Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Weller in Tights

Plaudits for our Atmosphere, let's keep it up

In regards to yesterday's game I found it more worrying and surprising the amount of people that were getting on the backs of players instead of supporting. I couldn't believe a few people behind me shouting at mahrez quote "prove your f**ing worth, you c**t. Plus then some fans throwing their free t shirt at the end, was just embarrassing. I think some fans need to gain some perspective.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chili_con_carne said:

I hate the 'champions of England, we know what we are'. 

Stinks of arrogance and really doesn't come across well

Every team who win the league sing this. Shall we not sing about our greatest season ever?? We know we won't win it again so make the most of it!

Guest CityFan 06

I am surprised by the amount of fully standing stands in English football given the current seating requirements - Birmingham, Norwich, Derby, Middlesbrough all come to mind. Whereas at Filbert Way we tend to just have blocks of standing...

Anyone know when the KP was first built whether our Kop tried to stand or not? I'd love a standing Kop got to be honest, our atmosphere would be even better and it'd look great on TV :D.

Edited by LeiFosse 06

Thought we started well - agree with Baker WYS was loud - but as the game went on and it started getting tense (if you like) it got worse. Frustration probably.

I thought the Hull fans weren't too bad either in parts.

3 minutes ago, LeiFosse 06 said:

I am surprised by the amount of fully standing stands in English football given the current seating requirements - Birmingham, Norwich, Derby, Middlesbrough all come to mind. Whereas at Filbert Way we tend to just have blocks of standing...

Anyone know when the KP was first built whether our Kop tried to stand or not? I'd love a standing Kop got to be honest, our atmosphere would be even better and it'd look great on TV :D.

Never any standing in the early days of the Kop. Seemed to me to be full of the old Carling Stand/Double Decker residents who brought their silent support with them. I guess that's one of the reasons that L1 became a focus which became the new Crazy Corner. The move from Filbo was intended to distrupt and dilute the troublesome (as the club saw them) elements. It worked and we forgot how to create an atmospehe.

Guest CityFan 06
3 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Never any standing in the early days of the Kop. Seemed to me to be full of the old Carling Stand/Double Decker residents who brought their silent support with them. I guess that's one of the reasons that L1 became a focus which became the new Crazy Corner. The move from Filbo was intended to distrupt and dilute the troublesome (as the club saw them) elements. It worked and we forgot how to create an atmospehe.

Thanks, interesting to hear. We need to keep 'this' atmosphere though for seasons to come.

5 hours ago, chili_con_carne said:

I hate the 'champions of England, we know what we are'. 

Stinks of arrogance and really doesn't come across well

No problem with that version but the 'you'll never sing that' version is horrid. The type of song entitled big four fans sing 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, baker11 said:

Don't really buy into this. It's a mind set to go and fully sing your hearts out for the lads. Some folks and too many in my opinion just don't want to contribute  to an atmosphere, or th strange move is only to sing on stuff like right side left side.

Yesterday was the loudest I have heard WYS for ages which was nice to hear. The right side up at the top gave it a real good go but their efforts weren't  matched and the chants therefore didn't travel or stay a float for any length of time.

There was a decent mix of support in that area. A couple of lads in particular were great at getting the songs going but no one wanted to know. 

The only song what caught on was bleeding right/left side. 

Chelsea was the pits last day too. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

There was a decent mix of support in that area. A couple of lads in particular were great at getting the songs going but no one wanted to know. 

The only song what caught on was bleeding right/left side. 

Chelsea was the pits last day too. 

Fully agree with both your posts there. For me personally, it got to the point where I realised that nobody would join in while we were losing and I gave up trying to start anything. It's almost as if people feel that the players representing our club don't deserve it unless they are winning.

It's a shame considering our away end was surprisingly good for the first 30 minutes.

8 hours ago, Sammy said:

On a positive note thought "some folks talk of liverpool and Manchester" sounded great yesterday

Agree with this too, which is encouraging. It seems to have caught on well with our support & will hopefully continue to be sung more often.

Need to be at the top of our game this week.

Like the team, we'll need to go back to basics- singing for 90 minutes no matter what the score is. There's no pressure like at the end of last season, so we should be able to enjoy making a racket without having to be nervous about dropping points in a title race.

Am I right in thinking there's a tifo? They always help to ramp it up a bit.

34 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

Like the team, we'll need to go back to basics- singing for 90 minutes no matter what the score is. There's no pressure like at the end of last season, so we should be able to enjoy making a racket without having to be nervous about dropping points in a title race.

That's alright saying there is no nerves, but fans react to effort and exciting football, all of which was lacking Saturday.

If we look anything like we did against hull against arsenal, there won't be an atmosphere, as we will be losing heavily.

If the Leicester of last season turn up, win, lose or draw, the atmosphere will be good.

The team have their part to play in creating the atmosphere

42 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

There is a display yes, I went down and helped out yesterday, the UFS lads to be fair are working their tits off to get it done in time, a few of them spent all weekend at the ground, some were dead on their feet yesterday and are gonna be putting in some late shifts this week to finish of parts of it, and are starting seriously early next saturday as well.

Hope it comes off as it's taken some serious effort to do. I guess you don't quite realise how much work goes into the banners and parts that aren't just laying foils on seats.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Seen a couple of decent unique efforts from Man United and Sunderland get aired by their away fans this weekend. It'd be nice if we could focus on our more original efforts this season. Being the best team in the land should be mirrored by having the best supporters too.

Those Zlatan and Januzaj efforts are sensational. 

18 minutes ago, kushiro said:

You made me google them. Cheers. Typical that the Man U one is much sharper than the Sunderland one.

No one can touch United when it comes to new chants. But then, they've got a fanbase that are actually willing to give something a go for themselves and not wait till half the Football League have sung something before deciding it's OK.

18 minutes ago, kushiro said:

You made me google them. Cheers. Typical that the Man U one is much sharper than the Sunderland one.

The United one is so good, quite how they can come up with a completely new song with a new tune and have 1200 of them singing it perfectly for the first game of the season baffles me. Say what you want about tourists at OT but their away support (and their songbook) is the best in England imo. 

• Like 2