Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Weller in Tights

Plaudits for our Atmosphere, let's keep it up

• 1 month later...
Guest CityFan 06

Noticed both Hernandez and Zieler mentioned in their interviews about our home atmosphere and fans. Great to hear. As the thread title says, I wonder if we will keep this reputation in seasons to come.

Guest CityFan 06

I relation to the west ham comments.

It did take us over a decade to create anything decent down filbert way.

But so glad we got there in the end.

It's been a balance between Union FS forming in 2013, who have done wonders for the Kop/Stadium. Clap banners, and everyone driving for the same goal - you can really sense a togetherness in the stadium amongst the supporters and players.

Claudio said Leicester is like a Family and it's got that vibe to it, every fan of any age are all involved with the atmosphere in the ground. Players feed off that. UFS and L1 have been constant encouragements for all to be involved.

Guest CityFan 06

IMO it's worth watching this entire video folks. Only just came across this and it's superb. Shows the unveiling of the Union FS tifo & our atmosphere pre match v Swansea (H). The roar of the crowd at 1:20 & L1 at 3:23. The sense of belief between everyone, and what a job our Birch does.

That atmosphere :wub: . We made ourselves and Filbert Way very proud on this day. 

IMO it's worth watching this entire video folks. Only just came across this and it's superb. Shows the unveiling of the Union FS tifo & our atmosphere pre match v Swansea (H). The roar of the crowd at 1:20 & L1 at 3:23. The sense of belief between everyone, and what a job our Birch does.

That atmosphere :wub: . We made ourselves and Filbert Way very proud on this day. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQ8lHfwNi5M

The great thing is we're developing a cult, a real identity, the atmosphere, the team built with smart investment and intelligence, players fans can identify with Mahrez, Vardy, etc and a team that gives belief to thousands of fans up and down the country. I'm away at the minute and had fans of such clubs as Cardiff come and shake my hand, saying it's brilliant what we've done and gives them belief that they can do it. It's great because we're dining at the top table, we can 'walk with kings-nor lose the common touch'.

I'd just like to add that I've sloped off to the pub for a cheeky couple and plugged myself into Bocelli and the premier league presentation podcast again. So I am sat with a misty blue moon and misty eyed in a pub in minehead on my own reminiscing. :D

Edited by Vlad the Fox

That atmosphere :wub: . We made ourselves and Filbert Way very proud on this day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQ8lHfwNi5M

Just occasionally I wish I was on the outside watching all of this, as when you're at the game, home or away, you don't get the perspective from the other fans, people in a pub watching it etc. We miss all of that, for a very good reason, we are there right in it.

Likewise, living in the county, you don't know how much you're talked about by other fans right around the country.

Still wouldn't swap my seat though, but just would be good to view it from a neutrals point of view.

https://youtu.be/6ztjUtHG2mw

Another view from the Jacks end of that game and some scenes afterwards outside.

Edited by promised land

Guest CityFan 06

Just occasionally I wish I was on the outside watching all of this, as when you're at the game, home or away, you don't get the perspective from the other fans, people in a pub watching it etc. We miss all of that, for a very good reason, we are there right in it.

Likewise, living in the county, you don't know how much you're talked about by other fans right around the country.

Still wouldn't swap my seat though, but just would be good to view it from a neutrals point of view.

https://youtu.be/6ztjUtHG2mw

Another view from the Jacks end of that game and some scenes afterwards outside.

Yeah agree. I've often wondered what our atmosphere looks and sounds like from opposition teams. Also the bouncing after goals, we're only a few teams who celebrate a goal to our extent. We're not all keen on the Poznan, but the ground & atmosphere is rocking after every goal.

I've noticed more of the East Stand, and a majority of the Family Stand are now bouncing after goals.

If I'm honest, when I watched a home game abroad this season it sounded really crap.

The clappers sound like the ground is full of school kids.

Cant wait for the replies on this lol. Truth is our atmosphere is down to form, if we'd of been battling relegation all season we'd of not had an atmosphere like what we had last year, including the clappers. I'm not going to get into an argument with anyone about them, this is my opinion. Edited by Countesthorpe Fox 1884

Cant wait for the replies on this lol. Truth is our atmosphere is down to form, if we'd of been battling relegation all season we'd of not had an atmosphere like what we had last year, including the clappers. I'm not going to get into an argument with anyone about them, this is my opinion.

lol I'm not having a go at our atmosphere at all. When I'm in it it's absolutely bonkers at times. It's just a bit disappointing when I've watched us on the box, especially when I know how good it sounds when I'm in it.

Each to their own on the clappers, even I bore myself on that subjet now lol But that's all I can hear when I'm watching.

Edited by The soup nazi

Guest CityFan 06

lol I'm not having a go at our atmosphere at all. When I'm in it it's absolutely bonkers at times. It's just a bit disappointing when I've watched us on the box, especially when I know how good it sounds when I'm in it.

Each to their own on the clappers, even I bore myself on that subjet now lol But that's all I can hear when I'm watching.

Fair point Soup. I have noticed myself too, the atmosphere in the stadium differs from watching it on the TV.

I'm not going to lie here I'd like a break from the clappers, or if not that, couldn't they hand them out outside the ground so not everyone has to have one attached to their seat? Then the people who want one can have one, whereas others like me can leave it should they want to. Again, like Countesthorpe Fox pointed out, this is my own opinion.

couldn't they hand them out outside the ground so not everyone has to have one attached to their seat? Then the people who want one can have one, whereas others like me can leave it should they want to. .

But if you don't want to use it leave it under your seat, so it's irrelevant whether they hand them out or put them on the seats.lol

You're saying because it's there you have to use it as the temptation is there.

