Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Weller in Tights

Plaudits for our Atmosphere, let's keep it up

I thought the pre-match atmosphere was killed to some degree by the cheerleaders and montage of the greatest moments in our history, which they haven't even updated to include last season.

Previous to that they showed a montage of last season with Bocelli singing Nessum Dorma and it was superb, with the atmosphere clearly rising as it went on. Then they bring on those frigging cheerleaders dancing to Justin Timberlake and it all goes to pot.

• Like 4

Guest CityFan 06
1 hour ago, Ricey said:

I thought the pre-match atmosphere was killed to some degree by the cheerleaders and montage of the greatest moments in our history, which they haven't even updated to include last season.

Previous to that they showed a montage of last season with Bocelli singing Nessum Dorma and it was superb, with the atmosphere clearly rising as it went on. Then they bring on those frigging cheerleaders dancing to Justin Timberlake and it all goes to pot.

The build up all happened far too quickly in a very short space of time, felt like the club were trying to cram everything in. They had last season's montage, followed by the cheerleaders and then back to the history montage - it didn't work and the order wasn't quite right IMO. Next week/or in weeks to come, if the cheerleaders are going to be performing then it needs to be at half time. 

Just hope the pre match build up returns to normal next week... The pre match build up has been excellent and don't see why we should change that.

Edited by LeiFosse 06

11 minutes ago, Foxes1 said:

Bring back the Foxy Ladies lol  lets have popcorn as well like they did at the Friends Arena in Stockholm  and make it all Americanised  ;)

i'd be up for that maybe box each other as well a bit of foxy boxing?

Guest CityFan 06

If only we managed to create our home atmosphere without clappers, the poznan and goal music :( It saddens me the reputation we've got as a club now. Our atmosphere would still be one of the best in the league if we didn't do this stuff, in my opinion. You don't see any other English club do what we do which is part of it...

This is not an insult to anyone by the way, before anyone says, not looking for an argument. It's just my own thoughts which I've thought for a long while and it always keeps coming back to me. In the near future I just hope we can get a better reputation back. If we do want to aspire to be the same size as clubs such as Everton, West Ham, Newcastle etc, you don't see them doing the sort of stuff we do. Trophies is what makes the difference, I get that but what your fanbase is like and what it does, plays a part IMO.

Edited by LeiFosse 06

7 minutes ago, LeiFosse 06 said:

If only we managed to create our home atmosphere without clappers, the poznan and goal music :( It saddens me the reputation we've got as a club now. Our atmosphere would still be one of the best in the league if we didn't do this stuff, in my opinion. You don't see any other English club do what we do which is part of it...

This is not an insult to anyone by the way, before anyone says, not looking for an argument. It's just my own thoughts which I've thought for a long while and it always keeps coming back to me. In the near future I just hope we can get a better reputation back. If we do want to aspire to be the same size as clubs such as Everton, West Ham, Newcastle etc, you don't see them doing the sort of stuff we do. Trophies is what makes the difference, I get that but what your fanbase is like and what it does, plays a part IMO.

tbf you couldn't have listed three clubs with worse, more depressing home atmospheres. or bare trophy cabinets. there is pretty much nothing about newcastle, west ham or everton (maybe their history) that i'd aspire to have at our club. 

Guest CityFan 06
Just now, ScouseFox said:

tbf you couldn't have listed three clubs with worse, more depressing home atmospheres. or bare trophy cabinets. there is pretty much nothing about newcastle, west ham or everton (maybe their history) that i'd aspire to have at our club. 

True, but you get what I'm trying to say, we as a club do want to make the next step from being medium sized to big.

Would take our atmosphere with clappers over the library that is Goodison park anyday.

pount does still stand though, it sounds horrible hearing the clappers come across over on the tv, was my first time in SK1 the other day and the atmosphere was superb but on the tv the clappers just drain it out

Guest CityFan 06
15 minutes ago, lcfcben76 said:

Would take our atmosphere with clappers over the library that is Goodison park anyday.

pount does still stand though, it sounds horrible hearing the clappers come across over on the tv, was my first time in SK1 the other day and the atmosphere was superb but on the tv the clappers just drain it out

Everytime a chant gets going in SK1 it just goes too quickly too, our atmosphere just doesn't seem to come across as well.

True, but you get what I'm trying to say, we as a club do want to make the next step from being medium sized to big.

Clappers aren't hindering us from reaching the dizzying heights of Championship Newcastle, mid table Everton and Silent West Ham. They generate noise from fans who otherwise might not sing or clap and they're decent souvenirs from games - especially for the people who don't get to attend that often. Fans have no say over goal music and I'm confident most clubs have it, besides you can't hear it over the noise of the crowd celebrating. You're just looking for things to moan about.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I know they're playing Dortmund but Eintracht Trier's fans/ultras are creating a great noise in their match on now.

They're a 4th division side and it puts to shame a lot of 'atmospheres' in this country!

Edited by StanSP
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I know they're playing Dortmund but Eintracht Trier's fans/ultras are creating a great noise in their match on now.

They're a 4th division side and it puts to shame a lot of 'atmospheres' in this country!

Yep, outstanding atmosphere from both sides.

2 hours ago, LeiFosse 06 said:

Having supported the club for 50 years I can say that the atmosphere the fans have created over the last 18 months has been utterly fantastic WELL DONE US! and we have been recognised universally as one of the best sets of supporters in the land to complement the amazing success we have had on the pitch - that is not coincidental. The clappers have encouraged fans in all parts of he ground to be a part of the collective. Carry on East Stand with the Poznan - do what you like when we score,  Personally I'd like to hear the goal music at least 5 times every match!!

In terms of size of club - we had the highest attendance in the league on Saturday (quirk of fixtures where lesser clubs at home and Spuds lower capacity) Notwithstanding, some commentators have us as the 7th largest club in England and 13th overall. With £100M TV money, up to £40M Champions league if we progress and a growing worldwide fan base to buy merchandise and don't forget the owners have a cool £2billion - a lot of people will have to adjust their expectations about the size of the club. Oh and by the way there was an article in the London Evening Standard tonight commenting how dire the West Ham atmosphere is at "The London Stadium" as it is now called where  noise evaporates into thin air. The theme was how cr*p it was compared to Upton Park.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Red Squirrel said:

Having supported the club for 50 years I can say that the atmosphere the fans have created over the last 18 months has been utterly fantastic WELL DONE US! and we have been recognised universally as one of the best sets of supporters in the land to complement the amazing success we have had on the pitch - that is not coincidental. The clappers have encouraged fans in all parts of he ground to be a part of the collective. Carry on East Stand with the Poznan - do what you like when we score,  Personally I'd like to hear the goal music at least 5 times every match!!

In terms of size of club - we had the highest attendance in the league on Saturday (quirk of fixtures where lesser clubs at home and Spuds lower capacity) Notwithstanding, some commentators have us as the 7th largest club in England and 13th overall. With £100M TV money, up to £40M Champions league if we progress and a growing worldwide fan base to buy merchandise and don't forget the owners have a cool £2billion - a lot of people will have to adjust their expectations about the size of the club. Oh and by the way there was an article in the London Evening Standard tonight commenting how dire the West Ham atmosphere is at "The London Stadium" as it is now called where  noise evaporates into thin air. The theme was how cr*p it was compared to Upton Park.

It is of course true that the atmosphere has been brilliant over this period, but that is mostly due to the rather exceptional "journey" the team has been on.

It will be interesting to see how much the atmosphere is diminished if and when we hit a bad patch.