Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Weller in Tights

Plaudits for our Atmosphere, let's keep it up

Just now, Bayfox said:

Please don't take will grigg as an example.

Utd wouldn't be seen dead ripping that shit off at a guess. And I'm pretty sure no one over 25 actually thinks it's that great.

I pray that vardys on fire doesn't take off.

No don't get me wrong I hate it and if Vardy's on fire (or as I heard at Hull Musa's on fire) ever kicks off i'll lose the will to live

Didn't mean that United would sing it just took an external example of a song getting big and being sung by many simply because it went 'viral'

1 minute ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

I'd stop women going to away games and anyone over the age of 70. 

They won't join in with any singing & they sit instead of standing. 

I'm in my 40's but I do like to take my flask with me, blanket only travels when exceptionally cold. Am I being tarred with your brush as well? lollollol 

I don't take my cushion thingy anymore as I rarely sit at aways with all these youths standing.

Just now, promised land said:

I'm in my 40's but I do like to take my flask with me, blanket only travels when exceptionally cold. Am I being tarred with your brush as well? lollollol 

I don't take my cushion thingy anymore as I rarely sit at aways with all these youths standing.

Nah you're alright mate you making cracking hand painted flags.

Just now, Sammy said:

No don't get me wrong I hate it and if Vardy's on fire (or as I heard at Hull Musa's on fire) ever kicks off i'll lose the will to live

Didn't mean that United would sing it just took an external example of a song getting big and being sung by many simply because it went 'viral'

But the original point is man Utd don't do the main stream. They tend to be original and they get off the ground because they have the same 2 or 3k going away week in week out and have a mentality that is about being individual/unique and persist with songs. We can't get wys right ffs.

Our away end is a broader range of supporters has a lot more women and and a Lot of the lob beer and film it generation.

United would say they have a proud tradition of away support maybe part of that is a reputation to keep up.

6 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

I'd stop women going to away games and anyone over the age of 70. 

They won't join in with any singing & they sit instead of standing. 

I join in with the singing (probably more than some blokes) & stand all game. Nice try though lol :thumbup:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bayfox said:

But the original point is man Utd don't do the main stream. They tend to be original and they get off the ground because they have the same 2 or 3k going away week in week out and have a mentality that is about being individual/unique and persist with songs. We can't get wys right ffs.

Our away end is a broader range of supporters has a lot more women and and a Lot of the lob beer and film it generation.

United would say they have a proud tradition of away support maybe part of that is a reputation to keep up.

Don't know if it's the same 2/3k every week as i know someone that says they have to apply for their away tickets (don't quote me) but I get your point that they are all very similar fans. I know United don't do mainstream but my main point is that they do still broadcast their new chants, as they did with the Zlatan song and I know its only 1200 at Bournemouth but they were singing his new song loud and clear in the opening minutes of the first game of the season, I don't see it as a bad thing if they used videos to help get the idea of the chant out so that those at the game hear it and can immediately join in!

I think Utd is a poor example here due to as you say their reputation etc but there definitely are chants that benefit massively from being posted on social media, before Will Grigg's on fire got out of hand and irritating it worked well for Wigan fans who ended up having their whole stadium sing the song; and having been there their stadium don't join in with jack all

1 minute ago, Sammy said:

Don't know if it's the same 2/3k every week as i know someone that says they have to apply for their away tickets (don't quote me) but I get your point that they are all very similar fans. I know United don't do mainstream but my main point is that they do still broadcast their new chants, as they did with the Zlatan song and I know its only 1200 at Bournemouth but they were singing his new song loud and clear in the opening minutes of the first game of the season, I don't see it as a bad thing if they used videos to help get the idea of the chant out so that those at the game hear it and can immediately join in!

