football so late, an England cap and wanting more.

Drinkwater, i have no idea, he may see this as an option to impress a new manager after falling down the pecking order last year.

They'll cope for a few games, like they did last year. Need players in before end of August though

This. Chill out people. Stick Hammond, Drinkwater and King in there together for the first few games. Let Hammond just sit and destroy, and protect the back three. The only problem will occur if and when one is injured.

We need someone of quality in before the window closes. We don't need to panic buy a couple of duffers.

I was at that game and remember wanting to run on the pitch and eric cantona schlupp after that nfl style fieldgoal kick.

But the draw was a good result for our first game. On a side note i realised how much of a whiner leigton baines is

You do know that there is every possibility that we will sign at least one midfielder before the start?

It's about time the mods started doing something about the amount of similar threads on this forum, before this forum truly goes down hill

Threads only remain if people post in them which you seemingly felt the need to do.

The mods are on a lose/lose situation

Delete and keep tidy = censorship and self-importance

Leave = forum going to the dogs.

Threads only remain if people post in them which you seemingly felt the need to do.

The mods are on a lose/lose situation

Delete and keep tidy = censorship and self-importance

Leave = forum going to the dogs.

I understand what you're saying, but some posts are frequently posted in (e.g. 'Message to Nigel Pearson') but get closed anyway. In the aforementioned case a mod was arguing that the thread was drifting off-topic, which wasn't necessarily the case - or at least no more so than any other thread - and also appeared to be making him/herself look rather silly in the course of the discussion. I'd hate to speculate which of the two was the reason for the topic being locked.

So I appreciate how difficult it is for you guys, really I do, but I don't think you're 100% clear where the line is drawn either. And, yes, the guy's right - it's getting a bit messy at the moment.

Not that this especially bothers me, but I think it's noticeable.

I understand what you're saying, but some posts are frequently posted in (e.g. 'Message to Nigel Pearson') but get closed anyway. In the aforementioned case a mod was arguing that the thread was drifting off-topic, which wasn't necessarily the case - or at least no more so than any other thread - and also appeared to be making him/herself look rather silly in the course of the discussion. I'd hate to speculate which of the two was the reason for the topic being locked.

So I appreciate how difficult it is for you guys, really I do, but I don't think you're 100% clear where the line is drawn either. And, yes, the guy's right - it's getting a bit messy at the moment.

Not that this especially bothers me, but I think it's noticeable.

People need to accept it'll never be 100% clear the mods and admin are a group who have never met, have some vague guidelines, how can the be anything but vague  and do not have an insight into how each one thinks other than from what they themselves post.

We all therefore have different views on where the boundaries lie on all sorts of subjects so inconsistency is something people will just have to accept.

E.g I just started a thread in the LCFC forum re the owners polo successes many think it's wrong I didn't. Maybe one of the other mods will move it, Frankly who cares.

People need to accept it'll never be 100% clear the mods and admin are a group who have never met, have some vague guidelines, how can the be anything but vague  and do not have an insight into how each one thinks other than from what they themselves post.

We all therefore have different views on where the boundaries lie on all sorts of subjects so inconsistency is something people will just have to accept.

E.g I just started a thread in the LCFC forum re the owners polo successes many think it's wrong I didn't. Maybe one of the other mods will move it, Frankly who cares.

Well, I don't care for one, and fully understand what you're saying. I wasn't aware that the mods don't have a tight 'message board management code' which they follow, so I'm sure it's pretty tricky for you guys to get it 100% right. And I think the polo thread poses some very interesting questions, so well done for starting it.

This. Chill out people. Stick Hammond, Drinkwater and King in there together for the first few games. Let Hammond just sit and destroy, and protect the back three. The only problem will occur if and when one is injured.

We need someone of quality in before the window closes. We don't need to panic buy a couple of duffers.

The only problem is he's absolutely crap at this.

Rest of the post I agree with.

Archived