Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
brisfox

Famous people you have met. What were they like? Did any of them play for City? Famous people your mates have met.

Russell Brand on Alcatraz Island

P Diddy in Ibiza

Jamie Foxx and Eva Longoria in Miami

Vic and Bob at Wembley

Prince Harry and the whole England Rugby team at an after match team dinner.

Boy George in town (no not a gay club).

Darth Vader.

Grot Baggs and Tommy Mallet, I was never happier than when I met them ha.

Footballers etc I'm not going to bother with!

That'll be Timmy Mallet's not so famous brother then !!!

Andy Townsend

Eddie "The Eagle" Edwards

Tony Sibson

Serge Pizzorno

Matt Elliott

Steve Walsh

Jersey Budd

The late,great Tommy Cooper in a joke shop in Scarborough

Chris Edwards from Kasabian used to come to our house a lot.(was mates with my son)

Mark Selby

Oh yeah, my mate's in Showaddywaddy.....does that count?

Edited by big stodge

Andy Townsend

Eddie "The Eagle" Edwards

Tony Sibson

Serge Pizzorno

Matt Elliott

Steve Walsh

Jersey Budd

The late,great Tommy Cooper in a joke shop in Scarborough

Chris Edwards from Kasabian used to come to our house a lot.(was mates with my son)

Mark Selby

Oh yeah, my mate's in Showaddywaddy.....does that count?

wasnt emile heskey's dad in showaddywaddy or was my dad taking the piss

I seen Jackie Chan in the v.i.p section of a Tokyo nite club, myself, a lad from Leeds and a girl from the east end did exaggerated amateur karate moves as we approached him. He was laughing and we had a photo took with him. (pre facebook days).

Edited by Jock Wallace

Mmmmm

Maggie/ Dennis Thatcher

Michael Portillo among other Tories.

Norman Collier

Keith Harris

Kate o'mara (from Leicester)

BA Robertson (bang bang)

all of Spandau Ballet

all of the clash.. (mick jones joe strummer)

all of the specials

gerald durrell

larry grayson 

lenny henry

franky wortho

emile heskey

neil lennon

My dad used to work at the Holiday Inn in Leicester. He met lots of well known people. He once tried to throw out two members of Iron Maiden for having a water fight in the corridor. (had no idea who they were) He also said Freddie Starr was a miserable bas###d.

• Like 1

Met Elvis Hammonds uncle at work a few years back, also worked for a short time with a bloke who had a trial with Tranmere Rovers. He was at least 20 stone when I met him so can only assume his football career didn't go to plan.

Stood next to Flea from the Red Hot Chili Peppers on the tube once, Adrian Chiles asked me for directions once as well.

I got pissed with Ozzy Osbourne in Olive's Bar at The Belmont when I worked at Premier Drums at South Wigston. Good bloke.

I met lots of drummers during my time at Premier, probably my favourite was the chap from Blondie, Clem Burke. Good egg.

I got seriously pissed with Charlie Nicholas at the Las Brisas Hotel in Acapulco during a hurricane. I was with one of my ex-wives. Terrifying bar bill.

I have been told to eff off (more or less) by Geoffrey Boycott, Alan Lamb and Clive Lloyd but not at the same time. Sir Ian Botham is the rudest, most unpleasant person I have ever met.

I remember seeing Frankie Wortho lots at Grannie's on the London Road but being too shy to say you are such a lad.

Interviewed Jimmy Bloomfield when I was a wanky reporter on a BBC Radio Leicester student radio programme. A gentleman in the proper, old sense of the word.

All the above not in chronological order obvs.

wasnt emile heskey's dad in showaddywaddy or was my dad taking the piss

As pointed out below it was Scott and stef oakes old man that was in showaddywaddy.

As mentioned elsewhere on here. My mother in law worked with the boys old dear at Kwak save lol

Edited by Bayfox

Met Mayday Parade in the toilets of Nandos Norwich, top lads, held the door open for me.

Couldn't actually take a piss due to being star struck though so I was stood awkwardly trying to piss for ages.

Met Andy King & Craig King, both lovely down to earth people.

Sat next to a bunch of sven era first teamers during a youth game, didn't actually notice until they went down the tunnel at half time.

p

What the fcck is mayday parade? Sounds shite

I know a former Real Madrid manager, whom I won't name because (a) I'm not sure he'd want me to (b) because I haven't seen him for a few years now and only loosely stay in touch and © it sounds more impressive to say 'former Real Madrid manager' than to actually name him. You might imagine it to be Capello or something, which it isn't. He's a lovely guy with a lovely family. I also know an Assistant Manager at a La Liga club whom, again, I won't mention because you'd never have heard of him. And because this sort of thing feels a little bit like when you're at Primary School and they ask you to draw a circle of friends with buddies on the inside, vague acquaintances on the outside and, often, people you secretly can't stand right in the middle. As for Leicester, I had a few dealing with Howard Riley in an educational capacity and he seemed a very kind man, and was still employed by the club. Outside of football, I have a few famous relatives I've never met and once got drunk with Damon from Blur, who was meant to be an awful person but turned out to be very sound. I also believe I was on a bus with a famous terrorist once, but can't be sure.