I think Utd is a poor example here due to as you say their reputation etc but there definitely are chants that benefit massively from being posted on social media, before Will Grigg's on fire got out of hand and irritating it worked well for Wigan fans who ended up having their whole stadium sing the song; and having been there their stadium don't join in with jack all

Yes they have to apply as I understand it. But the applications are based on points the same as us, Everton etc. So a lot of the lads coming down to the KP now are the same as those coming to filbert st in the 80s and 90s.

We have definitely gone off topic here. But having a video go viral. Just means a load of teens sat in their room creaming their pants to it. Such as will grigg.

The videos I have seen from Bournemouth at the weekend certainly show it taking a while to get going. But they don't quit after 2 attempts if it before deciding to call.it a day. They keep it up and it grows.

As much as I love our home games now. I miss the days of the kop at filbert st singing the same song for 15 mins at a time. That's how more get involved and it spreads.

Guest CityFan 06
34 minutes ago, promised land said:

Out of interest, how many aways a season do you go to?

I struggle to get tickets now more than I used to, which is understandable given our success. Although am I right in thinking the priority system has changed for this season? 

I did more Championship aways at current than Premier League.

1 minute ago, Bayfox said:

Yes they have to apply as I understand it. But the applications are based on points the same as us, Everton etc. So a lot of the lads coming down to the KP now are the same as those coming to filbert st in the 80s and 90s.

We have definitely gone off topic here. But having a video go viral. Just means a load of teens sat in their room creaming their pants to it. Such as will grigg.

The videos I have seen from Bournemouth at the weekend certainly show it taking a while to get going. But they don't quit after 2 attempts if it before deciding to call.it a day. They keep it up and it grows.

As much as I love our home games now. I miss the days of the kop at filbert st singing the same song for 15 mins at a time. That's how more get involved and it spreads.

Yeah agreed, to put an end to an off topic conversation I agree the best is to really go for it repetitively! Just feel that particularly with the way our ends are getting a video of a good quality (not another terrible rip off) song making all teens (and others with social media) excited about a song could help our away atmosphere!

58 minutes ago, lcfcben76 said:

Some twats were trying to get Musa's on fire going at Hull, glad it went flat after 10seconds

Maybe this is the problem in a nutshell.

Singing/chanting is only welcome if it's the right 'kind' of song... You know so we don't embarrass ourselves in front of Palace etc... 

It's the the worst kind of fan snobbery, moaning about people not making a noise; but slating people who try... Okay... :unsure:

Edited by Phube
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Phube said:

Maybe this is the problem in a nutshell.

Singing/chanting is only welcome if it's the right 'kind' of song... You know so we don't embarrass ourselves in front of Palace etc... 

It's the the worst kind of fan snobbery, moaning about people not making a noise; but slating people who try... Okay... :unsure:

I'm all for trying new songs out but anything to Freed From Desire needs dropping, the tune is a Lad Bible joke. 

• Like 2

Think Bayfox has summed up why United/Liverpool (most of the time) are way ahead of the curve. They want to lead the nation's fanscene while the rest of us are all too happy to shout "we support our local team" at them every week and think it makes us the dons of banter, too afraid to be proud of our own clubs' unique culture and heritage. It's also noticeable to some extent in the types of flags/banners those two sets of fans in particular produce.

The Will Grigg thing has really got on my tits, Wigan were about the 50th team to sing a song to that tune and yet some clown has all the virginal banterlads in Britain creaming themselves over it. Believe Bristol City were the first to use the chorus while Leicester (independently) dreamt up a version using the verse.

Edited by Voll Blau
  • Like 2

There's no chance of us achieving United's level of away support  at the moment, purely because of the demographic that travel. Absolutely nothing wrong with our supporters but pretty much 90% of United's are 18-50 year olds blokes, all up for singing throughout. 

I might be taking this too seriously but I think the best potential for improved away atmosphere is to target the 16-21 year old lads. They've probably been the group that have had growing numbers over the last few years. They're clearly all (massive generalisation here, but it's what I've seen) up for a few drinks and singing the 'popular' YouTube so perhaps that's the way to go about it?