Guest CityFan 06

But if you don't want to use it leave it under your seat, so it's irrelevant whether they hand them out or put them on the seats. lol

You're saying because it's there you have to use it as the temptation is there.

True. Just thought it would be easier for the club rather than them putting clap banners on 32k seats every home match. I wonder if we will have them next season, I think we will if I'm honest. 

Our ground does suffer on TV I feel, mainly because it's loud all the way rounded there isn't a focus on the mics. Completely different to palace where there is a mic right infront of their 'ultras' which makes their quiet at times ground sound great on tv

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
Guest CityFan 06

Just noticed Birmingham have established a new supporter group at St Andrews. They seem to be getting more and more popular. What I also noticed was that in those videos of the group, they are positioned at the front block, and their whole stand is standing.

Just makes me think how good Union FS would be in front of the goal and also with our fans in the Kop all stood... :wub: 
Either that or where the whole block of SK1 are all involved, the atmosphere would be even more excellent.

9 hours ago, LCFC FOX said:

Can someone list the names of some of the best fan groups in England? I'd like too see some of them.

I've heard Middlesbrough are decent 

In my opinion, I would say the top English and Scottish ultras (currently, not historically because Red Ultras at Aberdeen were decent 10+ years ago) are Green Brigade (Celtic), Union Bears (Rangers), Holmesdale Fanatics (Palace) and Red Faction (Boro). They lead the way by a mile.

Other notable groups: Jorvik Reds (York), Oxford Ultras (Oxford, surprisingly), Phoenix Suptras (Aldershot) and Red Legion (Exeter).

Then you've got your fan groups like Watford (1881 Movement), Man City (1894 Group), Huddersfield (North Stand Loyal), Spurs, Dundee, West Ham and Derby who can be praised for actually trying to do something about atmospheres but wouldn't be considered ultras.

12 hours ago, LeiFosse 06 said:

Just noticed Birmingham have established a new supporter group at St Andrews. They seem to be getting more and more popular. What I also noticed was that in those videos of the group, they are positioned at the front block, and their whole stand is standing.

Just makes me think how good Union FS would be in front of the goal and also with our fans in the Kop all stood... :wub: 
Either that or where the whole block of SK1 are all involved, the atmosphere would be even more excellent.

Agree with this.  I'm at the back of P block in the Family stand but when Filbert Way opened me and a few mates were the ones who battled to stand up at the back of the L block. After a couple of seasons of being told to sit down, it eventually got established as a standing area at the back, which slowly crept forward down the stand.

in hindsight, we should've started at the front of the stand, getting everyone behind us then standing!  Ah well, it's a wonderful thing hindsight.

2 hours ago, C-man said:

In my opinion, I would say the top English and Scottish ultras (currently, not historically because Red Ultras at Aberdeen were decent 10+ years ago) are Green Brigade (Celtic), Union Bears (Rangers), Holmesdale Fanatics (Palace) and Red Faction (Boro). They lead the way by a mile.

Other notable groups: Jorvik Reds (York), Oxford Ultras (Oxford, surprisingly), Phoenix Suptras (Aldershot) and Red Legion (Exeter).

Then you've got your fan groups like Watford (1881 Movement), Man City (1894 Group), Huddersfield (North Stand Loyal), Spurs, Dundee, West Ham and Derby who can be praised for actually trying to do something about atmospheres but wouldn't be considered ultras.

Would also throw 617 Squadron at Lincoln and Well Bois at Motherwell into the mix in terms of clued-up groups doing well but staying under the radar. Don't think you can really say most of the groups mentioned in your last paragraph are part of any scene the others are involved in. Completely different mentality.

Several groups in Ireland also worth looking at. Great little scene over there.

Guest CityFan 06
3 hours ago, Weller in Tights said:

Agree with this.  I'm at the back of P block in the Family stand but when Filbert Way opened me and a few mates were the ones who battled to stand up at the back of the L block. After a couple of seasons of being told to sit down, it eventually got established as a standing area at the back, which slowly crept forward down the stand.

in hindsight, we should've started at the front of the stand, getting everyone behind us then standing!  Ah well, it's a wonderful thing hindsight.

I just think SK1 as a standing block would be excellent, especially because Union FS are there. And then gradually the Kop stood. Ideally I'd love to see UFS at the front of SK1 as not only would there be more coverage of the group but also you'd be closer to the pitch/players. As we know the atmosphere travels down to the pitch at the KP.

However they've done very well to establish a block in the ground for pure singing. Massive advocate of UFS and what they've done. I'd happily stand all match in SK1 where I am but others around me like to sit, (of course nothing wrong in that).

If standing in SK1/Kop would ever happen, this is the most likely time IMO. Fans have encouraged efforts from Union FS for 3 years now, and I think we'd find more people standing up and singing in SK1/Kop than we think, potentially. 

4 minutes ago, LeiFosse 06 said:

I just think SK1 as a standing block would be excellent, especially because Union FS are there. And then gradually the Kop stood. Ideally I'd love to see UFS at the front of SK1 as not only would there be more coverage of the group but also you'd be closer to the pitch/players. As we know the atmosphere travels down to the pitch at the KP.

However they've done very well to establish a block in the ground for pure singing. Massive advocate of UFS and what they've done. I'd happily stand all match in SK1 where I am but others around me like to sit, (of course nothing wrong in that).

If standing in SK1/Kop would ever happen, this is the most likely time IMO. Fans have encouraged efforts from Union FS for 3 years now, and I think we'd find more people standing up and singing in SK1/Kop than we think, potentially. 

There's no chance that all of SK1 will stand,  especially down at the front.  

Mate if you want to stand and sing why don't you relocate your seat?