Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Weller in Tights

Plaudits for our Atmosphere, let's keep it up

16 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

I recognise you're not having a dig. Which tunes out of interest though? Think UFS tend to bin off ones that aren't catching on pretty quickly (The Albrighton 'Thriller' one for example).

to be fair the ones that aren't catching on are binned quickly. That one, a Drinkwater one, and there's probably one or two more which I can't think of right now. But its a good way to go. Which is why new chants should be started more often. If people like them they'll join in. If people don't they won't and you can bin it off. (Obviously it'll take attempts before people learn the words) That's the best way to get some more unique chants. And let's face it only Union FS are going to start new ones now at the KP. 

3 hours ago, Monsell1976 said:

No it shouldn't, and I have sang in pen 3 when David pleat was here, and enjoyed great days in the pens, when the football came second as it was that bad, but we fill the ground now, and not all will be die hard, and some not all will have over expectations of us.

I want the atmosphere bouncing everyweek, but a voice of experience, if it ain't happening on the pitch, barring the usual area's, it will be silent everywhere else.

I know what you're saying, and agree that if the game has gone the atmosphere is usually flat. But we've developed a great habit over the past couple of years- getting up and roaring the team back to the centre when we concede, then outsinging the celebrating away fans. You can't say it doesn't have an effect, look how many times we've scored quickfire equalisers! 

Not a huge fan of the clappers either, but it ain't a coincidence that we've lost 2 league games at home since we've had the noisiest ground in the country...

Fans can make a difference, making sure we're as loud as we can be can give the team an edge.

2 minutes ago, LCFC FOX said:

to be fair the ones that aren't catching on are binned quickly. That one, a Drinkwater one, and there's probably one or two more which I can't think of right now. But its a good way to go. Which is why new chants should be started more often. If people like them they'll join in. If people don't they won't and you can bin it off. (Obviously it'll take attempts before people learn the words) That's the best way to get some more unique chants. And let's face it only Union FS are going to start new ones now at the KP. 

Think there's a fine line to be fair. If you start trying to get too many new ones going at once, people think it's overkill and you get the boring "elitist" shit thrown at you. Think SK1 gets the mix of traditional, generic and new right most of the time.

Don't get me wrong, there's loads of new chants I'd love to see get an airing though. lol

7 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

You are all aware the reason man Utd get so many and such a varied song book is. That like them or not their away fans are loyal top draw support. That can muster more than one chorus of a chant. We can't do anything whole heartedly once let alone sing it for a few times on repeat to get it going across a whole stand.

Our support is a broad cross section of fans who have been going since the 90s but include females and families. That's great and I have no issue with it. But man Utd have basically a massive core of people who have been going since the 70s and 80s and due to that fact they are mainly males who grew up in a culture of drinking beer not lobbing it over people.

I'll don my tin hat now expecting a defence of our away support but sorry a lot of people I know have just grown out of following our club away. We have replaced it with a mixture of lads that sing in pubs not grounds and coach 1 lol 

We now have one of the best home atmosphere in the country but it doesn't translate to away games.

As one from the 70's and 80's that is a very accurate post.......

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, LCFC FOX said:

Yeah don't get me wrong Union FS are doing a great job. The best thing that's ever happened at the KP fan wise. I'd just personally like to hear a new chant every so often. That's how United do it :) 

Ufs have the odd new chant. The some folk is class and unique yet I bet half the kop don't know the words.

The pride of our city is great as well. Yet at palace away last year it was being ignored. There seems a real snobishness amoungst our support at times.

The Kante song was and should have been the original will grigg however that got messed up a little with the tempo.

The leo one got loads of press. It's not like we don't and can't but as my post above. We just don't seem to be able to do anything for more than one verse. Our chants die of so quickly it's unreal. By the time it's off the ground and 4 blocks are at it. The 1st block has stopped. 

Dilly ding Dilly dong lol

1 hour ago, Ted Maul said:

I know what you're saying, and agree that if the game has gone the atmosphere is usually flat. But we've developed a great habit over the past couple of years- getting up and roaring the team back to the centre when we concede, then outsinging the celebrating away fans. You can't say it doesn't have an effect, look how many times we've scored quickfire equalisers! 

Not a huge fan of the clappers either, but it ain't a coincidence that we've lost 2 league games at home since we've had the noisiest ground in the country...

Fans can make a difference, making sure we're as loud as we can be can give the team an edge.

For me it's a two way street, the players need to get the crowd excited, or give them believe, and the fans give the backing, so the players give that extra.

Last season, your right, we were the 12 th man, but last season was a one off, just think this season we are going back to the status quo, and we are going to lose at lot more, and the atmosphere will suffer.

Going back to hull, the players were so flat, and uninspiring,  that after a good start in the stands, it soon went flat, and we barely got a chant going second half.

2 hours ago, deejdeej said:

That Ibrahimovich song went viral last week some time on the same old Facebook pages so I'm not surprised it's caught on quickly. 

Think one thing with United getting their songs goings the amount of videos of their "Tony Martial he came from france" and the Zlatan one etc.