Everytime a catchy/funny YouTube video is put up by SportBible, there's loads of these Leicester fans trying to come up with Leicester based ones. Maybe UFS could film a few new chants in the S&R's, get the LCFCawayday twitter pages to promote them and hopefully they'll catch on a lot quicker?

1 minute ago, BrummieFOX said:

There's no chance of us achieving United's level of away support  at the moment, purely because of the demographic that travel. Absolutely nothing wrong with our supporters but pretty much 90% of United's are 18-50 year olds blokes, all up for singing throughout. 

I might be taking this too seriously but I think the best potential for improved away atmosphere is to target the 16-21 year old lads. They've probably been the group that have had growing numbers over the last few years. They're clearly all (massive generalisation here, but it's what I've seen) up for a few drinks and singing the 'popular' YouTube so perhaps that's the way to go about it?

Everytime a catchy/funny YouTube video is put up by SportBible, there's loads of these Leicester fans trying to come up with Leicester based ones. Maybe UFS could film a few new chants in the S&R's, get the LCFCawayday twitter pages to promote them and hopefully they'll catch on a lot quicker?

13 hours ago, Old Fox said:

As one from the 70's and 80's that is a very accurate post.......

12 hours ago, baker11 said:

How can we improve our away ends? How can we get folk to sing more and for longer?

6 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Think Bayfox has summed up why United/Liverpool (most of the time) are way ahead of the curve. They want to lead the nation's fanscene while the rest of us are all too happy to shout "we support our local team" at them every week and think it makes us the dons of banter, too afraid to be proud of our own clubs' unique culture and heritage. It's also noticeable to some extent in the types of flags/banners those two sets of fans in particular produce.

The Will Grigg thing has really got on my tits, Wigan were about the 50th team to sing a song to that tune and yet some clown has all the virginal banterlads in Britain creaming themselves over it. Believe Bristol City were the first to use the chorus while Leicester (independently) dreamt up a version using the verse.

Sorry these quotes have come out all over the option.

However, thanks, I'm glad it's not just me that thinks that love them or loath them, Utd away fans set a bench mark, liverpool are a good one to bring up as well, both are great away from home yet suffer due to the tourist element at home.

We have created something great at home, and involved all comers, but away from home I think you need more than just families, it's a totally different day out, we take a lot of coaches everywhere, man utd as an example, tend to be blokes who travel by train. It's a different culture I guess. The trains for wembley were rammed due to the high numbers travelling, for league games, I have been on trains where you sometimes barely see a fellow fan.

As for getting the LADS involved more at aways, maybe that would help, but these are the same lads who want to sing musa's on fire, and whilst I'm not trying to be snobish, why the **** can't we do the stuff more unique to us? Why do our fans seem to have an aversion to learning words and being different. The fact we don't belt out WYS just before KO on mass, still to this day drives me a little mad. Man City have blue moon, even florist have loving feeling, ok it's a bit cheesy but at least they have something unique to them.

My point about never doing anything for more than about 1 verse really is true, whats wrong with 5 or 10 mins of the same song, that way it can build to an end doing it, not just small pockets, again it must be a mentality or culture thing. The type of blokes following Utd away etc are the type that in Leicester seem to have just moved on to other things. I'm not sure why, but they just have.

And baker, as I final point i'll go back to my usual piss take mode, we could make sure coach 1 never gets to a ground lol 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

Sorry these quotes have come out all over the option.

However, thanks, I'm glad it's not just me that thinks that love them or loath them, Utd away fans set a bench mark, liverpool are a good one to bring up as well, both are great away from home yet suffer due to the tourist element at home.

We have created something great at home, and involved all comers, but away from home I think you need more than just families, it's a totally different day out, we take a lot of coaches everywhere, man utd as an example, tend to be blokes who travel by train. It's a different culture I guess. The trains for wembley were rammed due to the high numbers travelling, for league games, I have been on trains where you sometimes barely see a fellow fan.

