Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Weller in Tights

Plaudits for our Atmosphere, let's keep it up

Guest CityFan 06
16 minutes ago, The soup nazi said:

There's no chance that all of SK1 will stand,  especially down at the front.  

Mate if you want to stand and sing why don't you relocate your seat? 

Yeah maybe. I'm perhaps being a bit too optimistic :D

Guest CityFan 06
4 minutes ago, The soup nazi said:

I used to be optimistic lol 

I get quite hopeful of our fans and what we are capable of. To be fair we produced one of the best atmosphere's in English football last season, even if it was with clappers. It'd be fascinating to see our atmosphere without them, and to discover if we can maintain the same sort of noise levels. Again optimistic!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest CityFan 06
4 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

We were very good at first but gradually got worse. Granted it was exactly the type of game to suck the life out of the fans so I'm not surprised.

Yeah I'd agree with that. I thought our fans were pretty good today considering the result. 

Guest CityFan 06

Interested whether we have clappers next week and whether they contiune game on game? 90% confident we will, having them at Wembley pointed that out for me. 

Just now, promised land said:

We went long spells without singing any songs second half.

Far better than Wembley but not one of the top away days in my book.

I found Wembley hard work. I could see that other parts of the ground were singing but I couldn't hear a word of it. I've always wondered why everybody is singing the national anthem at different speeds at Wembley and now I know! Couldn't hear a word of what that woman was singing. Which tier were you on?  I was also petrified that the 20 metre drop just beneath me was going to lead somehow to my impending death! 

• Like 1

Level 1 in the sun trap, I couldn't hear her sing either so either side of me were singing different lines lol 

TBH, even though I was only 2 blocks to the right of the singing section, I couldn't hear them much as a group half a block the other way were singing totally different songs. Pockets of noise all over singing different songs.

When it's like that it's hard to get any song really going.

Today started ok but it wasn't a stand out display by us, too many grown men at full time punching, kicking their seats. 

Guest CityFan 06

If only we had as much coverage as other club's home atmosphere's. Don't know if it's me but I always see other fans get more good home crowd coverage than us. 

I also notice a lot of the fan groups in the Premier League tend to be at the front of their stand. In an ideal world I'd have loved to of seen UFS there, coverage of the group would of course be better and we might manage to see some better goal celebrations on tele - another thing we do not seem to see, it must be the camera angles at our ground. Still they do a great job in the corner of SK1 Union FS. 

Watched a few games today and noticed Middlesbrough & Norwich had full standing stands, imagine the Kop like that. I'd like us have more fan coverage of our atmosphere, although potentially difficult to replicate I'd like to hear it more on MOTD.

1 hour ago, baker11 said:

Don't really buy into this. It's a mind set to go and fully sing your hearts out for the lads. Some folks and too many in my opinion just don't want to contribute  to an atmosphere, or th strange move is only to sing on stuff like right side left side.

Yesterday was the loudest I have heard WYS for ages which was nice to hear. The right side up at the top gave it a real good go but their efforts weren't  matched and the chants therefore didn't travel or stay a float for any length of time.

Agree entirely about people not participating. What disappointed me the most yesterday was the sense of entitlement. People seemed to expect us to simply turn up and Hull hand us the 3 points. 

Our away support is awful at times. Gone are the day's when we'd get behind the lads no matter what.

Yesterday as soon as we went a goal down the fans went silent. Anyone trying to get anything going wasn't supported by their fellow fans. It reminded me of Doncaster away in the Championship when Kasper dropped the ball into the net. Don't know what we can do to improve the situation but something needs to change. 

Guest CityFan 06

Agree with baker11, I didn't manage to get the game yesterday but watched it on Sky and WYS was the loudest I've heard it for a while. Need to get it back at Filbert Way - lyrics in the concourses, play out tune in speaker. It would get better.