Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

Spurs Post Match

Fans still moaning about the heat lol, it was bloody hot against Sunderland & we dominated them.

There was more cloud cover on Saturday & it even started raining.

So shove that excuse up your arse.

I take it you wasn't there then? I wasn't in the sun and was sweating and even got a spot dizzy myself.

Fans still moaning about the heat lol, it was bloody hot against Sunderland & we dominated them.

There was more cloud cover on Saturday & it even started raining.

So shove that excuse up your arse.

It wasn't just hot mate, it was ****ing muggy as shit out. 

I played squash at 9am in the morning and didn't stop sweating until the sun went down.

It was properly humid out, it was quite clear that both teams were feeling the weather. 

I take it you wasn't there then? I wasn't in the sun and was sweating and even got a spot dizzy myself.

I sat in the family stand & to me in terms of weather Sunderland was just as bad. The sun hardly went in that day unlike Saturday, much more cloud cover.

how can he possibly think the ref is right here

Penalty appeal: Riyad Mahrez (Leicester) v Tottenham

SCENARIO: Leicester winger Mahrez receives a pass in the penalty box and holds the ball up while being marked closely by Jan Vertonghen. The Tottenham defender, in his attempts to prevent a goalscoring opportunity for Leicester, grabs hold of Mahrez's shirt before making a challenge, bringing down Mahrez. 

REFEREE DECISION: Martin Atkinson does not award Leicester a penalty and play continues. 

DERMOT SAYS: I think the referee is actually right to play on. From the referee's view, he sees Mahrez grab hold of Vertonghen's shirt. Without a doubt, Vertonghen has also got a hold of Mahrez's shirt. I think he sees the situation as six of one, half a dozen of the other. 

Both players are pushing and shoving. In this case, whichever way the referee goes he's going to be wrong. If he gives a free-kick to the defender, he'll then be blamed. With both players at it, the ball is cleared upfield and you're best off continuing play.

SCENARIO: Leicester winger Mahrez receives a pass in the penalty box and holds the ball up while being marked closely by Jan Vertonghen. The Tottenham defender, in his attempts to prevent a goalscoring opportunity for Leicester, grabs hold of Mahrez's shirt before making a challenge, bringing down Mahrez.

REFEREE DECISION: Martin Atkinson does not award Leicester a penalty and play continues.

DERMOT SAYS: I think the referee is actually right to play on. From the referee's view, he sees Mahrez grab hold of Vertonghen's shirt. Without a doubt, Vertonghen has also got a hold of Mahrez's shirt. I think he sees the situation as six of one, half a dozen of the other.

Both players are pushing and shoving. In this case, whichever way the referee goes he's going to be wrong. If he gives a free-kick to the defender, he'll then be blamed. With both players at it, the ball is cleared upfield and you're best off continuing play.

Complete clown. 6 of 1 half a dozen of the other for shirt pulling (which was here not there as it wasn't really affecting any player) but what about the kick that swept his standing leg?

It was weird he was just making excuses, how he could just dismiss the kick because the ref was concentrating on the shirt pulling, load of shite. Why he couldn't say it was a tough decision for the ref to make in real time with a lot going on, but with the benefit of slo mo replays you can see a clear foul by Vertongen.

Madness to try claim the ref got it right because he was concentrating on the shirt pulling.

Sun was directly on myself, for me weather against Sunderland felt just as bad.

A little late for this now, but I thought I would share some words of wisdom:

It is better to say nothing and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Just shows, the ref was looking at the shirt pulling, not the fact the defender takes Mahrez's leg from under him.

They should explain then, the difference between this and City's 1st penalty this season..

What makes fans angry, is 1) the Ref had a clear view, 2) inconsistentcies and fear, yes fear the refs have of giving Penalties

3) IMO, There should be at least 3 pens per side in every game, especially from corners.

Refs and their bosses are just not ruling the game.Its amazing how fouling in the penalty area has been totally ignored,

and has now become accepted has bog Standard defending.

Good result

Fuchs in for Schlupp though surely. Lazy performance from Jeff and he was AWOL for their goal.

I thought apart from the goal Schlupp had a great game just behind Majrez for me as MOTM he is really developing into a class player

Schlupp versus Gradel against Bournemouth would be interesting. Gradel would definitely question Schupp's mental awareness, particularly if given a fairly free attacking role, while Schlupp could severely test Gradel's defensive improvement if given license to attack. 

Schlupp versus Gradel against Bournemouth would be interesting. Gradel would definitely question Schupp's mental awareness, particularly if given a fairly free attacking role, while Schlupp could severely test Gradel's defensive improvement if given license to attack.

Gradel plays on RDL's side .......

Archived