Here are a few that maybe gives an interesting insight.

Alex McLeish - Forget his hard exterior on the TV, this bloke is one of the nicest chaps you could spend time with. Had a great evening, a real genuine bloke and would often text you and congratulate you when Leicester won.

Nigel Pearson - I think he was quite deep, but still a decent chap. Corteous, but with an aura about him. I liked him, thought he was a decent sort.

Parrott - snooker player. Forgot his first name. Vile. He was a "special" guest on our table at a race meeting along with the late Gary Ablett. Gary was a really nice chap, friendly, a good guy to have on your table. Parrott was ignorant, wouldn't look up from his racing post, wouldn't engage and shot off from the table as much as he could. A vile individual.

Had dinner with Graham Roberts. He was alright, introduced me to Peter Shilton who is dull, always has been. Graham popped out to the bog, so my mate pinched his steak off his plate. Just a normal fella really, proper bloke. I remember he then brought Dennis Wise to the table, everyone shook his hand and said hello. As he was going round the table I got up and left. Didn't want anything to do with him.

I've been a guest on Danny Baker and Danny Kelly's show on BT sport. Shared a few bottles of Budweiser with them in the green room afterwards - both highly knowledgeable and interesting, with Kelly in particular happy to talk about his time spent in Leicester as a student.

In the same green room, I returned from doing my bit to be greeted by Neil Warnock, who told me he had been watching and had found it interesting. Despite his reputation amongst City fans, I actually found him to be quite a nice guy - down to earth, and quite chatty. We watched The Big Bang Theory, which he described as "very funny".

Both Pearson and Ranieri in the press conference at Leicester - Monaco. Even then Ranieri was highly complimentary about the club. Shouldn't have been a surprise he was interested in the job. Pearson was very humourous, easy-going; certainly in keeping with what many of his defenders said after "Ostrich-gate".

Muzzy Izzet nicked one of my mate's chips at the Bees Knees, the day after he scored his goal against Grimsby. Was playing pool with Billy McKinlay.

Many more footballers/coaches through press conferences, interviews and brief chats.

I've been a guest on Danny Baker and Danny Kelly's show on BT sport. Shared a few bottles of Budweiser with them in the green room afterwards - both highly knowledgeable and interesting, with Kelly in particular happy to talk about his time spent in Leicester as a student.

In the same green room, I returned from doing my bit to be greeted by Neil Warnock, who told me he had been watching and had found it interesting. Despite his reputation amongst City fans, I actually found him to be quite a nice guy - down to earth, and quite chatty. We watched The Big Bang Theory, which he described as "very funny".

Both Pearson and Ranieri in the press conference at Leicester - Monaco. Even then Ranieri was highly complimentary about the club. Shouldn't have been a surprise he was interested in the job. Pearson was very humourous, easy-going; certainly in keeping with what many of his defenders said after "Ostrich-gate".

Muzzy Izzet nicked one of my mate's chips at the Bees Knees, the day after he scored his goal against Grimsby. Was playing pool with Billy McKinlay.

Many more footballers/coaches through press conferences, interviews and brief chats.

Ha, I forgot Ranieri and Pearson played each other. That was a weird friendly

Walked into The Rutland and Derby on Millstone Lane a few years ago (about 2006 ish) and these 3 old boys were stood there having a drink ...  Only John Sjoberg, Pete Rodrigues and Mike Stringfellow ....   lovely to speak to them and tell them how much I enjoyed watching them ...  Pete and John were fairly quiet but Stringy was on top form .....   gave him a quick rendition of "You ain't seen nothing like the mighty String !" before I left  (yes I'd had a few) ....   Sadly, John is no longer with us.

A few people over the years.

A few MPs including David Cameron - taller than you think.  Yvette Cooper came across well, appeared to be interested when you spoke to her, unlike Cameron.

Christine Blakely - hot

What's her name Jones from "The One Show" - fit as

Rachel Riley - absolutely stunning in real life and she asked me out on a date (well invited me onto Countdown).  My missus dragged me away before I could get her number.

Howard Webb the ref - really nice guy.

The girl from Blue Peter that rowed down the Amazon - really nice girl.

Katie Piper - the model that was victim of an acid attack - nice girl but was drunk and hitting on my mate a bit.  Nothing happened.

I once saw Peter Taylor on his morning jog in Oakham on my way to Sunday morning footy.

JayKay from Jamiroquia pushed me out of the way of a van that was about to run me over at the British Grand Prix around 96/97.  He was drinking from a glass of whisky at the time, clearly drunk.

On the subject of F1, I have chatted with David Coulthard and Mika Salo - both nice guys

I was drinking one night in Manchester and Huey from the Fun Lovin Criminals walked past the bar we were in.  We rushed out, shook him by the hand - he was really cool.

My mate was best man at Ben Cohen's (England Rugby player) wedding a few years ago.