Worked for us as well with Leo's song and to an extent Dilly Ding Dilly Dong, obviously one video of a good/great song going viral will help massively as many will hear it know the lyrics and then join in if they like it at the next game! I think the "some folks" song could be like that but I'm yet to find a good video of it (feel free to point me in the right direction of one)

1 minute ago, Sammy said:

Think one thing with United getting their songs goings the amount of videos of their "Tony Martial he came from france" and the Zlatan one etc.

Worked for us as well with Leo's song and to an extent Dilly Ding Dilly Dong, obviously one video of a good/great song going viral will help massively as many will hear it know the lyrics and then join in if they like it at the next game! I think the "some folks" song could be like that but I'm yet to find a good video of it (feel free to point me in the right direction of one)

Obviously it helps having glory hunters from all over the country that use that kind of page for their football knowledge. 

Yeah I remember the Leo song going viral, think the Mercury covered it too. Some folks is a great song that doesn't get the airing it deserves, hope it doesn't die out.

Guest CityFan 06
18 minutes ago, baker11 said:

How can we improve our away ends? How can we get folk to sing more and for longer?

To be honest the only thing which comes to mind is a drum - it'd keep the pace of our chants and would keep the chants going for longer too. I wouldn't really like a drum in our away ends, but if it were to kick-start a better atmosphere for the future it might be worth it. 

Why can't the Union FS drummer do it at away games? If he wanted to of course.

To improve the away atmosphere the only obvious thing to do is either all of Union FS buy there tickets next to each other. One person buys them all online etc. Or the leader of the group says where he's purchased his tickets and people who want to go for it all game get tickets as close to his seats as possible?

7 minutes ago, LCFC FOX said:

Why can't the Union FS drummer do it at away games? If he wanted to of course.

To improve the away atmosphere the only obvious thing to do is either all of Union FS buy there tickets next to each other. One person buys them all online etc. Or the leader of the group says where he's purchased his tickets and people who want to go for it all game get tickets as close to his seats as possible?

It's a lot harder than it sounds, few of the group are probably in different priority bands.

Guest CityFan 06

I also think UFS/consistent singers getting their own block together at away games would dramatically improve our away atmosphere. Personally would prefer it if we just keep our drums at home games, but that's just me.

Edited by LeiFosse 06

I spoke to one of the lads from UFS on Sunday and asked how difficult would it be for UFS to get all their tickets together & let people know which block they will be going in for aways. But he said it is possible but sounds a lot easier than you actually think. Plus not every member of the group attends away games so they'll be less anyway. 

55 minutes ago, Sammy said:

Seriously?

Do you think that man Utd core support at aways are Facebook, or you tubers. Please if your of that opinion great. But I would stake 100 notes on red 5 your wrong. It's about having a hard core Base of away support that have been going for years.

Looking at the crowd at Wembley for the community shield I barely saw anyone that came across as the sort I have seen in the away end at filbert st down the years.

As I said before. Hate the club or not they have some quality away support and a lot of it is boys in their late 40s or 50s.

7 minutes ago, LeiFosse 06 said:

I still think UFS/consistent singers getting their own block together at away games would dramatically improve our away atmosphere. Personally would prefer it if we just keep our drums at home games, but that's just me.

Head for the bunker. 

Coach 1 > p1> Ufs members>P2 >P3 lol 

59 minutes ago, LeiFosse 06 said:

To be honest the only thing which comes to mind is a drum - it'd keep the pace of our chants and would keep the chants going for longer too. I wouldn't really like a drum in our away ends, but if it were to kick-start a better atmosphere for the future it might be worth it. 

Out of interest, how many aways a season do you go to?

25 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

Looking at the crowd at Wembley for the community shield I barely saw anyone that came across as the sort I have seen in the away end at filbert st down the years.

would be odd to find fans who normally go to away games at filbert street at wembley supporting leicester in august, but hey ho we are the 'people's champions' i suppose

18 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

Seriously?

Do you think that man Utd core support at aways are Facebook, or you tubers. Please if your of that opinion great. But I would stake 100 notes on red 5 your wrong. It's about having a hard core Base of away support that have been going for years.

Never said they were youtubers or fan page holders but of course they'll have Facebook and maybe twitter! They're the ones posting these videos and most people have access to social media now. I believe that it is one of the reasons that their songs always catch on so quickly (you can see 3/4k away ends join in a brand new song, something you can't just put down to them being hardcore). Obviously the key thing with their away ends is they have similar sets of people who have gone for years and have the same culture but I don't think you can rule out videos of songs making a difference. Away from United take Will Grigg as an obvious example

4 minutes ago, eblair said:

would be odd to find fans who normally go to away games at filbert street at wembley supporting leicester in august, but hey ho we are the 'people's champions' i suppose

Are you deliberately trying to be a twat?

5 minutes ago, Sammy said:

Never said they were youtubers or fan page holders but of course they'll have Facebook and maybe twitter! They're the ones posting these videos and most people have access to social media now. I believe that it is one of the reasons that their songs always catch on so quickly (you can see 3/4k away ends join in a brand new song, something you can't just put down to them being hardcore). Obviously the key thing with their away ends is they have similar sets of people who have gone for years and have the same culture but I don't think you can rule out videos of songs making a difference. Away from United take Will Grigg as an obvious example

Please don't take will grigg as an example.

Utd wouldn't be seen dead ripping that shit off at a guess. And I'm pretty sure no one over 25 actually thinks it's that great.

I pray that vardys on fire doesn't take off.