As for getting the LADS involved more at aways, maybe that would help, but these are the same lads who want to sing musa's on fire, and whilst I'm not trying to be snobish, why the **** can't we do the stuff more unique to us? Why do our fans seem to have an aversion to learning words and being different. The fact we don't belt out WYS just before KO on mass, still to this day drives me a little mad. Man City have blue moon, even florist have loving feeling, ok it's a bit cheesy but at least they have something unique to them.

My point about never doing anything for more than about 1 verse really is true, whats wrong with 5 or 10 mins of the same song, that way it can build to an end doing it, not just small pockets, again it must be a mentality or culture thing. The type of blokes following Utd away etc are the type that in Leicester seem to have just moved on to other things. I'm not sure why, but they just have.

And baker, as I final point i'll go back to my usual piss take mode, we could make sure coach 1 never gets to a ground lol 

That's what I'm saying. They sing Musa's on fire because they've seen the Will Grigg video doing the rounds and try to replicate it for Leicester because it's 'banter'. If we have our own unique vids doing the rounds, they'd get on that instead.

Boro had a great new chant for Januzaj, a few Retweets later and they'll all be singing it. We just need a songwriter and make sure someone has their iPhone out in the pub when it gets an airing.

1 hour ago, BrummieFOX said:

That's what I'm saying. They sing Musa's on fire because they've seen the Will Grigg video doing the rounds and try to replicate it for Leicester because it's 'banter'. If we have our own unique vids doing the rounds, they'd get on that instead.

Boro had a great new chant for Januzaj, a few Retweets later and they'll all be singing it. We just need a songwriter and make sure someone has their iPhone out in the pub when it gets an airing.

I get your point, however I'd suggest they copy songs, because they can't come up with anything original, UFS have come up with some decent stuff, but there still seems to be an element of our support, that won't do it because they have an issue with UFS, or we are just that lazy, why bother when we can do something the rest of the country is doing.

I don't want to get back to the whole infighting thing, but it seems one downside to our success is a whole load of factions appearing in our support. Actually maybe that's unfair, because the away ends at West Ham and Old Trafford in the previous campaign, were more toxic than some of the pubs I've been in as an away fan.

It does seem now tho, that there is a swell of support for taking what we have at home into away ends, but it will not change for the better anytime soon as those people you are talking about are way down the pecking order for away tickets, mainly due to age I guess.

Edited by Bayfox

23 minutes ago, promised land said:

:thumbup: I painted a banner for Hull but it never got picked up by the cameras, but the protest was all around with banners, red cards. 

Oh well lol 

image.jpeg

It was a good effort. In the 'O' of the the advertising at the top of the stand if I'm not mistaken?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

I saw that, you weren't far away from me at all then. At the back of the North Stand. 

That's it, probably sticking it on the wall didn't make it stand out, looking at it now there's too much white on it. It was a mad moment on Thursday night when I thought of it so time wasn't on my side. lol 

Guest claude_leic

Liverpool and Man Utd are definitely the most inventive fan bases. Whilst success is a major factor in this, it's not exclusively down to success as Arsenal (arguably the 3rd most successful side in English football) have the one of the most uninventive songbooks in the football league. 

Manchester and Liverpool as cities both have a great cultural heritage with a strong emphasis on local identity and music, which definitely feeds the football teams. 

I think our best chance of creating unique songs is through Union FS. We just need to be persistent and stick with songs such as, "some folks talk of Liverpool and Manchester" and eventually they will catch on. I remember the Ulloa chant getting an airing in the Stoke concourse via YouTube and the following week v United everyone knew the words. The Ulloa lyrics aren't that straightforward which shows we can do it. The tune just needs to be catchy and spread across social media.

Edited by claude_leic

Guest CityFan 06

I noticed last season 'Leicester boys are we' really caught on in SK1. People around me started standing up and singing it and a lot were clapping/singing along to it. It's a fantastic tune and catchy. Really hope it spreads into L1 next season.