Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Weller in Tights

Plaudits for our Atmosphere, let's keep it up

56 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

There is a display yes, I went down and helped out yesterday, the UFS lads to be fair are working their tits off to get it done in time, a few of them spent all weekend at the ground, some were dead on their feet yesterday and are gonna be putting in some late shifts this week to finish of parts of it, and are starting seriously early next saturday as well.

Hope it comes off as it's taken some serious effort to do. I guess you don't quite realise how much work goes into the banners and parts that aren't just laying foils on seats.

It was a pleasure to be able to help, as always. Laying the foil out on seats tends to take a while as well from pervious displays lol 

Roll on Saturday. 

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

The United one is so good, quite how they can come up with a completely new song with a new tune and have 1200 of them singing it perfectly for the first game of the season baffles me. Say what you want about tourists at OT but their away support (and their songbook) is the best in England imo. 

On the way to Wembley a group of United fans were on the tube, constantly singing songs for 20 minutes and didn't repeat one once. 

Their repetiore is amazing, but having decades of success brings decades of songs I guess.

Funniest one though was after their '20times, 20 times', song, light hearted they sang '1 time, 1 time and we're counting....playing football the Leicester way', made me chuckle. lol 

21 minutes ago, promised land said:

On the way to Wembley a group of United fans were on the tube, constantly singing songs for 20 minutes and didn't repeat one once. 

Their repetiore is amazing, but having decades of success brings decades of songs I guess.

Funniest one though was after their '20times, 20 times', song, light hearted they sang '1 time, 1 time and we're counting....playing football the Leicester way', made me chuckle. lol 

Success doesnt equal a strong varied songbook.

1 hour ago, baker11 said:

Success doesnt equal a strong varied songbook.

the fact livpool and united have the two best songbooks and are the two most successful teams in the country isn't just a coincidence like. 

oh what a night late in May at mk dons away or we've won it 3 times, the jpt, we've won it 3 times etc doesn't quite have the same ring to it. 

Unless I'm mistaken I'm pretty sure United have a dedicated bloke who pens all their new chants. 

We should get that Dave Henson bloke to get writing.

I know we have a 'New Chants' thread but lets be honest, 90% of them are awful rip offs of existing chants. Perhaps we could have a 'Unique Chants' thread where they're genuinely new or at least unique to us?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, BrummieFOX said:

Unless I'm mistaken I'm pretty sure United have a dedicated bloke who pens all their new chants

We should get that Dave Henson bloke to get writing.

I know we have a 'New Chants' thread but lets be honest, 90% of them are awful rip offs of existing chants. Perhaps we could have a 'Unique Chants' thread where they're genuinely new or at least unique to us?

Yeah, his name's Pete Boyle. Think he's responsible for the vast majority.

Guest CityFan 06

The Tifo always sets the tone for the atmosphere it seems. Let's hope we're on top on Saturday, shining example here of what we can do. Look at those flags, beautiful!

*Mind your volume, and it's better with headphones*

Edited by LeiFosse 06

5 hours ago, GlennyFox55 said:

Players respond to atmosphere as much as fans do to whats happening on the pitch so if they're playing poorly its up to us to pull them through. Besides football is much more enjoyable if there's a good atmosphere no matter the score or result.

Agree it's more enjoyable with a good atmosphere, even when the game is shit, like Saturday, that's why I sit where I do for years.

Sadly not the whole ground will respond when we play poorly, just fact.

5 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Sorry, but I'm not having that for one second. Like baker11 said, it's the state of mind people go to a game with that counts. Supporters can't control what goes on on the pitch, but they can control what effort they make to back the team. If people are only interested in singing when we're winning, then all this bragging about our "amazing support" for the past year and a half will get shown up very quickly.

Have it or don't have it, but it's fact.

Doesnt mean I like it, I go to enjoy the atmosphere and the match day experience, but it's fact that when things are not going our way, thousands will sit in silence and groan.

Just now, Monsell1976 said:

Have it or don't have it, but it's fact.

Doesnt mean I like it, I go to enjoy the atmosphere and the match day experience, but it's fact that when things are not going our way, thousands will sit in silence and groan.

Fair enough, you're right about that. It's a sad state of affairs.

Just disagree on the team having their part to play. That's exactly the kind of excuse the lazy sods who can't be arsed trot out, and doesn't help the cause of the likes of me and you who do go to be part of the atmosphere every week.

5 hours ago, Ted Maul said:

That's my point- we're going to lose games, as we will every season. We need to make sure that the team know we're right behind them, no matter what (as long as they're putting a shift in, which we know this lot will).

It shouldn't take having a title-winning side to make some noise, let's enjoy ourselves!

No it shouldn't, and I have sang in pen 3 when David pleat was here, and enjoyed great days in the pens, when the football came second as it was that bad, but we fill the ground now, and not all will be die hard, and some not all will have over expectations of us.

I want the atmosphere bouncing everyweek, but a voice of experience, if it ain't happening on the pitch, barring the usual area's, it will be silent everywhere else.

also isnt the zlatan one a pretty familiar tune? liverpool sang it for brendan rodgers? and it's been used before? 

anyone bar united have that chant and it gets mocked as a shit rip off. united sing it and people reckon they penned the lyrics, wrote the music, got the backing track recorded and all learnt it on the train down. bullshit. 

• Like 1

They do have the best fans in the country thants a fact. Like someone else said they tend to have the same people who come up with the chants and then they get the lyrics spread. Plus they all have a good tune. Some of the chants Union FS have sung don't take off because the tune is pretty dull. That's not a dig, just my opinion on why they haven't caught on! 

29 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

also isnt the zlatan one a pretty familiar tune? liverpool sang it for brendan rodgers? and it's been used before? 

anyone bar united have that chant and it gets mocked as a shit rip off. united sing it and people reckon they penned the lyrics, wrote the music, got the backing track recorded and all learnt it on the train down. bullshit. 

I remember when Uncle Albert/ Grandad came on here and was raving about how good the "we are Liverpool tr la la la" and hoe they had made this catchy song. 

Turns out Man United had sung it about 14 years previously for Ruud Van Nistelrooy. 

10 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I'm sorry but I'm gonna have to disagree here. 

Firstly we've had a handful (if even that) of original songs stick with our support over the past few years, the vast majority have some origin in UFS. Leo's, 'some people they talk of' and 'proud of our city' for example.

You can fairly criticise them for a few things to but trying to get some originality going isn't one, even if the tune isn't great. 

Certainly not yourself but I get really annoyed at those what loudly criticise UFS yet have one of the UFS organised displays plastered all over their social media

We have this weird thing at the moment where loads of people love singing the rent a chants like left/right side and 'we know what we are.' Yet completely and utterly ignore any historical, original,chants such as 'When you're smiling'. 

I just can't fathom our support out. We should be immensely proud of what's been achieved of a) a decent home atmosphere and b) last seasons success. Yet the last away trips - Chelsea, Wembley, Hull; there's always been a section of fans ready to get an atmosphere going and then those who sit there as if at an art gallery. 

I understand the subject can be alienating as I realise not everyone wants to sing or scream. I just don't want us to join this cemetery of traditional English atmospheres what's festering

In a nutshell. Agree with you that our original & unique songs are much better. WYS needs airing more at games IMO. Some folks & Leicester boys are we, are class in SK1 once they get going.

39 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Firstly we've had a handful (if even that) of original songs stick with our support over the past few years, the vast majority have some origin in UFS. Leo's, 'some people they talk of' and 'proud of our city' for example.

You can fairly criticise them for a few things to but trying to get some originality going isn't one, even if the tune isn't great. 

Certainly not yourself but I get really annoyed at those what loudly criticise UFS yet have one of the UFS organised displays plastered all over their social media

We have this weird thing at the moment where loads of people love singing the rent a chants like left/right side and 'we know what we are.' Yet completely and utterly ignore any historical, original,chants such as 'When you're smiling'. 

I just can't fathom our support out. We should be immensely proud of what's been achieved of a) a decent home atmosphere and b) last seasons success. Yet the last away trips - Chelsea, Wembley, Hull; there's always been a section of fans ready to get an atmosphere going and then those who sit there as if at an art gallery. 

I understand the subject can be alienating as I realise not everyone wants to sing or scream. I just don't want us to join this cemetery of traditional English atmospheres what's festering

I'm not having a go, I'm just simply saying some of there chants haven't always caught on because the tune isnt great. However most the chants they do sing are great and the unique ones they have come up with are fantastic. In fact I wish they sung more new chants that way if people like it they'll join in. Simple. People are relying on union FS to start new chants now. 

Edited by LCFC FOX

8 minutes ago, LCFC FOX said:

I'm not having a go, I'm just simply saying some of there chants haven't always caught on because the tune isnt great. However most the chants they do sing are great and the unique ones they have come up with are fantastic. In fact I wish they sung more new chants that way if people like it they'll join in. Simple. People are relying on union FS to start new chants now. 

I recognise you're not having a dig. Which tunes out of interest though? Think UFS tend to bin off ones that aren't catching on pretty quickly (The Albrighton 'Thriller' one for example).

Edited by Voll Blau

3 minutes ago, LCFC FOX said:

Sorry reading back was pretty badly directed at you. It annoys me that they are targeted when they actually trying to get an atmosphere going. 

49 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Great post.